• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life is eternal

King Phenomenon

I believe I will see my loved ones again when a new earth flashes into existence. Rock on! I'd love to believe they go to heaven but I have big doubts about that. Heaven is earth!

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I believe I will see my loved ones again when a new earth flashes into existence. Rock on! I'd love to believe they go to heaven but I have big doubts about that. Heaven is earth!
I find that belief in an afterlife could be counterproductive in realizing that we should be enjoying and focusing on the here and now, in case there isn't an afterlife.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think it might be better to believe that wishful thinking becomes reality. Then you'll everything you could possibly want.

I doubt, however, that's how things work.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I find that belief in an afterlife could be counterproductive in realizing that we should be enjoying and focusing on the here and now, in case there isn't an afterlife.
Either way, we still die and the trauma of death isn't lessened. Death doesn't hurt any less - whether you're the dying or a loved one - just because you believe the soul goes on. Our lives here will still end, so nothing changes, really. Belief in an afterlife and focusing on here and now aren't mutually exclusive, anyway, if you view living a good, righteous life as the best preparation for eternity.

Last edited:

Bird123

You are right. We are all Eternal. On the other hand, Earth is no more than part of the journey to that Heavenly state.

When one reaches a certain level of Understanding, a time-based causal universe will no longer be needed. You will not want the restrictions of this physical universe.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Either way, we still die and the trauma of death isn't lessened. Death doesn't hurt any less - whether you're the dying or a loved one - just because you believe the soul goes on. Our lives here will still end, so nothing changes, really. Belief in an afterlife and focusing on here and now aren't mutually exclusive, anyway, if you view living a good, righteous life as the best preparation for eternity.
True, in the end it will always suck. But I am motivated by my fear of death to make this life as good as possible.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
When I found beliefs about eternal life and resurrection well founded in the Bible I was happy. Before that, I was -- confused. There are to be new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness is to be. Revelation 21:1-5. I suggest you read it, it doesn't take very long.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What do you think the new earth is?
How do you think the new earth is going to flash into existence?
I believe I will see my my loved one again in heaven.

Whoever believes that heaven is earth has not lived the kind of life I have lived.
Most of my life has been hell, with a few brief respites in between.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that we should be enjoying and focusing on the here and now. Although I believe there is an afterlife, I do not normally think about it unless the subject arises on the forum or unless someone close to me dies. :( Then I think about it a lot off and on.

RestlessSoul

True, in the end it will always suck. But I am motivated by my fear of death to make this life as good as possible.

Either death is the end, in which case it brings peace, or else we continue in some other form, in which case it isn’t the end.

Either way, I see nothing to fear, unless you mean the loss of loved ones? I agree that can be hard to bear, but it is the natural order of things; everything passes, nothing remains the same.

To anyone who is not comfortable with death, I heartily recommend this book, which helps me recognise the beauty in the transience of our lives…

7498DEA6-2F50-4EC4-9353-895002626DF1.jpeg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Simple. Physical bodies are mortal so physical life is not eternal.

So then, life is not eternal. The vehicle for life expires. One may be driving a car, but when the car breaks down and one exits the car, are they still driving?

Perhaps the OP meant something other than "life" being eternal.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So then, life is not eternal. The vehicle for life expires. One may be driving a car, but when the car breaks down and one exits the car, are they still driving?
The vehicle for physical life, which is the physical body, expires, because it is not eternal.
When one is driving a car and it breaks down they exit the car and they continue driving when they get another car to drive.

YoursTrue

What do you think the new earth is?
How do you think the new earth is going to flash into existence?
I believe I will see my my loved one again in heaven.

Whoever believes that heaven is earth has not lived the kind of life I have lived.
Most of my life has been hell, with a few brief respites in between.

It's kind of nice when you feel good, isn't it? And yes, the Bible does say most of our lives will be insisting on trouble. But not always. There's a reason for it. Psalm 90:10 says,
"The span of our life is 70 years,
Or 80 if one is especially strong.
But they are filled with trouble and sorrow;
They quickly pass by, and away we fly."
But there is hope. Expressed in part at Revelation 21:1-5, which I encourage you to read, it's brief.

YoursTrue

Perhaps the OP meant something other than "life" being eternal.
Life can be eternal, or everlasting. But it doesn't have to be.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's kind of nice when you feel good, isn't it? And yes, the Bible does say most of our lives will be insisting on trouble. But not always. There's a reason for it. Psalm 90:10 says,
"The span of our life is 70 years,
Or 80 if one is especially strong.
But they are filled with trouble and sorrow;
They quickly pass by, and away we fly."
"and away we fly." What do you think that means?
But there is hope. Expressed in part at Revelation 21:1-5, which I encourage you to read, it's brief.
Yes, I know what it says in Revelation 21:1-5, but I interpret those verses differently than you do.
I mean I have a different conception of what the new heaven and the new earth is.