• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal Christianity

GPV

anders said:
I find the discussion confusing. The Church of Sweden is labelled "Evangelical-Lutheran", and its views match most of what you-all have labelled "liberal".

Evangelical does not have to mean conservative or Bible-thumper. There are quiet liberal Christians who prefer to witness through the way they live, and there are louder Liberal Christians who will state their views to anyone who wants to hear them. The latter is essentially what makes an Evangelical. Going forth to preach the good news.

I was a part of the first group mainly because I don't believe in forcing my views on others like many of my stricter brethren are wont to do, but find myself increasingly wandering into the second group. It's part of the reason I made my website. I felt the need to explain to people that I am a Christian, but I am not a Jerry Falwell clone, that that type of Christianity does not appeal to me and maybe, if there is someone else out there who is turned off to Christianity because of certain variations on it, I just wanted them to know there are other ways of being a Christian. (Although not to hear Mr. Falwell tell it. I am sure he would label me a heathen and much worse. ;) )