• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals: Can Obama pull off a campaign with no smear tactics?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Liberals: Can Obama pull off a campaign with no smear tactics?

Looking down from above the 49th, it seems neither side has been immune to them in prior campaigns.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I don't think so. American voters overwhelmingly respond very effectively to negative campaigning, even as they condemn it. The way to do it, therefore, is to engage in it in ways that can never be traced to the candidate his or her self. Hence, the "527" was created (like that Swiftboat Veterans group), acting on behalf of the candidate and undoubtedly with his/her campaign's unofficial involvement and support, but always with a level of plausible denial.

Crosis

Every year everybody runs smear adds and nobody seems to say if they both smear eachother than how are you to know who to vote for if they all corrupt,lie,steal. are their any hounest polititions out there i think not. we need a new system.