• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP Resource Question

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So I am extremely ignorant to the Left Hand Path. I'd like to educate myself a little, so I was hoping someone had some information for a basic overview of what LHP practice looks like.

When looking into the subject, I see a lot of references to specific forms of LHP practices like Satanism or Setianism. Is there something that strips all that away and discusses just the bare bones without the mythologically influenced overtones or philosophies?

I'm not quite sure where to post this since I can't access the LHP DIR. :confused:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It's complicated. I found this good article once, but they bounce it off and on between a paywall. I may try to find it again just in case the site lets people who don't have a subscription actually read it.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
From the article provided, I get the impression that Left Hand Paths actively oppose social norms. Is that correct, or would you describe that in a different way?

As a person into Left Hand Path, my take is that we do, but sometimes in a creative, stylish way. For example, take Billie Eilish for example as an analogy. She doesn't really follow the script for her music or career. But she's pretty cool to some people, including me.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
So I am extremely ignorant to the Left Hand Path. I'd like to educate myself a little, so I was hoping someone had some information for a basic overview of what LHP practice looks like.

When looking into the subject, I see a lot of references to specific forms of LHP practices like Satanism or Setianism. Is there something that strips all that away and discusses just the bare bones without the mythologically influenced overtones or philosophies?

I'm not quite sure where to post this since I can't access the LHP DIR. :confused:
Zen.