• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP and RHP

jasonwill2

This is a good question. Remember I said the LHPather is the ultimate authority of his own will. However, say the Dark Lord councils me to manifest his Will on Earth in some way like Set saying to Michael Aquino in the "Book of Coming Forth by Night" - "Magus of my Aeon, manifest the Will of Set". That is Utter the Word of the Aeon of Set - Xeper, and re-establish the Temple of Set on Earth. The thing about the LHP is that Aquino was free to decline this petition to him by the Prince of Darkness if it was his will to do so. As the will of the individual Black Magician is not subject to that of the Prince of Darkness even though they are in league with one another. But in this case Aquino's mind and will and Set's mind and will were in sink as it was Aquino who summoned the Dark Prince for guidance after the 1975 CoS crisis, and Aquino agreed of his own volition as it was something that he personally wanted to do.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

That makes sense.

For me, I have seen that Satan is basically saying in any instance:

"you want to do X thing? Ok! Now my will is for you to accomplish X thing, and when you decide to give up, I'll push you even harder! It won't be as fun or easy as you think, but darn gone it, you will do X, even if it means you have to walk up every mountain of the world!"

So I come to the situation where Satan's will is the more appropriate one, while still having the same goal of my will. It's kind of like how one would go to someone who is more experienced to help them with something. I have to, to a degree, realize that my desires in the moment, that is, my short-term goals, may interfere with my larger will, my "True Will", let's say, or that is, my long-term goals. So Satan's will then is that my short-term goals do not interfere with my long-term goals. Though the long-term goals are still of my choosing.

So does anyone consider this a RHP aspect, or more leaning to the Left?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
To me it is a LHP thing. In Recognizing Aquino to the Degree of Magus Set strengthened further Aquino's essence, enshrining within him the capability to cary out the sacred Task. Aquino would not have suffered any retribution by not manifesting the Infernal Mandate. But, again, it was Aquino who sought guidance and an answer to the question of "where do we go from here?" And received an answer from a much wiser and ancient Intelligence.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Last edited:

jasonwill2

To me it is a LHP thing. In Recognizing Aquino to the Degree of Magus Set strengthened further Aquino's essence, enshrining within him the capability to cary out the sacred Task. Aquino would not have suffered any retribution by not manifesting the Infernal Mandate. But, again, it was Aquino who sought guidance and an answer to the question of "where do we go from here." And received an answer from a much wiser and ancient Intelligence.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

I was actually referring to what I said about my relationship with Satan in the same post.

jasonwill2

To me it is a LHP thing. In Recognizing Aquino to the Degree of Magus Set strengthened further Aquino's essence, enshrining within him the capability to cary out the sacred Task. Aquino would not have suffered any retribution by not manifesting the Infernal Mandate. But, again, it was Aquino who sought guidance and an answer to the question of "where do we go from here." And received an answer from a much wiser and ancient Intelligence.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

I was actually referring to what I said about my relationship with Satan in the same post. I would think, that since Aquino did go to Set with the intent of guidance as opposed to submission, that it would be implied to be LHP. :)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
For me, I have seen that Satan is basically saying in any instance:

"you want to do X thing? Ok! Now my will is for you to accomplish X thing, and when you decide to give up, I'll push you even harder! It won't be as fun or easy as you think, but darn gone it, you will do X, even if it means you have to walk up every mountain of the world!"

So I come to the situation where Satan's will is the more appropriate one, while still having the same goal of my will. It's kind of like how one would go to someone who is more experienced to help them with something. I have to, to a degree, realize that my desires in the moment, that is, my short-term goals, may interfere with my larger will, my "True Will", let's say, or that is, my long-term goals. So Satan's will then is that my short-term goals do not interfere with my long-term goals. Though the long-term goals are still of my choosing.

So does anyone consider this a RHP aspect, or more leaning to the Left?

Well, Jason your question is hard for me to answer, for me it all depends on how much of an influence do you feel Satan has in your life. Do you look to find Satan around every major corner you turn?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

jasonwill2

Well, Jason your question is hard for me to answer, for me it all depends on how much of an influence do you feel Satan has in your life. Do you look to find Satan around every major corner you turn?

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

He's already there, so no. :D But to be serious, only at certain moments of realization do I feel like his is trying to tell me something. Though those moments are more like revelations than anything, and even then only like a fifth of the time do I think it was somehow directed by Satan. Though I think it's sometimes kind of like Xeper too when I really realize somethign that changes part of me.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
He's already there, so no. :D But to be serious, only at certain moments of realization do I feel like his is trying to tell me something. Though those moments are more like revelations than anything, and even then only like a fifth of the time do I think it was somehow directed by Satan. Though I think it's sometimes kind of like Xeper too when I really realize somethign that changes part of me.

Jason, there is no doubt in my mind that you are dedicated to your quest. Which is a quest of quest-ioning. That is the Path of Darkness, and your dedication to Satan, the Arch-Daimon, and His knowledge shows me, at least, that you have indeed crossed the threshold of the Path of the Left Hand. In my opinion you are indeed one of us. :bat:

Hail, Jason!

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Jason, there is no doubt in my mind that you are dedicated to your quest. Which is a quest of quest-ioning. That is the Path of Darkness, and your dedication to Satan, the Arch-Daimon, and His knowledge shows me, at least, that you have indeed crossed the threshold of the Path of the Left Hand. In my opinion you are indeed one of us. :bat:

Hail, Jason!

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

So what makes a dedication to Satan LHP and a dedication to Allah not LHP?

I don't dedicate anything to my gods, and I think (I know it's just a personal opinion) that's what makes someone LHP, not dedicated to any morals, actions, guidelines but your own. And not dedicated to any god but yourself.

jasonwill2

So what makes a dedication to Satan LHP and a dedication to Allah not LHP?

I don't dedicate anything to my gods, and I think (I know it's just a personal opinion) that's what makes someone LHP, not dedicated to any morals, actions, guidelines but your own. And not dedicated to any god but yourself.

My dedication to Satan is a dedication more of a teacher-student thing than it is follower-god like say Islam.

Satan isn't telling me what to do with my personal life or morality, and never really has. What he does tell me to do is get back to goal X that I really want, and gives Y advice or Z revelation about myself or something around me.

The Sum of Awe

My dedication to Satan is a dedication more of a teacher-student thing than it is follower-god like say Islam.

Satan isn't telling me what to do with my personal life or morality, and never really has. What he does tell me to do is get back to goal X that I really want, and gives Y advice or Z revelation about myself or something around me.

But to a lot of Muslims, Allah does the same. He wants you to reach goal X (heaven) and gives Y advice (which is a set of things to do) but he gives you the will to choose not to follow the set of things or not, whether you want to get back on goal X or not.

Muslims take advice from Allah, as you take them from Satan.

What's really the difference between a teacher-student relationship and a boss-employee relationship (which best describes a Muslim's relationship with Allah).

jasonwill2

But to a lot of Muslims, Allah does the same. He wants you to reach goal X (heaven) and gives Y advice (which is a set of things to do) but he gives you the will to choose not to follow the set of things or not, whether you want to get back on goal X or not.

Muslims take advice from Allah, as you take them from Satan.

What's really the difference between a teacher-student relationship and a boss-employee relationship (which best describes a Muslim's relationship with Allah).

I don't burn in Hell and I get to live my life peacefully if I decide I don't want to deal with Satan consciously. Though everyone deals with him to some degree unconsciously given he's in our very souls. There really isn't any penalty for not being a Satanist in my system, and not everyone is fit to be a Satanist.

The Sum of Awe

I don't burn in Hell and I get to live my life peacefully if I decide I don't want to deal with Satan consciously. Though everyone deals with him to some degree unconsciously given he's in our very souls. There really isn't any penalty for not being a Satanist in my system, and not everyone is fit to be a Satanist.

So you're saying if a god doesn't send you to hell if you don't acknowledge them, then it is LHP?

jasonwill2

So you're saying if a god doesn't send you to hell if you don't acknowledge them, then it is LHP?

No, I was answering your question by making a contrast.

Quite honestly, I don't think that the differences between the Left Hand Path and Right Hand Path is quite as simple and clean-cut as some people might think. Given say Infintinum's definition, I would clearly be LHP, but given the one you gave early on in the topic, it wouldn't.

Is the LHP simply not worshiping and relativistic morality? Or could it be more complex than that? I like to think that RHP = collective good/protection of the majority, LHP = good of the individual/protection of individuals

Also in the RHP the focus of the relationship of follower-god is the god, where in the LHP the focus is the 'follower'.

So in my relationship with Satan, *I* am the main focus, not him. That is why I am LHP.

The Sum of Awe

Too know what LHP and RHP is you simply have to refer to my posts.

But following from another, whether they are LHP or not, would be RHP, since you're being more like the other, being less like yourself