• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Letting down the walls

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I have a lot of walls, there are very few people with whom they're down naturally, but it takes me quite a bit and quite a while to relax them, or punch a few holes in them with most people.

Some of this is a long time of keeping things to myself. Being closeted about being poly and pansexual for a long time contributed to this, but it's been a lot of things. I'm an introvert by nature though I can fake it.

I want to learn to drop these walls more effectively. Some of that is taking the risk and realizing I won't be hurt. But I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through similar situations

Thanks for reading, here's a monkey.
:monkey:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have a lot of walls, there are very few people with whom they're down naturally, but it takes me quite a bit and quite a while to relax them, or punch a few holes in them with most people.

Some of this is a long time of keeping things to myself. Being closeted about being poly and pansexual for a long time contributed to this, but it's been a lot of things. I'm an introvert by nature though I can fake it.

I want to learn to drop these walls more effectively. Some of that is taking the risk and realizing I won't be hurt. But I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through similar situations

Thanks for reading, here's a monkey.
:monkey:

Yes. Very similar situations.

I love you and your monkey. :hug:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My partner used to protect herself with layers of walls; it only took about twenty years for her to trust enough to disassemble them. Of course she's probably replaced them with other walls specific to me, but it's hard to tell from behind my own walls.