• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life after death

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva, me and you are going to have to have some personal chats. You seem like your know your stuff when it comes to translating the Bible. People don't realize how many things have been misconstrued, misunderstood, and gotten plain wrong due to mistranslations. I know somewhere it says in the Bible that every jot and tittle is the word of God.

Someone must be pretty audacious to cut out the word of God lol.

Matt. 5:18 and Luke 16:17.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
However clued up a Biblical scholar is on the Biblical translations etc; they still have no idea as to whether the deity actually exists, as the proof is completely lacking.

Indeed, that is what I always say.

Green Kepi

‘There are many translations of the Bible. Our Society encourages the use of a variety of them in order to make comparisons and to help students to grasp the real sense of the Scriptures. As you may know, the Bible was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. So we appreciate what translators have done to put it into our language. Which Bible translation do you use?’

In my studies, I use 8 different ones. I too make comparisons, since we do not have any of the original writings or even any copies of the original writings....

cottage

Most of the arguments here for life after death are from faith alone, and indeed how could it be otherwise?

No person has yet come back from the dead to give us their experiences and to tell us what it is to not be alive. And it isn't really surprising since being dead they wouldn't know they were no longer alive! I believe I'm correct in saying not even Jesus knew he was dead; he only knew he had died and was resurrected. So if Jesus, the Son of Almighty God, had no awareness of his albeit temporary non-self then what sense are we to make of mere mortals that alude to an existence after their earthly demise?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Most of the arguments here for life after death are from faith alone, and indeed how could it be otherwise?

My arguments are not based on faith but evidence+reason.

No person has yet come back from the dead to give us their experiences and to tell us what it is to not be alive.

I disagree with this. My study of mediumistic experiences has lead me to the exact opposite opinion. We know quite a bit about what it’s like after so-called ‘death’. The best example of a medium providing us with this type of information is Leslie Flint.

In fact there’s a great website that summarizes much of the empirical evidence for life after death.

afterlife evidence

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are you sure the Bible "does not teach" that there is not an immortal soul and afterlife...? No offense meant...but - what Scriptures or thought process do you base your opinion on?

If Adam was created immortal then Adam would still be alive today.
All of Adam ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Gen. 3:19
A person can Not return to a place he never was before.
All of Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.

At death a person is Not conscious - Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11 vs 11-14
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can resurrect us. Jesus can and will. - Rev. 1:18
If we were already still alive ( or more alive after death ) then there would be No need for a resurrection.
If already alive at death there would be No need for the ' future tense ' used at Acts 24:15 that there ' will be ' a resurrection.
The few resurrections Jesus performed while on earth was a small preview or coming attraction of what Jesus will be doing on a grand global scale during Jesus' coming 1000-year governmental rule over earth when enemy death on earth will be brought to nothing.
- 1st Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Rev. 22:2

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If Adam was created immortal then Adam would still be alive today.
All of Adam ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Gen. 3:19
A person can Not return to a place he never was before.
All of Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.

At death a person is Not conscious - Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11 vs 11-14
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can resurrect us. Jesus can and will. - Rev. 1:18
If we were already still alive ( or more alive after death ) then there would be No need for a resurrection.
If already alive at death there would be No need for the ' future tense ' used at Acts 24:15 that there ' will be ' a resurrection.
The few resurrections Jesus performed while on earth was a small preview or coming attraction of what Jesus will be doing on a grand global scale during Jesus' coming 1000-year governmental rule over earth when enemy death on earth will be brought to nothing.
- 1st Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Rev. 22:2

Yep. It says all (good and bad) wait in Sheol until Final Judgment.

However, I personally see no reason to believe Jesus is their awaited Messiah.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Doctors perform resurrections routinely.