• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberty

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You can say "****", "****" and "***" in most German media without it being censored.
But pixelized blood on the otherhand...
johnny-cage-mk1-head-decapitation-fatality.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm just trying to forge my own way in this mystery we call existence. My lifetime of experiences are all I have to work with.
You're free to believe in a libertarian god, but that requires rejecting how god's perceived and portrayed by the bible. You don't need dead goat herders to be the middlemen of your faith.

exchemist

Veteran Member
But you should always ask yourself if you are imposing on others needlessly. There are even predominantly left-wing authoritarian cities in America that ban smoking in public altogether... Please explain why I can't smoke on a sidewalk when there's nobody around?

...It's authoritarian. left-wing authoritarianism.
Whereas, presumably, these right-wing state that have restricted abortion are, er, not being authoritarian.
These are the 11 conservative states that have passed strict anti-abortion laws this year

exchemist

Veteran Member
abortion is an exceptionally complicated issue. all I can say, is that if you support a woman's right to choose, then you can no longer call yourself an advocate of human rights.
So not authoritarian at all, then, to restrict it?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Say what? Source?

"Recent incidents of police brutality against Black Americans have forced our nation to confront racism and injustice in its many forms.

As we continue to push to protect Black lives, we must put an end to one of the most pernicious destroyers of Black health and lives: deadly menthol cigarettes and the tobacco industry’s decades-long targeted marketing to our kids and communities.

Big Tobacco’s greedy and ruthless strategy has worked all too well. In the 1950s, fewer than 10 percent of African Americans who smoked used menthol cigarettes. It didn’t take long for tobacco executives to see that young Black Americans preferred candy-like menthol over traditional tobacco flavor."

SB 793

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/op-ed/article244221177.html

Menthol and Black Communities

California Bans Menthol Cigarettes

Cooky

Veteran Member
The American left needs to stop following in the footsteps of western Europe... For obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"Recent incidents of police brutality against Black Americans have forced our nation to confront racism and injustice in its many forms.

As we continue to push to protect Black lives, we must put an end to one of the most pernicious destroyers of Black health and lives: deadly menthol cigarettes and the tobacco industry’s decades-long targeted marketing to our kids and communities.

Big Tobacco’s greedy and ruthless strategy has worked all too well. In the 1950s, fewer than 10 percent of African Americans who smoked used menthol cigarettes. It didn’t take long for tobacco executives to see that young Black Americans preferred candy-like menthol over traditional tobacco flavor."

SB 793

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/op-ed/article244221177.html

Menthol and Black Communities

California Bans Menthol Cigarettes
Perhaps they should urge their own community to kick the habit. Wouldn't that be more empowering to solve it from within?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Perhaps they should urge their own community to kick the habit. Wouldn't that be more empowering to solve it from within?

If you look closely, you'll notice the trend towards authoritarianism creeping up. And it’s coming from the left now.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Eh? What does that have to do with my questions?

Nothing. it's from my posts, back at page 1, and starting at post 5.

But if you look closely, you'll see how the American left follows Europe like a lost puppy dog. From video games to the language used in talking points, it's all too obvious.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm hard left myself, and just as hard libertarian.
You have hidden that very well.
What do you consider liberty?
First the liberty to elect my representatives.
A right that isn't very high on list in US politics. Especially the right but also the conservative democrats are trying hard to restrict that privilege even further.
We don't have voter rolls from which my name can be purged.
Our elections are on Sundays.
I've never heard that someone had to wait longer than half an hour.
Only in very rare cases for very heinous crimes can the right to vote be taken away from someone. I.e. inmates retain their right to vote.
We don't have such a thing as Gerrymandering.
Nobody would seriously try to imply that our elections can be rigged.

Do you like our European liberty?
What is one of your hard left liberty concerns that is more endangered by "the left" than the republicans?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you look closely, you'll notice the trend towards authoritarianism creeping up. And it’s coming from the left now.
Nevermind Trump's constant attempts throughout his term to undermine and circumvent anything that restricted overreach, and ignore his current attempt to defy the democratic process.
It's scary and disheartening to know that almost half of Americans would celebrate tyranny as long as it was their ideological beliefs in power.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Nevermind Trump's constant attempts throughout his term to undermine and circumvent anything that restricted overreach, and ignore his current attempt to defy the democratic process.
It's scary and disheartening to know that almost half of Americans would celebrate tyranny as long as it was their ideological beliefs in power.

bro, you're just following European talking points. In Europe, dictators always rise from the right, because the right there is pro-big government... That's why they don't understand that our right is the total opposite -- our right is for limited government. It just can't make sense that a dictator would rise from the right here. It could only be the left in this environment.

...They don't seem to comprehend that, which is why they mistakenly accuse Trump of authoritarianism and call him a dictator, because that's what makes sense in their world.

it's fear mongering saying that Trump is defying the democratic process when all he's trying to do is get an accurate count of votes. Seriously, the Europeans have infected the American left with nonsense.