• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal Only - 2024

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Question #1: Do you think Biden will be the nominee?

Question #2: If that happens can you find any way to reassure me that this is a smart decision?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

Question #2: If that happens can you find any way to reassure me that this is a smart decision?
I don't know if he will be nominee. But as for smart decision...

My politics have been vote based on which candidate will not want to take away most my rights. And so far the republican party has been adamant folk like me shouldn't exist. In comparison to who the possible republican candidate would be id vote for biden over them.

It's not that i like Biden. Im far more left. But i have to vote based which is safer.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Oh and a lot of decisions republicans have been making could kill disabled folk. But thats typical. Disabled folk are ignored by both parties.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

No idea

uestion #2: If that happens can you find any way to reassure me that this is a smart decision?

How about this:

Biden has revived democratic capitalism – and changed the economic paradigm

t has taken one of the oldest presidents in American history, who has been in politics for over half a century, to return the nation to an economic paradigm that dominated public life between 1933 and 1980, and is far superior to the one that has dominated it since.

Call it democratic capitalism.
Democratic and Republican administrations enlarged and extended democratic capitalism. Wall Street was regulated, as were television networks, airlines, railroads and other common carriers. CEO pay was modest. Taxes on the highest earners financed public investments in infrastructure (such as the national highway system) and higher education.

America’s postwar industrial policy spurred innovation. The Department of Defense developed satellite communications, container ships and the internet. The National Institutes of Health did trailblazing basic research in biochemistry, DNA and infectious diseases.

Public spending rose during economic downturns to encourage hiring. Even Richard Nixon admitted “we’re all Keynesians”. Antitrust enforcers broke up AT&T and other monopolies. Small businesses were protected from giant chain stores. By the 1960s, a third of all private-sector workers were unionized.

Large corporations sought to be responsive to all their stakeholders – not just shareholders but employees, consumers, the communities where they produced goods and services, and the nation as a whole.

Then came a giant U-turn.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How about this:

That's a really great article, thanks.

Reich might be overstating things a bit, but maybe not. If he's not overstating, then it seems to me that the Biden administration is hiding its light under a bucket far too much!!!

PureX

Veteran Member

As always, the choice is bad or worse.

Young democrats do not like Biden. And if they don't get out and vote, the dems will lose. But the party will run Biden because it is a fundamentally Conservative party. And Biden is fundamentally a conservative.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Yes, unless he doesn't run. If he wants it, the nomination is his.

Furthermore, he'd likely beat any Republican contender even in a normal year, but this time, the Republicans have to contend with Trump. Trump is less popular now that he was when he lost to Biden in 2020 and so would likely lose to Biden again, but still would likely still siphon off a large fraction of Republican votes even if he's defeated in the primaries and even if he doesn't run as a third party candidate. He might get 10-20% of votes even if dead or in prison.

Why not? He's had a very successful presidency when he had the cooperation of both houses of Congress. If the voters can give him that again, he ought to be a fine second term president assuming he remains healthy. If the Democrats retain the White House in 2024 and Republicans control either house as is the case now, it probably won't matter much which Democrat is president.

JIMMY12345

Yes.He suffers from the same problem as Trump and Putin. Surrounded by "Yes" men who want a slice of the pie and tell them that they are Gods chosen.