• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[LHP] Eastern LHP view and method of the ego

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
How does Thelema, a Greek word meaning "True Will", as a Western LHP magical philosophy apply to the Setian Xeper = Self-directed Self-Evolution?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
IAO SET!
I guess that would depend upon the type of governing system you want to set up in your consciousness, and where your was (authority) is located therein.
I really don't know much about Thelema, but this is what the wiki article says about the consciousness governing philosophy of Thelema:
According to Crowley, every individual has a True Will, to be distinguished from the ordinary wants and desires of the ego. The True Will is essentially one's "calling" or "purpose" in life. Some later magicians have taken this to include the goal of attaining self-realization by one's own efforts, without the aid of God or other divine authority. This brings them close to the position that Crowley held just prior to 1904.[46] Others follow later works such as Liber II, saying that one's own will in pure form is nothing other than the divine will.[47] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law for Crowley refers not to hedonism, fulfilling everyday desires, but to acting in response to that calling. The Thelemite is a mystic.[46] According to Lon Milo Duquette, a Thelemite is anyone who bases their actions on striving to discover and accomplish their true will,[48] when a person does their True Will, it is like an orbit, their niche in the universal order, and the universe assists them.[49] In order for the individual to be able to follow their True Will, the everyday self's socially-instilled inhibitions may have to be overcome via deconditioning.[50][51] Crowley believed that in order to discover the True Will, one had to free the desires of the subconscious mind from the control of the conscious mind, especially the restrictions placed on sexual expression, which he associated with the power of divine creation.[52] He identified the True Will of each individual with the Holy Guardian Angel, a daimon unique to each individual.[53] The spiritual quest to find what you are meant to do and do it is also known in Thelema as the Great Work.[54]
Thelema philosophy seems to place the was in the subconscious mind.
I'm not sure how that would compare to the Setian concept of Xeper.

Kemble

It's extinguishing unskillful desires (bad habits.) Nibbana is not about escaping life, as it can be experienced in the here and now.

Nirvana with the substrate left is perception without ego-consciousness. If you still can't see the ultimate consequences of that I can't really help you.