• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[LHP] The Western Left Hand

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In some cases their is a difference on certain theism's, the Temple of Set does not bow down to any deity including Set himself, which Adramelek of course knows and so would some of us. The ONA is quite confusing they believe Satan to be perhaps an external deity but I do not think that they would require a person to bow down to him. The ONA is of course a different approach, they let the individual to chose their own "Satanism's." Is their some people who are theistic but would have a nutty view of things that you might not consider them to be of the WLHP? Probably to that extent. To be perfectly honest this whole Atheism vs. Theism is getting quite absurd. We have to look at the bigger picture and analyze the traits and characteristics of the theism's that might or not conform and might be regarded as nutty, and the other types of theism's be it the intelligent and the pragmatic theism's such as the Temple Of Set or the ONA would of course be classified among the LHP.
It's not really 'theism vs atheism' . . . but rather 'theism vs non-theism'

Onyx

Premium Member
We have to look at the bigger picture and analyze the traits and characteristics of the theism's that might or not conform and might be regarded as nutty,
This. "Theistic Satanists" (or whatever) almost never practice "devil-worship", and it's not just replacing "God" with "Satan". I feel that many people misunderstand this. I'm a realist myself but think this is an entirely personal issue, and if Satanism et. al. is individualistic, then let it be so.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I figured I would go to the Source . . .

Dear Mr. Sushko,

The central, crucial characteristic of the Priesthood of Set is that, when an individual so consecrated expends the effort to do so, he or she may experience, represent, and manifest the consciousness of Set. The precision to which this is done, and the media through which it is expressed, vary from individual to individual.
Recognition of a Priest or Priestess of Set is a very complex process in the care of the Masters of the Temple.

Sincerely,
M.A.A.

Key words here are: experience, represent, and manifest . . . consciousness of Set . . . and 'media'

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In some cases their is a difference on certain theism's, the Temple of Set does not bow down to any deity including Set himself, which Adramelek of course knows and so would some of us. The ONA is quite confusing they believe Satan to be perhaps an external deity but I do not think that they would require a person to bow down to him. The ONA is of course a different approach, they let the individual to chose their own "Satanism's." Is their some people who are theistic but would have a nutty view of things that you might not consider them to be of the WLHP? Probably to that extent. To be perfectly honest this whole Atheism vs. Theism is getting quite absurd. We have to look at the bigger picture and analyze the traits and characteristics of the theism's that might or not conform and might be regarded as nutty, and the other types of theism's be it the intelligent and the pragmatic theism's such as the Temple Of Set or the ONA would of course be classified among the LHP.
What are "nutty theisms"?

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
What are "nutty theisms"?
Most theisms of the WLHP are not exactly nutty, for example in my own opinion I find some of the theisms of the WLHP to be intelligent and pragmatic. But in my own opinion their are some "theistic Satanists" of the WLHP that may have a nutty view of things in general and that have not quite matured among the WLHP. I find most "theistic Satanists" and Setians on this forum to be very mature, Intelligent, and pragmatic in a sense. I personally do not necessarily view all of theism to be nutty in the WLHP. I more or less look at the bigger picture on it in general, and I more or less distinguish it.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I think we would get along quite well actually.

Dr. Aquino is a member of the 600 club by the way which many of us may know. I have been wanting to speak to him lately but I normally prefer not to PM or bother people.

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
Dr. Aquino is a member of the 600 club by the way which many of us may know. I have been wanting to speak to him lately but I normally prefer not to PM or bother people.
I'm not a member of that forum but browse it from time to time. He posted in the book section the other day.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I'm going to just post this here and leave it, it is my opinion as I feel it adequately defines everything succinctly.
Feel free to debate.

To absolve one's self into this is antithetic to the Western LHP goals of individuation and autotheism.

I have been wanting to ask you an absurd question, I am willing to give you a challenge. Do you believe in "autotheism", or self deification as it is known? I am sure you may perhaps say "yes", but what are ones benefits of trying to make himself a god through Magick? This has been primarily my disagreements with self deification being used in Magick in general.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

He responds to email, though he's been sick and stated he's very overwhelmed with personal correspondences. @Adramelek and I both briefly talked to him recently, though I've restrained myself from further questioning him as he has a lot on his plate.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
He responds to email, though he's been sick and stated he's very overwhelmed with personal correspondences. @Adramelek and I both briefly talked to him recently, though I've restrained myself from further questioning him as he has a lot on his plate.

I have been very concerned of Aquinos health. I am hoping he is doing well.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Is the forum worth it?

The 600 club is different from RF in general. They have some strict rules such as not doing "one lined posts," I normally do not do as much replies or posts. I am kindve new to the forum myself, EtuMalku is also with the forum as well.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I can't really say that it is, other than the occasional laugh.

What gives me the occasional laugh is this new person who's name is 204, he is supposedly some so called fantasy type super hero dude who is new to the forum. His replies often make me Laugh a lot.