• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal news media was so COMPLETELY wrong about #Brexit so why trust them about Trump?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I think it stands to reason that this is the next logical question in many people's minds...

Never mind the backfire effect.... lol

Mindmaster

Premium Member
How were they wrong? And which "liberal media" are you referring to? Personally, I read a wide variety of news sources and make up my own. It's apparent to me that Trump is a complete waste of life. Total garbage.

I know why you say what you say, and I can't get into it without breaking rules here. (Such questionable rules they may be) But, your bias is apparent. Most people who are urban areas vote Democrat whether or not it screws them. It never makes sense to me. Democrats profit personally by exploiting the poor, and that's it. They claim that the Republican's represent the rich, but of course, this commentary is always false. I think it's funny that Democrats never have to prove anything they say. Well, now you do. Nothing Trump is doing, or has done has been on the scale of ONE of Hillary's scandals.

No one is better off after eight years of Obama other than rich people (who 97% of his policies benefit) and you are being screwed. For a people's candidate, he is sure giving you all the shaft. I used to support Democrats, but they have become more about keeping the establishment and benefiting crooks than anyone else. The biggest crook on the planet is Hillary Rodham Clinton, bottom line. Obama thinks he is a king. If you want more of this your loyalties to this country and everyone in it are already in question.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I know why you say what you say, and I can't get into it without breaking rules here. (Such questionable rules they may be)
Oh, really? Tell me why you think so, without breaking the rules. Let's hear it.
But, your bias is apparent.
Of course I'm biased. Duh. The Political Compass test places me as far left as you can go and that makes me proud. I'm a communist.
Most people who are urban areas vote Democrat whether or not it screws them. It never makes sense to me.
I can't think of how I've been screwed by a Democrat. I have health insurance thanks to Obama.
Democrats profit personally by exploiting the poor, and that's it.
How do they "exploit" the poor? Since when have modern Republicans done anything for the poor?
They claim that the Republican's represent the rich, but of course, this commentary is always false.
Of course they do. You have no room to act like you care about the poor at all since you're going to vote for a narcissistic billionaire and have been spewing ridiculous Rand-ite nonsense lately.
I think it's funny that Democrats never have to prove anything they say.
Since when?
Well, now you do. Nothing Trump is doing, or has done has been on the scale of ONE of Hillary's scandals.
Let's see...raping his ex-wife, making perverted comments about his daughter, being racist, hating Muslims and support for illegal discrimination against them, showing a deep hatred of women, his giant ego that can't bear criticism, his childish lashing out at people who are simply asking questions, his insulting of the handicapped, the violence he encourages at his neo-fascist rallies, etc. He is just the face of the rise of neo-fascism in the US, same as how it is rising in Europe.

No one is better off after eight years of Obama other than rich people (who 97% of his policies benefit) and you are being screwed. For a people's candidate. the is sure giving you all the shaft. I used to support Democrats, but they have become more about keeping the establishment and benefiting crooks than anyone else. The biggest crook on the planet is Hillary Rodham Clinton, bottom line. Obama thinks he is a king. If you want more of this your loyalties to this country and everyone in it are already in question.
Like I said, I have health insurance thanks to Obama. LGBT rights have expanded greatly under him, as well. He's also not as quick to go to war as most Republicans are. He's okay in my book. I don't regret voting for him twice, although I would rather have voted for Cynthia McKinney in 2012.

I have no loyalty to any country in particular, least of all this one. Most days, I hate America. I'm anti-nationalist. Going to execute me now?

No-borders-no-nations-no-flags-no-patriots.jpg

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Oh, really? Tell me why you think so, without breaking the rules. Let's here it.

Of course I'm biased. Duh.

I can't think of how I've been screwed by a Democrat. I have health insurance thanks to Obama.

How do they "exploit" the poor? Since when have modern Republicans done anything for the poor?

Of course they do.

Since when?

Let's see...raping his ex-wife, making perverted comments about his daughter, being racist, hating Muslims and support for illegal discrimination against them, showing a deep hatred of women, his giant ego that can't bear criticism, his childish lashing out at people who are simply asking questions, his insulting of the handicapped, the violence he encourages at his neo-fascist rallies, etc. He is just the face of the rise of neo-fascism in the US, same as how it is rising in Europe.

Like I said, I have health insurance thanks to Obama. LGBT rights have expanded greatly under him, as well. He's also not as quick to go to war as most Republicans are. He's okay in my book. I don't regret voting for him twice, although I would rather have voted for Cynthia McKinney in 2012.

I have no loyalty to any country in particular, least of all this one. Most days, I hate America. I'm anti-nationalist. Going to execute me now?

Hillary Clinton hasn't given a single unscripted bit of video or interview since December. She won't even let people ask her questions. The leaked DNC documents are about how to distract people away from her scandals... How about no scandals in the first place?

Fascism is thrown around all day, so I don't buy it. The only totalitarian is Obama, who effectively has said, "I don't care what the rule of law is, I'm doing what I want." Well, that isn't his job. The changes he's made are not all bad, but they're going to get stricken down just for his perception of being an overlord. As far as the LGBT community, Obama has done nothing but take credit for other people's work. I find it insulting to those people personally. He's done nothing but say a few words so people throw a bit more money at him. That is ALL he's done.

And yes, many people have no loyalty to this country, but not without reason. This country hasn't been loyal to you, sure you get a few cookies to shut you up but has your life drastically improved? That's my argument against Clinton, my sole argument. More of Obama isn't good for the country. Anyway, this is just shifting the posts -- Trump's personal life is his business. He wants to fight with his women, or whatever that's their problem to figure out. I can't find any credible source for backing up your rape claims so it's just rhetoric as usual. When you want to make sense, let me know and we'll have a discussion.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Actually the liberal UK news media was predicting the Brexit would pass right up to a week before the vote when they said remain had a 2 % edge after the Labour MP was assassinated by the neo nazi guy. Trump is losing by up to 14% points, there are no comparisons between the two. Only wishful thinking from Trump's neo fascist supporters.

Altfish

Veteran Member
"Liberal news media" in the UK was following the opinion polls, "Conservative news media" was telling the same story.
The polls in the last fortnight swung to Leave; towards the end there was a swing back towards Remain but it was at best 'too close to call'.
I think the people who got it wrong were the City, the money men, they had gambled on Remain and lost. They also gambled heavily on Remain at the bookies, there were odds of 7/1 on Leave the day before.

So, I don't think the Liberal Media had anything to do with it in the UK

Mindmaster

Premium Member
"Liberal news media" in the UK was following the opinion polls, "Conservative news media" was telling the same story.
The polls in the last fortnight swung to Leave; towards the end there was a swing back towards Remain but it was at best 'too close to call'.
I think the people who got it wrong were the City, the money men, they had gambled on Remain and lost. They also gambled heavily on Remain at the bookies, there were odds of 7/1 on Leave the day before.

So, I don't think the Liberal Media had anything to do with it in the UK

They were betting at the bookies? :D

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
They were betting at the bookies? :D

Of course they were People always do.
Interestingly Far more money was placed on remain. but an even greater number of bets were placed on leave ( but smaller)
When it comes to a yes or no vote, the relative numbers of bets should have told people something.
In that respect the bookies got it right... they made lots of money....

tytlyf

Not Religious
The only people who say "liberal news media" are conservatives that are told that by their media. Most media is moderate, that's called journalism and professionalism. Then you have far right-wing outlets which are extremely biased duping people into believing falsehoods.

Lyndon

Premium Member
There is a true "liberal news media" but its not the mainstream media that is being labeled that by conservatives.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
It's called "liberal media" when 90% of the poop flinging is toward one candidate despite the fact that a certain woman has about 1000 more scandals to her name. :) We can play word chop-chop all day, but unbiased... That's just a joke.

Actually, I challenge you to find ANY negative information on Clinton on those sources. :p

Lyndon

Premium Member
No its called responsible journalism when media point out how many ways Trump is a fraud, they also don't give Hillary much breathing room as she has her share of problems too, just not as many as Trump, unless you're pro fascism and then Trump can do no wrong.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It's called "liberal media" when 90% of the poop flinging is toward one candidate despite the fact that a certain woman has about 1000 more scandals to her name. :) We can play word chop-chop all day, but unbiased... That's just a joke.

Actually, I challenge you to find ANY negative information on Clinton on those sources. :p
Try The Young Turks website, as liberal as they get. They spend 50% of their time damning Clinton

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The only people who say "liberal news media" are conservatives that are told that by their media. Most media is moderate, that's called journalism and professionalism. Then you have far right-wing outlets which are extremely biased duping people into believing falsehoods.
The flip side of this argument is that the liberal media tell us there is no liberal bias.
I've actually heard this overtly claimed on NPR (eg, Diane Rehm Show).
Moreover, they even claim during pledge drives that they are the singular neutral & objective source, & that no other is needed.
Granted, this is over the top advertising puffery, but it seems they really believe it.
So could it be that you deny the liberal bias solely because these same people are telling you so?
Echo chambers, be they left, right or other, are disorienting & corrupting influences.
(Note that I largely avoid libertarian publications, eg, Cato.)

Just yesterday, NPR had a long talk with a pro-gun anti-NRA fellow.
The NPR commentator suggested the NRA might assassinate him for such views.
This is not news....this is outright propaganda.
Is it intentional?
I don't know.
It could very well be that when surrounded by like minded folk, they just naturally amp themselves up, extremifying their positions.

Last edited: