• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

License Plates Banned In Californiastan

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Which brings up a question that has always bugged me: why do Americans say "tunafish?" We certainly don't in Canada...it's tuna. Just like bass, trout, flounder and sole. Nobody says bassfish, troutfish, flounderfish or solefish, so why tunafish?

It's probably similar to when people say "PIN number." "PIN" = Personal Identification Number, so they're saying "Personal Identification Number Number."

Same for "ATM machines."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's probably similar to when people say "PIN number." "PIN" = Personal Identification Number, so they're saying "Personal Identification Number Number."

Same for "ATM machines."
Another is "REA Express", which is "Railway Express Agency Express".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not just alpha, a Silverback! With red hair!
You have a pretty low bar for a definition of alpha male. Marshal Mathers (Eminem/Slim Shady) is an entertainer, and he's way more alpha male than Trump can even dream of. The Hell's Angels makes for a pretty good standard since you seem to be in need of help when it comes to defining an alpha male.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You have a pretty low bar for a definition of alpha male. Marshal Mathers (Eminem/Slim Shady) is an entertainer, and he's way more alpha male than Trump can even dream of. The Hell's Angels makes for a pretty good standard since you seem to be in need of help when it comes to defining an alpha male.
Mick Jagger had the Hells Angels pull security at one of his concerts back in the day in exchange for free beer.

Going forward in time a little bit....

Free speech policed by Bikers For Trump. What could go wrong? | Peter Bradshaw

Oh the alpha male is still alive and well.

Expect more of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Mick Jagger had the Hells Angels pull security at one of his concerts back in the day in exchange for free beer.

Going forward in time a little bit....

Free speech policed by Bikers For Trump. What could go wrong? | Peter Bradshaw

Oh the alpha male is still alive and well.

Expect more of it.
I'd put money on it Trump would be too scared to back out of a deal and screw of the Angels like he regularly did with business partners. They don't negotiate through lawyers.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'd put money on it Trump would be too scared to back out of a deal and screw of the Angels like he regularly did with business partners. They don't negotiate through lawyers.
Naw just use the Outlaws. They hate each others guts.

You should have seen the battle they had in the 80s by the Raceway not far from where I live.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, @lewisnotmiller.....
Here's a good one that wasn't banned....
R.a52451fb0734858afe7f798ad797516b

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm so naive.
When I found the article, I never expected
that posting it would be seen as political.

I'm so naive I had to read the explanation to get most of them, a few still baffle me after reading the explanation.