• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about prayer!

In my prayers I die lonley. In my prayers I ressurrect without financial problems. In my prayers I heal myself from the raging of burdans of having done so.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your religion?
Vaishnava Hindu (devotee of Vishnu and His avatars).

Who do you pray to?
Krishna primarily, other gods and goddesses secondarily depending on why I’m praying. However, ultimately it’s Krishna who answers prayers.

How do you pray?
With Sanskrit hymns, slokas (verses from scriptures), conversation, whining. He knows I know I whine.

What do you pray about?
Praise, help and assistance, guidance, forgiveness.

What do you pray for?
Other people, animals, health.

How do you address The Almighty?
“Lord”, “Śri Bhagavan (Blessed Lord)”, “Yo! Krishna! Helloooo!?” (not really :D I rarely address Him by name). That’s just a quirk of mine that I should get rid of. I might feel closer if I got more personal. The idea of which is to surrender to Him completely.

Do you feel any closer to God when you pray?
Yes.

Why do you pray?
To keep in touch with and thank Him. To show my love as best I can as a flawed mortal.

What do you get out of praying?
Peace of mind, feeling of happiness for worshiping Him.

Have your prayers ever been answered?
I believe so, yes I am certain.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your religion?

Sanatana Dharma, specifically Advaita Vedanta.

I should preface my responses by saying that I'm not a practitioner of bhakti yoga, which is a path of devotion to a personal god. My practice is more along the lines of jnana and raja yogas; understanding and union with (as) one's true nature.

Who do you pray to?

I'm more of a meditator. If we're defining prayer as an appeal to an entity to affect change or as a simple communion with something divine, then I suppose I occasionally pray to myself. I don't see a point in praying to something that won't affect the outcome of the reason for the prayer.

How do you pray?

Silently.

What do you pray about?

I pray about a minute or so.

What do you pray for?

Depends on the need.

How do you address The Almighty?

What is The Almighty?

Do you feel any closer to God when you pray?

No.

Why do you pray?

What are you looking for that is different that "what do you pray for" asked above?

What do you get out of praying?

Desired results.

Have your prayers ever been answered?

Yes. Just this morning, as the matter of fact.

There were dirty clothes in the laundry basket and I prayed to that they would be clean. Right now the prayer is in process of being answered, as the laundry basket no longer has dirty clothes; some are in the washer, and others are in the dryer.

wellwisher

Prayers are similar to computer command lines. They can give one access to the inner self and brain's operating system. These command lines, to work properly, have to be associated with concentration and sincere feelings to be affective.

The human brain does not need a keyboard interface, to initiate thought and action, as does a computer. The brain interface is based on thinking, feeling and verbalizing. This does the same thing as the keyboard.

The prayers of the hypocrite will only reach the cerebral matter. The prayer of the sincere, will create feelings that also give access to the limbic system. This combination limbic and cerebral is the basis for the brain's writing of memory. This can help one reach the deeper parts of the brain's operating system.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There were dirty clothes in the laundry basket and I prayed to that they would be clean. Right now the prayer is in process of being answered, as the laundry basket no longer has dirty clothes; some are in the washer, and others are in the dryer.

In my prayers I pray with the help of the Holy Spirit that I continue to work with the märket I run around europé, russia and america. In my prayers I produce art, handcraft and smithery for my market. In my prayers I finance the workers I occupy with riches.

In my prayers I provide man with food and clothing.

In my prayers I give mans sons and daughters everything they ask for. All with the help of the Holy Spirit. In The name of Jesus. Amen

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my prayers I pray with the help of the Holy Spirit that I continue to work with the märket I run around europé, russia and america. In my prayers I produce art, handcraft and smithery for my market. In my prayers I finance the workers I occupy with riches.

In my prayers I provide man with food and clothing.

In my prayers I give mans sons and daughters everything they ask for. All with the help of the Holy Spirit. In The name of Jesus. Amen
Do they know you do this or do you know these people personally? or is only in your mind this worker is? Sorry if it sounds rude to ask this, I do not mean to be rude, but I do not understand how it should work,

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
<…>

Ahh, a two fer--you get clean clothes and an opportunity to do the sorting-and-folding-the-clothes meditation. (My personal favorite is the mopping-the-floor meditation. I don't get much opportunity to do the traditional chop wood, carry water meditation.)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ahh, a two fer--you get clean clothes and an opportunity to do the sorting-and-folding-the-clothes meditation. (My personal favorite is the mopping-the-floor meditation. I don't get much opportunity to do the traditional chop wood, carry water meditation.)

Yep! And after that I'm doing a clean-the-bathroom meditation. :)