• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals are intolerant of opposing views and opinions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I suppose there's only one way to find out......

Why Liberals Aren’t as Tolerant as They Think

I don't see much tolerance in liberalism at all made towards people who hold opposing opinions and criticisms.

Liberals, you are just not as tolerant as you may think you are. A lot of your ideologies do not reflect your real-world behaviors and have a hard time accepting any criticism directed towards liberalism and the Democrat Party in general. But you can sure dish it out in volume.

Am I right or wrong about this?

Twilight Hue

Sure. There's intolerant people in all ideologies.

Personally I think it's more one-sided at late with liberals being more aggressively intolerant then conservatives are. I don't think liberals practice what they preach about fairness and free opinion and expression over ideologies that go against any liberal mindset.

Liberals in my opinion just don't want to hear it, and would rather remove strong opposing opinions and views out of sight then face issues head on through whatever means, including use of censorship, both in private and public media.

I see it happening more and more and it's getting more prevalent and noticible like Google, YouTube, and throughout various internet forums like this one, amongst other forms of media.

That's how it's been looking to me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Personally I think it's more one-sided at late with liberals being more aggressively intolerant then conservatives are. I don't think liberals practice what they preach about fairness and free opinion and expression over ideologies that go against any liberal mindset.

Liberals in my opinion just don't want to hear it, and would rather remove strong opposing opinions and views out of sight then face issues head on through whatever means, including use of censorship, both in private and public media.

I see it happening more and more and it's getting more prevalent and noticible like Google, YouTube, and throughout various internet forums like this one, amongst other forms of media.

I do see it in this forum. We can't even have a Nationalist Only board because of it. :(

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
NO TRUE LIBERALS!

Seriously, though, movements and ideologies have a disturbing tendency toward schism, and supporters aren't always psychological "liberals." Some even have authoritarian tendancies'
They're impediments.

By and large, liberals are still more tolerant, more pro-social, more cosmopolitan, more progressive, less insular and novelty-averse than conservatives.

Twilight Hue

NO TRUE LIBERALS!

Seriously, though, movements and ideologies have a disturbing tendency toward schism, and supporters aren't always psychological "liberals." Some even have authoritarian tendancies'
They're impediments.

By and large, liberals are still more tolerant, more pro-social, more cosmopolitan, more progressive, less insular and novelty-averse than conservatives.

Taken from Pew research website regarding SNS for example....

Liberals are the most likely to have taken each of these steps to block, unfriend, or hide. In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates.

EB95E9EE80CE4C28A925D155DD32B126.jpg

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that, just today, you've called liberals immature while simultaneously calling them crybabies, that you be called them intolerant while trying to tell them to shut up, and that you seem to think trolling prevention is censorship.
So basically Tuesday for mods.

idav

Being
Premium Member

Do you mean progressives? They are the ones marching Berkeley due to whatever civil rights issues they seem to see.

Twilight Hue

I think that, just today, you've called liberals immature while simultaneously calling them crybabies, that you be called them intolerant while trying to tell them to shut up, and that you seem to think trolling prevention is censorship.
So basically Tuesday for mods.
And the rampant Trump spamming, bad mouthing a sitting president is somehow different and remains accessible without hindrance?

It seems turnabout just isnt fair play ?

Twilight Hue

Taken from Pew research website regarding SNS for example....

Liberals are the most likely to have taken each of these steps to block, unfriend, or hide. In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates.

EB95E9EE80CE4C28A925D155DD32B126.jpg

Source

Main findings

idav

Being
Premium Member
And the rampant Trump spamming, bad mouthing a sitting president is somehow different and remains accessible without hindrance?

The difference is I don't see conservatives being called out and bad mouthed. Politicians are fair play.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Nevermind that conservatives badmouthed Obama his entire presidency and we didn't stop them, plenty of conservatives also think Trump is a liar and an idiot. It's not just democrats. Trump bashing is hardly a partisan issue.
But if someone says all conservatives are racist, homophobic, whiners etc please let us know. Because we have indeed knocked that out. It concerns actual members, not public figures.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

The difference is I don't see conservatives being called out and bad mouthed. Politicians are fair play.

Liberal rant threads are aplenty against conservatism. I only posted a small number, and some strong opinion pieces made in opposition to liberalism which doesn't seem to be well received here.

A good number also by @esmith who himself has endured quite a backlash at times whenever conservative topics crop up.

Twilight Hue

Nevermind that conservatives badmouthed Obama his entire presidency and we didn't stop them, plenty of conservatives also think Trump is a liar and an idiot. It's not just democrats. Trump bashing is hardly a partisan issue.
But if someone says all conservatives are racist, homophobic, whiners etc please let us know. Because we have indeed knocked that out. It concerns actual members, not public figures.

I've never finger pointed an individual just the political party and its ideologies based on events and opinions by other people.

This is an older one but it may have slipped through the cracks...

Prejudiced, Conservative People Probably Stupid, Says Science

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
From my online experience, the only time a liberal is intolerant of a conservative is when that conservative is intolerant of humanity to the point of denying rights to others.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never finger pointed an individual just the political party and its ideologies based on events and opinions by other people.

This is an older one but it may have slipped through the cracks...

Prejudiced, Conservative People Probably Stupid, Says Science
'Why are liberals crybabies is no more acceptable than 'why are conservatives crybabies.' I wasn't on staff when that thread was made, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's why that user was banned.

Twilight Hue

From my online experience, the only time a liberal is intolerant of a conservative is when that conservative is intolerant of humanity to the point of denying rights to others.
That seems to hold true across the aisle as well.

New York clearly a blue state, is officially listed as the number one state with the least personal and economic freedoms for its citizenry. I think California is closer on par with that. Another blue state.

I do concede though that conservatives as well have done things that I don't agree with, the Patriot Act for example as it applies to US citizens.