• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal TV and Radio shows?

GPV

Are they out there? So far only Joel Osteen & NPR's "Speaking of Faith" have been recommended to me.

What about liberal ministers who "podcast" sermons on the web?

I am very much interested in finding these resources for myself and my site.

Also, would you consider contacting Sirius and XM radio? They have politically left, right, and moderate talk stations so they might consider doing so religiously. (I made of point of explaining that the bulk of what is out there for Christian broadcasting doesn't speak to theologically liberal folks.)

Thanks!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
"Speaking of Faith" is the only one I know of/listen to. If you find out some others, please share them with us. I'd love to know of other resources! :bounce

I love your website, btw.

GPV

I found some that at first glance look like they might fit the bill. I also found some that might be on the more conservative end of things. Go ahead and check them out. Let me know if any of them seem glaringly wrong for the site? :)

XM radio has a good show that's loosely Bible-based but still modern and in touch with day-to-day issues, called Family Talk. not sure what the other radio options are though....hope that helps a little!

anybody know of others?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
nutshell said:
Liberal-minister???

Isn't that an oxymoron? :p
Hehee, I've known a few in my time, from the slighty left to the 'commie scum' types. They've left powerful impressions on me, regarding religion's relationship to social issues.

Since we don't get Air America here, I don't know if that's suitable listening material, if one is looking for the spiritual component.