• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[LHP only] What is left hand path?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
@EtuMalku
That's not true at all. We shared the earth with several other intelligent hominids as recently as 30 thousand years ago.

I wonder if it had been one of them rather than us, if they would feel equally as smug?
Neanderthals are the only ones that managed to survive . . . even though there were other hominids stronger, bigger, more capable of existing as it were . . . We however we more intelligent.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Survival is not Evolution . . . Survival is a built in mechanism that ALL of life has
You seem to be under the false impression that all organic life except for humans just stopped evolving. That's wrong and new species are constantly coming about naturally, all the time. Besides, the point I was making is that the challenges we faced and the environments we found ourselves in are what made us what we are today. Humans aren't a species that specialize in just one or a few things, like many other species (like cats, or bees or bacteria). We're good or at least decent at a lot of things that are spread across the board. That's been quite an advantage to us, this resourcefulness.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
You seem to be under the false impression that all organic life except for humans just stopped evolving. That's wrong and new species are constantly coming about naturally, all the time. Besides, the point I was making is that the challenges we faced and the environments we found ourselves in are what made us what we are today. Humans aren't a species that specialize in just one or a few things, like many other species (like cats, or bees or bacteria). We're good or at least decent at a lot of things that are spread across the board. That's been quite an advantage to us, this resourcefulness.
You seem to have a problem comprehending what I wrote . . .

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Well, your post was rather vague.
This is vague?

"By the laws of nature that we have observed over time, by all accounts another species should have developed at least a brain remotely close to ours. And none have, for the most part every single surviving creature has remained exactly the same except us.
So what has taken place?

We are left with the explanation: Deliberate Cause
And this implies an Isolate Intelligence working through our physical being (brain / body)"

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is vague?

"By the laws of nature that we have observed over time, by all accounts another species should have developed at least a brain remotely close to ours. And none have, for the most part every single surviving creature has remained exactly the same except us.
So what has taken place?

We are left with the explanation: Deliberate Cause
And this implies an Isolate Intelligence working through our physical being (brain / body)"
I was responding to your post here: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/lhp-only-what-is-left-hand-path.182111/page-20#post-4744950

I responded to your other post here: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/lhp-only-what-is-left-hand-path.182111/page-20#post-4744946
...which you responded to with your aforementioned vague post about survival.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Not according to current evidence. Neanderthals were on par and even ahead of us in some respects vis a vis technology.We are here and they are not due to differences in physiology, not intelligence.

And Neanderthal is only one of many non-homosapien 'humans' we already know of, and we are discovering more all the time.

http://inhabitat.com/fossilized-jawbone-suggests-a-fourth-type-of-prehistoric-man/
Then name a species that has evolved in intelligence as we have?
There aren't any, they have ALL for the most part remained exactly as they have always been . . . except for us

I thought I just did. Neanderthal never got the chance to pile 20 thousand more years onto their technology, but when they were around they were at least our equal in that respect.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I never said that. I would like people to have a bigger view of the cosmos and life itself, though. I'm sick of human arrogance. We're only a tiny part of the whole and reality is much more mysterious and grand than we, and our largely stupid and small-minded religions, give it credit for. The universe is grand enough without introducing supernatural agents. The available evidence points towards the conclusion that the universe forms and perpetuates itself, and that includes organic life. What's the point of introducing supernatural deities that just complicate the matter and of which there is no evidence for? It's the same problem with the mainstream theistic religions. More questions than answers.

You could say we're special in some ways, but so is everything else. I'm special because I'm the only me there is. There is no other me out there and never will be another. Same as how my dog is special because there's only one of him, and will only ever be just one of him. Same with all other lifeforms. But eventually we're all swept away by time, and that's alright.

So feel special. But the problem is the perspective you approach it from.

"Consider, were man to perish,
what futility would envelop the Universe, for apart from
appreciation and use it is a thing of insignificance."

Premium Member
That's one of the most stupid and narcissistic quotes I've ever seen.

That care to explain how there can be meaning without beings who create meaning? Thought without creatures that can think? And can you try to be a mature adult in your responses?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That care to explain how there can be meaning without beings who create meaning? Thought without creatures that can think? And can you try to be a mature adult in your responses?
You post that crap to me and then accuse me of being immature? No, we're not the only lifeforms that can think. Haven't you ever had a pet, like a dog or a cat? If so, how can you say that they don't think? Don't be stupid, you know they think. They're not robots. They create meaning, too. They have toys which have meaning to them, there are humans who mean something to them, they have fellow cat and dog friends and relatives that mean something to them, etc.

Also, that quote implies that the universe exists for us and it's useless without us in it. That's narcissism on a very grandiose level, a breathtaking level. The universe exists for nothing but itself. It existed far, far before humans came into the picture and will exist long after we exit. Also, the universe is not a "thing" for us to use. It's not an objection or a commodity, and we don't own it.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
One reason being they are extinct while we remained.
I don't see your line of reasoning here anyway, they are relatives of humans and would be included in the 'evolved intelligence' quotient
But the main point you seem to be missing is that 'No Other species has Evolved in Intelligence as We Have' . . .

Premium Member
You post that crap to me and then accuse me of being immature? No, we're not the only lifeforms that can think. Haven't you ever had a pet, like a dog or a cat? If so, how can you say that they don't think? Don't be stupid, you know they think. They're not robots. They create meaning, too. They have toys which have meaning to them, there are humans who mean something to them, they have fellow cat and dog friends and relatives that mean something to them, etc.

Also, that quote implies that the universe exists for us and it's useless without us in it. That's narcissism on a very grandiose level, a breathtaking level. The universe exists for nothing but itself. It exists far, far before humans came into the picture and will exist long after we exit.

Right, because my dog is inventing languages, can succeed in cognitive behavior therapy, is capable of abstract thought, can willfully overcome their condition, and so on. You're too emotional in your Christian like hatred of human beings, you're not taking the time to even slightly inform yourself on the topics. Study human psychology, and I guarantee you'll change your position.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Right, because my dog is inventing languages, can succeed in cognitive behavior therapy, is capable of abstract thought, can willfully overcome their condition, and so on.
You're going on about degrees of complexity, not whether they have the trait at all or not.
You're too emotional in your Christian like hatred of human beings
Your arguments are mostly emotional pleading for the supposed superiority of humans. If you want to accuse me of being "Christian-like", then you fit the bill, too, since Christianity generally teaches that humanity is the apex of creation, that only humans have souls and it's a common Christian belief that the universe only exists for our benefit and there's no life on other planets. This sort of thinking has dominated Western thought for over a millennium. Your thoughts on this are very mainstream.
you're not taking the time to even slightly inform yourself on the topics. Study human psychology, and I guarantee you'll change your position.
You're one of the last people who should be telling anyone to study anything, since you know so little about your own field of study, let alone others. You don't even know much about biology or animal studies.