• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Letterbomb - Green Day

Rational Agnostic

I love Green Day. To understand all the lyrics of this song you have to know the story line of the whole album. But I thought I'd share it anyway, because a lot of the lyrics are insanely prophetic...

Last edited by a moderator:

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Thanks, I'll listen. Green Day is fun.

(Btw, just informational, common street language words like ****, ****, *****, hell, etc. are not profane. (not 'profanities') Not a one. (ok, I see the auto editor asterisk them, so they were f__, sh__, bit__, etc. you know) They are crude in the view of some, but I never let that bother me on the occasion when it's the right word for the moment. :) )

We get to hear "American Idiot" a lot in the house cause a teen here loves it --

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
heh heh..

Lyric at one point: "Where we will all go when it's too late?"...

Taking out of context, I like the real Big Picture (or ultimate context):

"...for from dust you came, and to dust you shall return." (Common bible, Genesis, ch 3)

I think that's a pretty clear answer, eh?

Rational Agnostic

Thanks, I'll listen. Green Day is fun.

(Btw, just informational, common street language words like ****, ****, *****, hell, etc. are not profane. (not 'profanities') Not a one. (ok, I see the auto editor asterisk them, so they were f__, sh__, bit__, etc. you know) They are crude in the view of some, but I never let that bother me on the occasion when it's the right word for the moment. :) )

We get to hear "American Idiot" a lot in the house cause a teen here loves it --

I was a big fan of Green Day in middle school and high school, then I "grew out" of listening to them for awhile, and then became an even bigger fan again. Here's another good one.

Tambourine

I was a big fan of Green Day in middle school and high school, then I "grew out" of listening to them for awhile, and then became an even bigger fan again. Here's another good one.
Same here, I sort of grew out of their brand of rock even before I graduated high school, but have been slowly starting to get back into it in the post-9/11 era.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'll always have a soft spot for this band. Letterbomb is a song I do find particularly catchy.

This one gave me tingles as a pop-punking teenager:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Same here, I sort of grew out of their brand of rock even before I graduated high school, but have been slowly starting to get back into it in the post-9/11 era.
Ah, the Warning album. That was around when I saw them and Blink-182 on the Pop Disaster Tour. I don't listen to Green Day anymore, though. Always preferred Blink-182.