• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal Christians: If everyone gets into heaven just cause, will REAL Christians enjoy more?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
.In other words God wanted only certain people to understand so He gave them the ability to understand but not other people. It was God's choice.
God wanted things this way?
He didn't want me, or anyone else I know, to understand Scripture?

Maybe the problem is the people who wrote the New Testament couldn't explain what Jesus actually meant. Being the fallible, scientifically and ethically primitive, people that they were.
Tom

Kelly of the Phoenix

Doesn't that contradict the parable of the Vineyard Owner, paying everybody what he wanted, regardless of when they joined the workers?
Tom
It does, just as the parable of the Prodigal Son doesn't fit with the Good Shepherd. Jesus was either really inconsistent or a flat out hypocrite. It's almost like the parables are inserts to justify the biases of the author or something.

That's why I believe judging the tree by its fruit should be put up there with the Golden Rule (the Gold-Plated Rule?): some parables, if followed, will make you a horrible human being. If a parable causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. :)

Faithofchristian

Actually no one knows actually who will and who will not get into heaven until after the Tribulation.
But of course you're going to have those Christians, who think for some reason or another, that they are such goody two shoes.
This why the Tribulation will come upon those like a thief in the night.
They will not even know their in the Tribulation.
For those christians, they don't know where exactly where they are standing in the book of Revelation, As far as the seals and Trump's and Vails go.

But yet, christians will tell you, we're going to be Raptured out, But yet, by the time the Rapture is to happen, The Tribulation is over,ended. So what good is the Rapture going to do, Seeing by the time their so called Rapture is to happen the Tribulation is over, Ended.

Seeing According to what Christ Jesus has given in the book of Revelation, Christ Jesus can not return until the 7th trump is sounded, which brings the Tribulation to it's end.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Actually no one knows actually who will and who will not get into heaven until after the Tribulation.
Unfortunately, this is true.
One might expect Omnimax God to be more clear on such an important subject. But instead what we've got is a batch of competing Prophets, all claiming to be God's spokespersons to Mankind.
I have no idea how to sort them out, I figure they're all making it up as they go along. If God wants me to believe something in particular, He knows where to reach me.
Tom

Faithofchristian

Nobody has an automatic ticket to Heaven. Not even those who dedicate their lives to serve. If someone dedicated their life to serving then they did it out of love for Him. If someone dedicates their life for any other reason, they did it for the wrong reason imo. Ultimately God has the final say for that, not us.

Your absolutely right about that.

You have Christians, for some reason or another, seem to think they have that automatic ticket. But what they don't realize, they have to pass thru the tribultion first.
But if you listen to them, They think that they are going to be Raptured out before the Tribulation.
But this is not what Christ Jesus gives in the book of Revelation.

Christ Jesus can not return, until the 7th trump is sounded, Which brings the end to the Tribulation and the return of Christ Jesus.
So by the time the Rapture is to happen, the Tribulation has ended. So what good is the Rapture going to be, seeing the 7th trump has to sound first, That brings the end to the Tribulation and the return of Christ Jesus.

But then those christians, have no idea as to where they are standing as far as the book of Revelation goes.

In the book of Revelation, there are 7 seals,
7 Trump's, and 7 Vials.

So where do you suppose people think your standing in those 7 Seals, 7 Trump's and
7 Vials ? In the book of Revelation?

For those of the Rapture Theory, you better be getting with it, all because in the next seals all hell going to break lose here on earth.

Which are the 5th and 6th seals, which all chaos is going to break out on earth.
But then Christ Jesus doesn't return until the 7th trump is sounded, which brings the end to the Tribulation.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

But of course you're going to have those Christians, who think for some reason or another, that they are such goody two shoes.
This why the Tribulation will come upon those like a thief in the night.
They will not even know their in the Tribulation.
For those christians, they don't know where exactly where they are standing in the book of Revelation, As far as the seals and Trump's and Vails go.

But yet, christians will tell you, we're going to be Raptured out, But yet, by the time the Rapture is to happen, The Tribulation is over,ended. So what good is the Rapture going to do, Seeing by the time their so called Rapture is to happen the Tribulation is over, Ended.

Seeing According to what Christ Jesus has given in the book of Revelation, Christ Jesus can not return until the 7th trump is sounded, which brings the Tribulation to it's end.

Faithofchristian

Unfortunately, this is true.
One might expect Omnimax God to be more clear on such an important subject. But instead what we've got is a batch of competing Prophets, all claiming to be God's spokespersons to Mankind.
I have no idea how to sort them out, I figure they're all making it up as they go along. If God wants me to believe something in particular, He knows where to reach me.
Tom

This is why Christ Jesus said to pray, that you may make it thru the tribultion. And that Christ Jesus is going to shorten the days of the Tribulation.
Matthew 24:20-22.

Notice in the book of Mark 13:22, That Jesus is giving warning about how false Christ's and false prophets shall rise.

As you said, how are we to know a false prophet.
Notice what Jesus said in the next
Verse 23, "But take you heed, behold, I have foretold you all things"

Therefore when someone comes to give prophecy about the end times, Jesus showing them as a false prophet.

Because Jesus has already foretold all things about the end times tribulation prophecy.
Christ Jesus has foretold all things in the book of Revelation.
Everything is there in the book of Revelation.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This is why Christ Jesus said to pray, that you may make it thru the tribultion.
If Jesus said that, I wouldn't know about it. Because I don't mistake Matthew for Jesus. I don't know for sure why Matthew says that Jesus said that, but I do know that Matthew was a fallible human being.
Just like the rest of us.
Tom

Faithofchristian

If Jesus said that, I wouldn't know about it. Because I don't mistake Matthew for Jesus. I don't know for sure why Matthew says that Jesus said that, but I do know that Matthew was a fallible human being.
Just like the rest of us.
Tom

Now if you were to think about it, Jesus chose Matthew to be one of his 12 disciples, All though Matthew could be considered fallible, But what makes the difference, is that Matthew didn't come with those things all by himself

The Spirit of Christ Jesus was behind Matthew to write, What he had written.

That's why Jesus said in John 14:26--"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I said unto you"

Therefore Matthew didn't come up with things all by himself. It was the Spirit of Jesus that brought all things back to the remembrance of Matthew, as well as all the other 12 disciples.

SinSaber

I don't even believe that Jesus is God. But I have no trouble seeing what the main thrust of His Teachings were. And they just don't match much of what I hear from conservative Christians.
Tom

Doesn’t match liberals either. You want to compulse charity through taxes instead of personal choice

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Doesn’t match liberals either. You want to compulse charity through taxes instead of personal choice
Where does Jesus talks about personal choice for those who follow him to be charitable or not?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Under Jewish Law, it was mandated that the poor and the widows be taken care of both by the state and through charity. There is simply nothing in what Jesus said that shows up in the gospels that goes against that.

However, during Jesus' time, since the Romans were in charge of the government, so the Great Sanhedrin had to take over the role of government in this regard. Leaving those in need to rely exclusively on charity simply was not the practice because it doesn't work.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It isn't that I want that, exactly. It's that I want the charity to happen, in an organized and effective way. The government leaves a lot to be desired in that regard, but it's better than a bunch of individuals doing it willy-nilly.
Tom
ETA ~I don't consider the charity itself to be a liberal or conservative thing. I am just talking about the methods of accomplishing it~

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
It does, just as the parable of the Prodigal Son doesn't fit with the Good Shepherd. Jesus was either really inconsistent or a flat out hypocrite. It's almost like the parables are inserts to justify the biases of the author or something.

That's why I believe judging the tree by its fruit should be put up there with the Golden Rule (the Gold-Plated Rule?): some parables, if followed, will make you a horrible human being. If a parable causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. :)

Doesn't that contradict the parable of the Vineyard Owner, paying everybody what he wanted, regardless of when they joined the workers?
Tom

Hint: Albert Einstein.