• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP and RHP

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
So what makes a dedication to Satan LHP and a dedication to Allah not LHP?

I don't dedicate anything to my gods, and I think (I know it's just a personal opinion) that's what makes someone LHP, not dedicated to any morals, actions, guidelines but your own. And not dedicated to any god but yourself.

Simple, Allah demands self-subjugation from his disciples, the Prince of Darkness does not demand worship and finds subjugation from his Initiates undesirable and even an abomination to the legacy and very purpose of his Gift.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Simple, Allah demands self-subjugation from his disciples, the Prince of Darkness does not demand worship and finds subjugation from his Initiates undesirable and even an abomination to the legacy and very purpose of his Gift.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Doesn't demand worship, then why dedicate at all? Why is the prince of darkness so great to which he deserves dedication but doesn't even care if you dedicate to him or not? There must be some reason you dedicate yourself to him if he doesn't demand it.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Doesn't demand worship, then why dedicate at all? Why is the prince of darkness so great to which he deserves dedication but doesn't even care if you dedicate to him or not? There must be some reason you dedicate yourself to him if he doesn't demand it.

First, worship and dedication are not the same thing. Yes Sum there is a reason, and my Oath to Set is very personal and sacred, I can only leave it at that, plus it is beyond simple words.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

First, worship and dedication are not the same thing.

Yeah, I know.

Yes Sum there is a reason, and my Oath to Set is very personal and sacred, I can only leave it at that, plus it is beyond simple words.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Is this set character greater than you?

If no, why be dedicated to him?

If yes, in all honesty, how is it at all considered LHP?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Is this set character greater than you?

If no, why be dedicated to him?

If yes, in all honesty, how is it at all considered LHP?

Just because Set does not demand worship doesn't mean that he does not honor and respect dedication to him. Yes Set's power is much greater than mine, as far as I am concerned the Dark Lord is the Greatest Black Magician in the Universe. As an ancient Intelligence he is far wiser than I. To me it is LHP because my relationship with Set is not that of a master and servant, but rather that of a teacher and student. The philosophy and teachings of the Black Arts of the Prince of Darkness are indeed LHP, but the Bond between the Initiate and the Great Initiator goes beyond just RHP/LHP definitions. Furthermore, as the Initiate Xepers this personal and sacred Bond between himself and Set, that Magical Link between them becomes stronger and stronger. The Setian begins to Understand not only his own mind and will, but also can begin to attain a certain Understanding of the mind of Set, and the ability to construe certain aspects of Set's Will.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Last edited:

Informare

Setian I°
I think the key difference is what each hopes to gain. In RHP models, the practitioner seeks to erase his/her own will in deferrance to the will of God/Allah/Nirvana/etc. In return, that is also what God/Allah/Nirvana/etc wants for the worshipper. It essentially seeks submission.

In LHP models, the practitioner seeks to increase his/her own will, and does whatever it takes to further this goal. This includes utilizing and honoring Satan/Set/etc because he/she/it is the supreme teacher and resource for this goal.

It would be similar if I, as a guitar player, took guitar lessons from Steve Vai (look him up). I would honor him reverently because he has done and is doing something I greatly strive for. But I also value him because of what he can teach me in hopes that I can attain that level as well. I don't seek to just let Steve Vai play my guitar for me, but rather seeks his guidance respectfully so I can play guitar to the best of my abilities.

That analogy doesn't quite work perfectly, since Steve Vai didn't invent the guitar, but it's close.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Thats a good point, its much like me and my obsession with MMA.

Anthony Pettis would be a good example, a lightweight fighter who holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do (as do I). Though when I watch him fight and kick, I think I can do better. But if I were ever to meet him I would highly revere him and ask him to teach me all he knows, while at the same time to actually learn to the best of my ability I would have to spar with him.

The Sum of Awe

Just because Set does not demand worship doesn't mean that he does not honor and respect dedication to him. Yes Set's power is much greater than mine, as far as I am concerned the Dark Lord is the Greatest Black Magician in the Universe. As an ancient Intelligence he is far wiser than I. To me it is LHP because my relationship with Set is not that of a master and servant, but rather that of a teacher and student. The philosophy and teachings of the Black Arts of the Prince of Darkness are indeed LHP, but the Bond between the Initiate and the Great Initiator goes beyond just RHP/LHP definitions. Furthermore, as the Initiate Xepers this personal and sacred Bond between himself and Set, that Magical Link between them becomes stronger and stronger. The Setian begins to Understand not only his own mind and will, but also can begin to attain a certain Understanding of the mind of Set, and the ability to construe certain aspects of Set's Will.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Does it matter however you are in a relationship with it? Your claiming that something greater than you, no matter how you put it, it's putting something before you.

If I were to put Jesus before me, and just claim him as a teacher (which 80% of Christians do) would it be LHP?

Informare

Setian I°
Does it matter however you are in a relationship with it? Your claiming that something greater than you, no matter how you put it, it's putting something before you.

If I were to put Jesus before me, and just claim him as a teacher (which 80% of Christians do) would it be LHP?

You're not paying attention to these answers. First of all, one can recognize someone is greater than you without putting it before you. One has simply achieved more and displayed a higher level. That doesn't mean one is better than or over you, it's just a fact. To answer your question, yes, one could study the principles of Jesus from a Left-Hand Path perspective. However, the fundamental difference from that and from the way Christianity would have you study is that from a LHP-er, the focus would be "How can these teachings enhance my efficacy in pursuing my own destiny and exerting my will" whereas a Christian would say, "How can these teachings ehance my ability to follow Christ and do what he wants me to do, regardless of what I want for myself?"

Orias

Left Hand Path
LHP is dynamic, almost idiosyncratic. Intuitive.

RHP is static, largely consisting of expectancies. Sensing.

If there truly is any mutual understanding of the two, its that we all have right and left hands, and that LHP will eventually take over the RHP.

Darkness, reborn.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

You're not paying attention to these answers. First of all, one can recognize someone is greater than you without putting it before you. One has simply achieved more and displayed a higher level. That doesn't mean one is better than or over you, it's just a fact.

I was referring to the teacher/student part.

To answer your question, yes, one could study the principles of Jesus from a Left-Hand Path perspective. However, the fundamental difference from that and from the way Christianity would have you study is that from a LHP-er, the focus would be "How can these teachings enhance my efficacy in pursuing my own destiny and exerting my will" whereas a Christian would say, "How can these teachings ehance my ability to follow Christ and do what he wants me to do, regardless of what I want for myself?"

Wouldn't the answers for that question be answered by yourself, not by another character such as sit?

The Sum of Awe

You're still not getting it. Ask less questions to us and answer yourself more.

I get it just fine, asking the imaginative character of set or satan is just a replacement of asking yourself, when there's absolutely no point to it. It completely destroys the meaning of LHP if you ask others how to live your own life.

Last edited:

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
LHP: Heterodoxy, ego-satisfying, will, magick
RHP: Orthodoxy, ego-denying, faith/hope. prayer

RHP = Orthodoxy
LHP = Use of practices deemed immoral by RHP, usually in the context of a radical philosophy that views the individual as god/godlike/potentially (a) god.

I think the key difference is what each hopes to gain. In RHP models, the practitioner seeks to erase his/her own will in deferrance to the will of God/Allah/Nirvana/etc. In return, that is also what God/Allah/Nirvana/etc wants for the worshipper. It essentially seeks submission.

In LHP models, the practitioner seeks to increase his/her own will, and does whatever it takes to further this goal. This includes utilizing and honoring Satan/Set/etc because he/she/it is the supreme teacher and resource for this goal.

It would be similar if I, as a guitar player, took guitar lessons from Steve Vai (look him up). I would honor him reverently because he has done and is doing something I greatly strive for. But I also value him because of what he can teach me in hopes that I can attain that level as well. I don't seek to just let Steve Vai play my guitar for me, but rather seeks his guidance respectfully so I can play guitar to the best of my abilities.

That analogy doesn't quite work perfectly, since Steve Vai didn't invent the guitar, but it's close.
These three posts more or less sum up my view of the LHP. I saw earlier in this thread mention of a MHP or Middle Hand Path. Although this may be an abstract idea it appeals to me because I can see value on both sides and the end goal is often similar.
I'd also say that while the LHP does emphasize the self, that does not mean there is no place for wider and more communal values.

Informare

Setian I°
I'd also say that while the LHP does emphasize the self, that does not mean there is no place for wider and more communal values.

This is very true. As a LHP-er, I quite enjoy community and communal values. I view them in an objectionist light; communal values and community bring me happiness and other benefits.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I get it just fine, asking the imaginative character of set or satan is just a replacement of asking yourself, when there's absolutely no point to it. It completely destroys the meaning of LHP if you ask others how to live your own life.

I don't think you do.

You asked questions, pertaining to your own life. Being that my belief in Satan and Set have given you the answers, that you refuse to accept as guiding you along the questions you ask.

Its a rather hypocritical statement. You say there is no point, yet the rhetoric's continue, as if they are designed to changed the functional perception that leads to the answers you are asking.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
So. What makes me an lhp member well I said so and you all seemed ok with it. Maybe thats good enough. Do you want to use andor be attached to this label associate with it? Is that good enough. By my will im lhp ha or maybe its just that line.

The Sum of Awe

I don't think you do.

You asked questions, pertaining to your own life. Being that my belief in Satan and Set have given you the answers, that you refuse to accept as guiding you along the questions you ask.

Because I don't find it very LHP to be guided, I like guiding my own life, not characters such as satan and set.

Its a rather hypocritical statement. You say there is no point, yet the rhetoric's continue, as if they are designed to changed the functional perception that leads to the answers you are asking.

No, it's not hypocritical. I'm saying I'm not letting two characters tell me how to live my life, it's rather annoying and let alone it's not very LHP, no matter if they tell you to pertain to it or not, you're letting others guide you/control you.