• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal Christians,are they here at Religious forums?

omega2xx

The Church likes to make a big deal out of papal succession. But in a very real way the RCC came into being with Nicea when they wrote the Apostolic Creed. That is the foundation of RCC theology. Is there a part of that you don't accept?
Tom

I am not familiar with the Nicea Creed, and I don't feel like looking it up. Most of it is probably Biblical, but much RCC theology is not Biblical.

Milton Platt

It depends on how important it is. I am not going to believe that some human knows more about God than I do based solely on faith in the human making the claim.
Tom

Correct.....so what is there to rely upon other than what other men have written or said about a god??? There appears to be no other source, unless you resort to feelings and experiences, which are highly subjective.

Seems the more important a question is, the more important it would be to have a testable hypothesis rather than faith. I would rather take on faith that, say, that caterpillar I saw in my yard turned into a butterfly, than take on faith that there is an invisible all-knowing being that created everything and now is concerned about who I have sex with. The caterpillar is insignificant, because whether it became a butterfly or was eaten by a bird, it has no bearing on my life. When it comes to what many would argue is the most important question in their lives, faith is worthless.

Name something that cannot believed on faith alone....it is not a pathway to truth.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Not unless you give me some dogma I can say that is not conservative dogma or I will give you the Scriptures that supports it.
Well, there is a song we sing that contain Protestant dogma:

Maybe I just misunderstood your statement. Did you say that Protestant dogma is not biblical?

Last edited:

omega2xx

Well, there is a song we sing that contain Protestant dogma:

Maybe I just misunderstood your statement. Did you say that Protestant dogma is not biblical?

My typing is poor and my editing what I type is worse.

If I did, it was not intentional. In conservative Christinity dogma MUST BE supported by Scripture.

Hosea 11:1 -/When Israel was a youth I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my Son.
Mt 2:14 - And he arose and took the child and His mother by night, and departed for 'Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that was spoken by the Lord through the prophet might be fulfilled, saying, "out of Egypt did I cll My Son.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

My typing is poor and my editing what I type is worse.

If I did, it was not intentional. In conservative Christinity dogma MUST BE supported by Scripture.

Hosea 11:1 -/When Israel was a youth I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my Son.
Mt 2:14 - And he arose and took the child and His mother by night, and departed for 'Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that was spoken by the Lord through the prophet might be fulfilled, saying, "out of Egypt did I cll My Son.
I couldn't agree with you more. Or, to say it in other words, I agree with you completely

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I could but I'm not going to. If you don't believe me, google it yourself.
I have provided links on many occasions in response to some of your assertions, so maybe you can spare a minute or two to please provide where PF said what you claim he said.

Do you really not know the RCC teaches it is the only true church?
And I don't know how many times this has been covered here.

omega2xx

I have provided links on many occasions in response to some of your assertions, so maybe you can spare a minute or two to please provide where PF said what you claim he said.

And I have ask you to cut and paste the evidence in your evolution links and you have not done that.

And I don't know how many times this has been covered here.

Then why do it again?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And I have ask you to cut and paste the evidence in your evolution links and you have not done that.
Just one little click of your mouse would have easily solve that problem. When I've cut & pasted for you in the past, it always goes nowhere as you just find some excuse to ignore or pooh-pooh it away while not providing any links or cuts & pastes yourself.

So, why do I continue to engage with you on things like this? Because there may be some others here who are uncertain whereas information may help them to decide for themselves. Your tactic, otoh, is to provide opinion with no information most of the time.

omega2xx

Just one little click of your mouse would have easily solve that problem. When I've cut & pasted for you in the past, it always goes nowhere as you just find some excuse to ignore or pooh-pooh it away while not providing any links or cuts & pastes yourself.

So, why do I continue to engage with you on things like this? Because there may be some others here who are uncertain whereas information may help them to decide for themselves. Your tactic, otoh, is to provide opinion with no information most of the time.

You could have cut and pasted some evidence in less time than you have spent telling me to click. Did you not understand that I have checked these links for years and not one presented any evidence, not one. Why should I continue doing something that is a waste of time?

omega2xx

You worship an incomprehensible god and you can ask that question with a straight face?
Tom

God may be incomprehensible, but what He tells me is not----Jesus loves me this I know, because the Bible tells me so.

Ps 22:17b - They divided My garments and for My clothing they cast lots.

Jn 19:24 - So they said to one another, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, to decide whose it shall be"; this was to fulfill the Scripture, They divided My outer garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.