• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life is meant to be destroyed

Kelly of the Phoenix

I mean, you're free to go all Sith-y if you want, but regardless of our mortality, we can affect positive actions that will survive whether we do or not. You can still be a Sith who uses that passion, that anger, to affect real change in the world. :)

Onyx

Premium Member
To me, an eternal blissful life would be the greatest meaningful and joyful life since I get to be happy forever, enjoy the beauty of life forever, and have it all to myself forever without worrying about death or any form of suffering in my life anymore.

I think you should work towards that which you identify the most with. We all got here somehow, and we all attempt to make sense of our reality in various ways. There is no right or wrong, only what is right for you. It can take a long time to figure things out, but that is the journey of life.

Hopefully, we will all eventually arrive to the "big forum in the sky". What will you contribute to the discussion?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
This life isn’t meant to be cherished. It is meant to be destroyed. If anything or anyone messes with me and gives me problems, then they will be destroyed. Since this life has given me the greatest problem of all which is eternal death rather than what I absolutely need and solely value in life which is an eternal blissful life, then this life is more than worthy of being destroyed. Eternal death is the ultimate abomination and the ultimate sin against me. It is the ultimate insult, mockery, and demeaning of my personal value and worth as a human being since it is no different than saying to me:

“Here, you have this beautiful life to live for a while. But too bad, it is only here for a short time and I am going to put you forever in the grave. You are nothing more than a biological organism that will live and just forever be waste and decayed in the end. You are not an immortal soul. You are just here to live and forever die. You are nothing more than a mere biological process of life. Sure, you can do good deeds in this life and other important things. But you are still nothing more than a mere biological process of life that will just live and forever die one day.”

Anything or anyone that demeans my personal value and worth like this needs to be destroyed. Therefore, this life was better off having been destroyed to begin with. Me living in eternal bliss is the #1 thing to me in life. NEVER take this away from me. Anyone who does will be in serious trouble.

This is all I have and I cannot be happy and find meaning in my life without this. The idea of me forever dying is the worst thing to me that not only makes my life miserable and meaningless, but also induces a psychotic destructive rage since my importance as a human being is being demeaned by this very fact of life.

I absolutely cannot stand it when not only my feelings of happiness are taken away, but also me living forever happy. Me living forever happy is all that matters to me and anything or anyone that goes against this will be destroyed. I will become violent to show you just how serious I am when I say that a life that I can have all to myself to enjoy and be happy in for all eternity (an eternal blissful life) is all that matters to me and is all that brings my life joy and meaning.

You are going to live forever in bliss and happiness. Really.

I would start taking harps lessons as soon as possible, if I were you.

Ciao

- viole

Akivah

how serious I am when I say that a life that I can have all to myself to enjoy and be happy in for all eternity (an eternal blissful life) is all that matters to me and is all that brings my life joy and meaning.

You have tremendous strength of will and I don't think you will ever die. Stop listening to the naysayers. They have no clue that you will never die. Start right now your eternal joy and happiness. Eternity starts today!

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
You call this greed. No, it is a completely different situation. This is not like a situation where I want some fancy car or mansion. This is me as a human being we're talking here. This is my own existence as a human being we are talking here. So for that to be tossed and forever thrown away as though I am just some biological process here to live and just remain dead in the end is the most demeaning thing. It is utterly demeaning of my personal value and worth as a human being. For anyone to not be driven to a psychotic rage by this like I am just shows how idiotic you really are. You are like a stupid happy person just taking life easy and enjoying this life you have. To even ask any dumbfounded questions such as how is eternal death demeaning of my value and worth just shows how idiotic you really are.

Reported for personal attacks.

This life isn’t meant to be cherished. It is meant to be destroyed. If anything or anyone messes with me and gives me problems, then they will be destroyed. Since this life has given me the greatest problem of all which is eternal death rather than what I absolutely need and solely value in life which is an eternal blissful life, then this life is more than worthy of being destroyed. Eternal death is the ultimate abomination and the ultimate sin against me. It is the ultimate insult, mockery, and demeaning of my personal value and worth as a human being since it is no different than saying to me:

“Here, you have this beautiful life to live for a while. But too bad, it is only here for a short time and I am going to put you forever in the grave. You are nothing more than a biological organism that will live and just forever be waste and decayed in the end. You are not an immortal soul. You are just here to live and forever die. You are nothing more than a mere biological process of life. Sure, you can do good deeds in this life and other important things. But you are still nothing more than a mere biological process of life that will just live and forever die one day.”

Anything or anyone that demeans my personal value and worth like this needs to be destroyed. Therefore, this life was better off having been destroyed to begin with. Me living in eternal bliss is the #1 thing to me in life. NEVER take this away from me. Anyone who does will be in serious trouble.

This is all I have and I cannot be happy and find meaning in my life without this. The idea of me forever dying is the worst thing to me that not only makes my life miserable and meaningless, but also induces a psychotic destructive rage since my importance as a human being is being demeaned by this very fact of life.

I absolutely cannot stand it when not only my feelings of happiness are taken away, but also me living forever happy. Me living forever happy is all that matters to me and anything or anyone that goes against this will be destroyed. I will become violent to show you just how serious I am when I say that a life that I can have all to myself to enjoy and be happy in for all eternity (an eternal blissful life) is all that matters to me and is all that brings my life joy and meaning.

Let me try to clear things up a bit. Yes death is part of life. Its the other half of the interchange cycle.
You have a generative force that creates the body, giving it life. Consider that like an inhaling breath.
Next you have a radiant force which is equal in potential to the generative. Consider this like an exhailing breath.
The inhale is the first half of the bodies life, birth to middle age. The exhale is the second half of life leading to death of the body.

Everything in the
I have lost my belief in the eternal blissful afterlife. So I no longer think that I will live that life which is the only life to me that brings me joy and meaning. This is what has driven me to a rage.

No worries, you will continue to pop in and out of this life until you achieve the balance you were sent here to achieve. You have all the time in the world ;)

Etritonakin

I have lost my belief in the eternal blissful afterlife. So I no longer think that I will live that life which is the only life to me that brings me joy and meaning. This is what has driven me to a rage.

Think about this.....

What you believe has changed, but the truth of the matter has not changed.

You once believed you would live forever -but you were apparently not certain, because something changed your mind.

Now you believe you will not live forever, but you should not be certain of that.

Only your beliefs have changed -you have not actually gained proof or even enough supporting evidence.

Consider what made you change your mind. Should it have made you change your mind? Sometimes when one thing is seen to be untrue, we falsely believe something else is untrue -when one really does not depend on the other.
Sometimes when we are disappointed or disillusioned, it means we need to understand things better.

It may be that you found something else to be not as you once believed, and it brought all of your beliefs into question -so think about what changed your mind.
You may be focusing on the wrong issue.

It would be best to realize that whether you live forever or not, what is right and what you should do is still the same.

Also realize that you are not certain you will not live forever, and that If you do, it will be by God's decision, so live in a way that is good and creates happiness.
Do not think of your own happiness. Love others and you will be happy.

It might help to consider the issue of eternal life on its own.

If you were only a biological process, you would not be considering such things.
You also have spiritual processes. You have a spiritual desire to survive just as you have a physical desire to survive.
We think about eternal life for a reason. We have hope for a reason.
There is a reason we live just long enough to gain basic experience.

Notice that other life forms do not have such concerns. They do not consider such things because they are not destined for the same future.

Everything about us and our situation points to the potential for, and likelihood of, eternal life. However, we cannot give ourselves eternal life.
If, therefore, the decision is not ours, then we should consider the one with the power to make that decision -and live as citizens of a perfect world and universe.

As written, If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.
Even if you did not live forever, everyone keeping the commandments would make the world a wonderful place...
.......but.....
None of us can be perfect the first time around -and that is why we have a temporary existence at first. Every last human mistake will be undone -those who are willing to do right will be resurrected to life, and others will be resurrected to judgment -which is toward making them willing to do right.

I'd suggest actually reading the bible. Few actually know what it says. Listening to many religious people just gets confusing.

Last edited:

Theweirdtophat

Sometimes I wonder if people here actually believe this or are just trolling.

Nevertheless, life IS meant to be cherished and protected. We all have a responsibility. Instead of whining about how the world is a dark and cruel place, make it a better place. The world is not a horrible place. There are horrible people in it, but MOST people, deep down are good. We all have our flaws, but most people want what others want. Which is to live in peace with their families, friends and loved ones.

We all have a part to play in this world. Help the innocent, protect nature and life, maintain the balance of life, stand up for what's right, even if it goes against the status quo. I live by it and am proud of it and always will be.

The Transcended Omniverse

Sometimes I wonder if people here actually believe this or are just trolling.

Nevertheless, life IS meant to be cherished and protected. We all have a responsibility. Instead of whining about how the world is a dark and cruel place, make it a better place. The world is not a horrible place. There are horrible people in it, but MOST people, deep down are good. We all have our flaws, but most people want what others want. Which is to live in peace with their families, friends and loved ones.

We all have a part to play in this world. Help the innocent, protect nature and life, maintain the balance of life, stand up for what's right, even if it goes against the status quo. I live by it and am proud of it and always will be.
I wouldn't be complaining if other things in my life brought me joy and meaning besides living forever in eternal bliss. But the fact of the matter is that they don't. It is only when I get to live forever in eternal bliss that I am happy, enjoying my life, and find meaning in this life.

Theweirdtophat

Life is a stage. A learning process. The soul is constantly learning. The afterlife will not be the end. Because we live as the soul progresses through life and we take on new forms. You're wanting joy to just walk on your doorstep. Life doesn't always work that way. People who have much less than you and me find happiness in life. They are not so focused on the afterlife. You focus too much on the afterlife, you become disconnected with the life you're living in now.

Last edited:

Life is a stage. A learning process. The soul is constantly learning. The afterlife will not be the end. Because we live as the soul progresses through life and we take on new forms. You're wanting joy to just walk on your doorstep. Life doesn't always work that way. People who have much less than you and mess find happiness in life. They are not so focused on the afterlife. You focus too much on the afterlife, you become disconnected with the life you're living in now.
The idea of me forever no longer existing is the worst horrible thing to me that prevents me from enjoying this life and finding meaning in this life no matter what I do and tell myself. I am a materialist and do not believe in the afterlife.

Theweirdtophat

That's probably the problem. Materialists are usually not the happiest bunch.

I am not here to say "Yes there is an afterlife and you must believe what I say" I already know there is an afterlife. Or really afterlives. Reincarnation has a part in it too. But you will probably not believe me unless you experience it yourself. That is the best way to get proof.

That's the thing. When you go onto the next stage, you don't cease to exist. Nobody stops existing. We change form. We cannot be destroyed anymore than matter can. I know there is magic, the afterlife, deities, reincarnation and so forth. It's up to you to find out yourself, like I did. I found out. I am happy.

ThirtyThree

It doesn't matter that the concept of eternal souls does not exist. You are still inferior to this concept anyway. It doesn't matter to me that you are not as strong as, for example, Superman who is a fictional character and it doesn't matter that you can't fly around like magical fairies. Not being these things is not in any way demeaning. But what does matter to me is a person. No human being should just forever be wasted away like they are nothing more than a biological process. That is the worst demeaning thing to me.

Why do you think we have religious beliefs out there which believe in the eternal soul? It is because they see human beings as eternal souls. Something more than mere biological processes. To them (and me as well) it would be utterly demeaning for us to just simply be biological processes that just live and forever die. For example, go and ask any religious believer what they would think if we were truly nothing more than biological processes that just live and forever die. They will tell you that this would be the worst thing and that it would be utterly demeaning of a human being's value and worth.

Please, do yourself a favor and stop using the term "forever die".

ThirtyThree

That's the thing. When you go onto the next stage, you don't cease to exist. Nobody stops existing. We change form. We cannot be destroyed anymore than matter can. I know there is magic, the afterlife, deities, reincarnation and so forth. It's up to you to find out yourself, like I did. I found out. I am happy.

That knowledge brought you happiness? It never did me.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
To me if there is such thing as an afterlife which I don't believe in, it would be full of boring people who had no idea how to live this one, the only one they will ever have.

I will also tell you another reason why the idea of me no longer existing forever when I die is so bad to me. I am not the self-sacrificing type of person. I am the extreme opposite of self-sacrificing. I am extremely self-preserving. So the idea that I have to forever be sacrificed in the end when I die really gets to me, devastates my life, and renders my life hellish and miserable.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I never attacked anyone.
Personal insults can be a form of attack and you did do that. You said "For anyone to not be driven to a psychotic rage by this like I am just shows how idiotic you really are. You are like a stupid happy person just taking life easy and enjoying this life you have. To even ask any dumbfounded questions such as how is eternal death demeaning of my value and worth just shows how idiotic you really are." You are saying that anyone who doesn't feel the way you do, anyone who even questions the way you feel, is stupid, idiotic. You had responded with that post directly to someone and, therefore, it was read as an attack.

I wouldn't be complaining if other things in my life brought me joy and meaning besides living forever in eternal bliss. But the fact of the matter is that they don't. It is only when I get to live forever in eternal bliss that I am happy, enjoying my life, and find meaning in this life.
If your life sucks and doesn't bring you happiness, change it then. Going all psychotic rage upon everything and everyone doesn't help anything does it? Getting mad doesn't make one happy and blissful. Whining and crying and ranting and raving about the hopelessness and unfairness of it all has never brought someone peace and happiness. So...take just a breather from the anger and think for a moment about what things in this world would make you happy. The thought of being eternal cannot be the only thing that has ever brought you a moment of happiness. Find what can make you happy. Cut out of your life what doesn't. Move on.

Personal insults can be a form of attack and you did do that. You said "For anyone to not be driven to a psychotic rage by this like I am just shows how idiotic you really are. You are like a stupid happy person just taking life easy and enjoying this life you have. To even ask any dumbfounded questions such as how is eternal death demeaning of my value and worth just shows how idiotic you really are." You are saying that anyone who doesn't feel the way you do, anyone who even questions the way you feel, is stupid, idiotic. You had responded with that post directly to someone and, therefore, it was read as an attack.

If your life sucks and doesn't bring you happiness, change it then. Going all psychotic rage upon everything and everyone doesn't help anything does it? Getting mad doesn't make one happy and blissful. Whining and crying and ranting and raving about the hopelessness and unfairness of it all has never brought someone peace and happiness. So...take just a breather from the anger and think for a moment about what things in this world would make you happy. The thought of being eternal cannot be the only thing that has ever brought you a moment of happiness. Find what can make you happy. Cut out of your life what doesn't. Move on.
You say just change my life. Like I said, no matter what I try and think, nothing changes. This is truly the only thing I have in life that brings my life meaning and I wouldn't be sitting here complaining if other things brought my life meaning and joy.