• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Libertarians and the Mainline U.S. Canidates.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I would prefer out of the current candidates, the man whom I disagree with on most policies but whom I think has his heart in the right place: Bernie Sanders.

As opposed to the candidate loyal to the donor (Hillary Clinton), the honest psychopath (Donald Trump), or the slightly less insane Trump (Ted Cruz).

vaguelyhumanoid

Seriously? How do you think Bernie will confiscate wealth to redistribute it? Do you think that hard working people are simply going to hand over their money? Don't you think he'll have use governmental power to accomplish his agenda (massively I might add)?

Yes, taxation is coercive/violent. But there is no two-party candidate who opposes taxes. Every candidate wants to increase the scope of government, but state-sponsored tuition etc. is a way less authoritarian use of state funds than "a big, beautiful wall" or more "humanitarian" coups.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Fellow libertarians if you had to vote for a U.S. 2016 republican presidential candidate who would you vote for?

Fellow libertarians if you had to vote for a U.S. 2016 democrat presidential candidate who would you vote for?

None that are running in this election, unfortunately. The further we move along, the more disgusted I am with all of them. Trump and Hillary equally suck.