• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lies and Phony Caricatures of Christianity

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
this is a phony narrative, to smear Christianity by association with Hitler. It is a 'reductio ad Nazium' fallacy. But he esteemed islam much more, as a warrior ideology.
I am not a mindreader, and don't claim to know what Hitler truly believed. Frankly, I doubt that he much cared about theological issues at all, what he cared about was megalomaniac ambitions, for himself and Germany.
But what is undeniable is that his supporters were Christians. Germany was 90+% Christian, predominately Lutheran and Catholic. The folks invading Poland, operating the Holocaust, bombing London, etc. were overwhelmingly Christians.

Of that there is no doubt. And Hitler had supporters across Christendom, well including the USA. Hitler had a framed portrait of Henry Ford in his office.
Tom

usfan

Historians have used the bible as resource. But that's because the places in the bible are true, the holy land, etc etc , certain events people like Pontius Pilate and other places in the bible are real so the bible can be used in the way it describes certain places to find certain rivers that type of thing.

But it does not make the stories true. Its still a mythical story.
So, everything historical in the bible is true, except the parts you don't like? Is that it? How do you cherry pick the verified facts, from the believed myths? By what standard do you differentiate?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Sure, people can believe that, but it is a smear.. a dismissal to avoid the hard facts.
Nonsense.
There no hard facts about Jesus. Outside writings from years later, there's no evidence at all. Including the large amount of evidence that should exist if the legendary parts were true.

If you pick 'legend!', then all of the nt is a lie, Jesus never existed, the nt is a fabrication.
Nonsense.
I've virtually no doubt that Jesus existed. Preached and was executed for anti-Roman activities.
But I also have no doubt that Christianity is based on legends that grew during the years following His execution and has nothing to do with the hard facts.
Tom

usfan

There are mythical creatures in the bible does this not prove the bible as myth? Unicorns are in the bible.
Right.. :rolleyes:

Zeus was in it, too. And Capt America.. ;)

People sure believe funny things about the bible. Progressive Indoctrination goes all out to smear the competition!
:D

sooda

Veteran Member
If the bible is not historically accurate, the accounts lose credibility, and there are no facts for faith to rest on.

The Bible was never intended to be science or history. Its supposed to make you think.. The stories are myths, but the messages are important .. far more important than some silly children's story about a global flood.

usfan

I find it amazing how many people think that Jesus's Resurrection and Ascension are supported by "hard facts", but not speciation through mutations and natural selection.
o_O
Tom
There are other religious threads for those beliefs.. let's just deal with this one, here. ;)

usfan

The Bible was never intended to be science or history. Its supposed to make you think.. The stories are myths, but the messages are important .. far more important than some silly children's story about a global flood.
I'm glad you have everything figured out. I hope it makes you happy..

usfan

Bible archaeology is an outdated and skewed effort to use archaeology to "prove" the Bible. Archaeology has to stand on its own without prejudice.
:rolleyes:

Biblical archaeology is the root of archaeology. Just like textual criticism is a biblical scholar's work, and has been practiced for millennia.

Prejudice?

ROFL!!

the prejudice is from hostile, anti-bible activists, trying to dismiss centuries of facts, scholarship, and research, for some hostile, anti-christian theories, that have no basis.

..funny how progressives always flip things, and accuse others of what they do themselves..
:(

usfan

Nevertheless, my beliefs on this subject are based on evidence a good bit stronger than ancient legends and hearsay and personal experiences that are indistinguishable from delusion.
Tom
Everyone has to do their own believing, and their own dying..
:shrug:

Wandering Monk

:rolleyes:

Biblical archaeology is the root of archaeology. Just like textual criticism is a biblical scholar's work, and has been practiced for millennia.

Prejudice?

ROFL!!

the prejudice is from hostile, anti-bible activists, trying to dismiss centuries of facts, scholarship, and research, for some hostile, anti-christian theories, that have no basis.

..funny how progressives always flip things, and accuse others of what they do themselves..
:(

Where is the archaeological evidence for the Exodus? There ought to be 2.5 million or so Jewish graves in the wilderness over there somewhere, all who died withing 40 years of each other. Should be a snap, right?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The 'Founder' of Christianity is Christ. You didn't know that? Did you believe it was Jimmy Swaggart, or maybe Hitler? ;)
Jesus was born a Jew and died as Jew, he had nothing to do with Christianity.
Paul was the founder of the modern-Christianity, a myth created in the name of "Christ" a pagan symbol. Right, please?

Regards