• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LGBT label improvement

Akivah

During my lifetime, we used to refer to same-sex people as gays, homosexuals, lesbians, or queers. Then their label changed to LGBT to try to make a single term more inclusive. Lately, I see that this label could be changed to include an I, a Q, or maybe both of them. I think there is a need to have one fixed all-inclusive label that doesn't need to be changed every year. I have thought of one.

We've been using the term "straight" to refer to heterosexuals since the 1940s. Over sixty years without change, that's a decent record. I propose that we refer to all non-heterosexuals as "curly". The word is short, neat, and clearly designates that one is "not straight". And it wouldn't have to be modified every time someone comes up with a new sexual orientation.

Maybe if yall like it, we can try to get it into circulation. What do you think? Curly!

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I can't say I care for it. It's too derivative. Heterosexual people aren't really straight, some have stupendous kinks.

I still prefer queer. Although I don't really care what you call me as long as it isn't late for dinner.
;)
Tom
Yeah, me too. I answer to anything as long as it's marginally polite, LOL.

Demonslayer

I propose that we refer to all non-heterosexuals as "curly".

I love it, I'm adopting this.

Except people might confuse it with this guy:

Curly_Howard.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
During my lifetime, we used to refer to same-sex people as gays, homosexuals, lesbians, or queers. Then their label changed to LGBT to try to make a single term more inclusive. Lately, I see that this label could be changed to include an I, a Q, or maybe both of them. I think there is a need to have one fixed all-inclusive label that doesn't need to be changed every year. I have thought of one.

We've been using the term "straight" to refer to heterosexuals since the 1940s. Over sixty years without change, that's a decent record. I propose that we refer to all non-heterosexuals as "curly". The word is short, neat, and clearly designates that one is "not straight". And it wouldn't have to be modified every time someone comes up with a new sexual orientation.

Maybe if yall like it, we can try to get it into circulation. What do you think? Curly!
I like it!
th

And non-curly people could be "Shemp".

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How about "abomination"?
Let's explore this possibility a bit.

I'm a boringly monogamously married old dude. I had my fun as a youngster, but now I am more whitebread and have less sex than most heterosexual people.
Why would you use the term "abomination" to refer to me and not Trump?
Tom

Reactions: MD

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let's explore this possibility a bit.

I'm a boringly monogamously married old dude. I had my fun as a youngster, but now I am more whitebread and have less sex than most heterosexual people.
Why would you use the term "abomination" to refer to me and not Trump?
Tom
Because you're abominable?
(As a Hillary voter, you know.)