• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP and RHP

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Because I don't find it very LHP to be guided, I like guiding my own life, not characters such as satan and set.

No, it's not hypocritical. I'm saying I'm not letting two characters tell me how to live my life, it's rather annoying and let alone it's not very LHP, no matter if they tell you to pertain to it or not, you're letting others guide you/control you.

So what you're saying here is that you basically wish to be left alone, to travel your life's path on your own without the advice or guidance or teachings of anyone else. That's perfectly fine. :D I and others on the other hand enjoy and draw strength and knowledge from interacting with others of our Own Kind, from reading books of philosophy and the magical arts, from the advice and experience of other like minded magicians be them human beings or another magical entity or Form.

Of course personal Self-knowledge is of prime importance, and all other knowledge gained is examined and absorbed by the individual and either rejected or implemented according to the individual will and reflected in accordance with ones own Being. Seeking a trusted friends wisdom and understanding, advice or council is not allowing them to control you. Btw, I do consider Satan and Set to be personal and very trusted life long friends.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Ah now I feel like crap for sounding rude, sorry about that guys.

But just wondering why you consider it LHP to do that is all, I'll accept that there are various definitions of LHP.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Because I don't find it very LHP to be guided, I like guiding my own life, not characters such as satan and set.

Whether you guide yourself or not there is still guidance. LHP exists for reasons pertaining to this.

No, it's not hypocritical. I'm saying I'm not letting two characters tell me how to live my life, it's rather annoying and let alone it's not very LHP, no matter if they tell you to pertain to it or not, you're letting others guide you/control you.

It is though, you post here, seek guidance and ask questions. That is what the LHP is all about. Its a school of thought, albeit one that differs strongly form the RHP.

Had you read the posts we have been making in response to your questions you would know that.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Ah now I feel like crap for sounding rude, sorry about that guys.

But just wondering why you consider it LHP to do that is all, I'll accept that there are various definitions of LHP.

Dude don't worry, you just have to remember the simpler explanations and not try and complicate things too much.

I've done it, and I'm sure most of the other members have done it as well. But we all do have an inherit sense of what it represents, this is why we continue to post and share our knowledge and perception with each other.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

jasonwill2

Doesn't demand worship, then why dedicate at all? Why is the prince of darkness so great to which he deserves dedication but doesn't even care if you dedicate to him or not? There must be some reason you dedicate yourself to him if he doesn't demand it.

Gods with benefits.

I think the key difference is what each hopes to gain. In RHP models, the practitioner seeks to erase his/her own will in deferrance to the will of God/Allah/Nirvana/etc. In return, that is also what God/Allah/Nirvana/etc wants for the worshipper. It essentially seeks submission.

In LHP models, the practitioner seeks to increase his/her own will, and does whatever it takes to further this goal. This includes utilizing and honoring Satan/Set/etc because he/she/it is the supreme teacher and resource for this goal.

It would be similar if I, as a guitar player, took guitar lessons from Steve Vai (look him up). I would honor him reverently because he has done and is doing something I greatly strive for. But I also value him because of what he can teach me in hopes that I can attain that level as well. I don't seek to just let Steve Vai play my guitar for me, but rather seeks his guidance respectfully so I can play guitar to the best of my abilities.

That analogy doesn't quite work perfectly, since Steve Vai didn't invent the guitar, but it's close.

I think this is the answer to your question sum.

Does it matter however you are in a relationship with it? Your claiming that something greater than you, no matter how you put it, it's putting something before you.

If I were to put Jesus before me, and just claim him as a teacher (which 80% of Christians do) would it be LHP?

I do not think that neither me nor Adrlemek puts Set/Satan before us. Besides, if I put Satan before me, I would still be putting myself first as Satan has me first in terms of the relationship. Either way I can't win and I will always be first. I said I wanted a goal, now Satan acts as my accuser to make sure I see it through. I swear it feels...no, it IS like he's a boot-camp sergeant at times.