• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Libertarianism for a Beginner... (Libertarians Only)

Laika

Premium Member
Hey.

I have decided that as an alternative continuing along the path to totalitarianism I should at least try out Libertarianism as the risks involved are far lower. I am a bit of an intellectual car crash but I have nothing left to lose by trying. At this point it feels like fighting the laws of gravity as that is what I have been more or less taught by Historical Materialism for nearly a decade. Its painful but as far as I can tell, necessary.

I'm guessing there is a need for small steps as I learn to break out of habitual thought patterns. If you have any advice from a "recovering" Communist looking to depart from it more permanantly, it would be very welcome. Not sure what to say or if this will last and just feeling pretty speechless, but I at least want to say hi. Hopefully it will get easier with time and I will be happier for it. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I notice you capitalized "Libartarianism".
Does this mean you favor the flavor associated with the Libertarian Party?

I can't think of much useful advice, except....
- Get used to being in the minority.
- There will be some hostility from the left.
- You will become physically more attractive. Deal with it.

Laika

Premium Member

1. Yeah- pretty used to that. This minority is a lot bigger than I am used to.
2. I'll see if I survive the self-loathing first. Lapping it up as I turn into Gordon Gekko comes later.
3. Perfect. :D

(I am unaware if left-libertarians are permitted in this DIR, if not I will delete)

Something tells me Laika is used to it :D

Earned you a frubal!

Left libertarians are allowed. ;)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Your penis will actually become 2-3" larger if you become a Libertarian. However, you will have to suck up the fact that sometimes the Democrats are doing your business, and sometimes the Republicans are. :D

13332878_10154225572277726_7126179646915676402_n.jpg

Milton Platt

Wow.....I have never voted for a Libertarian candidate, and yet, from your list, It appears that I am almost a Libertarian. Except, perhaps for the physical attractiveness part. I'll work on that one.

Milton Platt

It will come when you join.

So what you are telling me is that all those expensive spa treatments were a waste of time and money.....all I had to do was become a libertarian. Well, maybe the nude oriental chick in the spiked heels was worth it, at least.