• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about Hell

Danny Heim

Before we get into that, let me find out from those here if you are willing to debate with me about Hell. I am not a Christian; I am here to talk to you about your belief in Hell and hope to talk some sense into you. Now you know me. So I am asking if I am in violation here because I took this debate to the wrong place one time and got banned. But I was upfront there the same as I am here now, I just was not aware of their rules of exclusivity, it was my mistake and they had the right to act accordingly. So I want it clear here, I wish to talk to you about Hell and debate your belief in it. I do not care about any other aspect of your belief, just the Hell thing. I will post my thread starter when it is clear to me from standing members I can proceed with your blessings.

Last edited:

Danny Heim

Hey thanks for your reply. I don't know whether to take that as a dare, or are you actually informing me of something?

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Hey thanks for your reply. I don't know whether to take that as a dare, or are you actually informing me of something?

No, I'm informing you. This kind of thread belongs in the debate section of the site. This area is just discuss no, debate.

starchild

Their are many different parts to hell, one is our state of mind which deals with depression, loneliness, emptiness, confusion, etc. Then theirs the physical hell of being handicapped with the understanding that its combined with the mind in depression and such. Then theirs the spiritual hell which God customs to our needs for us to understand all aspects of God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Their are many different parts to hell, one is our state of mind which deals with depression, loneliness, emptiness, confusion, etc. Then theirs the physical hell of being handicapped with the understanding that its combined with the mind in depression and such. Then theirs the spiritual hell which God customs to our needs for us to understand all aspects of God.

....and then there is: biblical hell. That is the hell which righteous Jesus went to the day he died - Acts of the Apostles 2:27; Psalms 16:10
Jesus understood all about 'biblical hell' because even by age 12 Jesus was already well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
The old Hebrew Scriptures which teach ' sleep in death ' - Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
That is why Jesus also taught unconscious sleep in death - John 11:12-14
So, the Bible's hell is simply mankind's grave until resurrected out of temporary biblical hell.
Please notice Revelation 20:13-14 because there it lets us know that ' after ' everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' (JKV) out of biblical hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell ( the grave ).
So, there is only 'one part to biblical hell' which is mankind's temporary grave for the sleeping dead. Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place (R.I.P.)
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection......' and that future happy-and-healthy physical resurrection begins with Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
See if the mods will move it for ya.
By the way there is NO hell in the literal sense.
Just google it up and see.
Even the POPE admitted there is no literal hell.

http://www.ovrlnd.com/Cults/poprejectshell.html
POPE JOHN PAUL II REJECTS REALITY OF A LITERAL HELL

Now ain't that a hell of a note? What about all those poor people the Clergy condemned
to hell all these centuries?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
See if the mods will move it for ya.
By the way there is NO hell in the literal sense.
Just google it up and see.
Even the POPE admitted there is no literal hell.
http://www.ovrlnd.com/Cults/poprejectshell.html
POPE JOHN PAUL II REJECTS REALITY OF A LITERAL HELL
Now ain't that a hell of a note? What about all those poor people the Clergy condemned
to hell all these centuries?

The false clergy class who condemned people to a literal hell are being exposed, and happily the dead people will awaken Not to a burning place, but on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
During Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth the majority of people will be awakened from death's sleep - Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13 - to a happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. In other words, Jesus will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon us. That includes for us the getting rid of enemy death forever - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 22:2

jeager106

Premium Member
The false clergy class who condemned people to a literal hell are being exposed, and happily the dead people will awaken Not to a burning place, but on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
During Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth the majority of people will be awakened from death's sleep - Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13 - to a happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. In other words, Jesus will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon us. That includes for us the getting rid of enemy death forever - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 22:2

^^^ My beliefs and hopes also.
Faith don'cha'know. Faith...that which cannot be proved nor disproved.
Faith = a complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Proof is not possible nor required.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
^^^ My beliefs and hopes also.
Faith don'cha'know. Faith...that which cannot be proved nor disproved.
Faith = a complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Proof is not possible nor required.

Credulity ( blind faith ) don'cha'know. Credulity cannot be proved ( probably disproved )
Faith = in a religious sense, a complete trust or confidence in Jesus' teachings.
Didn't Jesus supply as required proof his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures, explaining them for us so that we can have trust and confidence in Jesus' teachings ?

jeager106

Premium Member
Credulity ( blind faith ) don'cha'know. Credulity cannot be proved ( probably disproved )
Faith = in a religious sense, a complete trust or confidence in Jesus' teachings.
Didn't Jesus supply as required proof his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures, explaining them for us so that we can have trust and confidence in Jesus' teachings ?

Yes this^^^ and I do have trust and confidence in His teaching, ergo why I claim
Christianity as my faith but claim no particular denomination.
Christian = follower of Christ.
  • Chris·tian
  • adjective
    1. a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.
A dictionary definition.

One wonders?????
Do all Christian denominations claim to be the one and only true denomination?
I'm a retired (disabled) police officer and our Chaplain was a Catholic Priest.
A well educated and respected person.
I had several conversations with this fine man.
He explained to me that there are many paths to God and did not claim the Catholic
Faith was the only true path.
Comments?
Curious don'cha'know?
As an aside I like to explain that after I was injured I endured NINE months of physical
rehab learning to walk again. I then got a grant to attend college and earned
2 degrees and finished my work life at General Motors.
Just shows to go ya that one does not need to sit around whining and crying in the
beer!:D
I collect my police pension AND a modicum of social security. ( I do live modestly.):p
I'm soooooooo retired now. Or is that tired now?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes this^^^ and I do have trust and confidence in His teaching, ergo why I claim
Christianity as my faith but claim no particular denomination.
Christian = follower of Christ.
  • Chris·tian
  • adjective
    1. a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.
A dictionary definition.
One wonders?????
Do all Christian denominations claim to be the one and only true denomination?
I'm a retired (disabled) police officer and our Chaplain was a Catholic Priest.
A well educated and respected person.
I had several conversations with this fine man.
He explained to me that there are many paths to God and did not claim the Catholic
Faith was the only true path.
Comments?
Curious don'cha'know?
As an aside I like to explain that after I was injured I endured NINE months of physical
rehab learning to walk again. I then got a grant to attend college and earned
2 degrees and finished my work life at General Motors.
Just shows to go ya that one does not need to sit around whining and crying in the
beer!:D
I collect my police pension AND a modicum of social security. ( I do live modestly.):p
I'm soooooooo retired now. Or is that tired now?

I too am tired and re-tired ( retired ). -> Isaiah 40:31 for you.
Jesus also lived modestly, and spent his time talking about God's kingdom as the solution of mankind's grief (tiredness) - Luke 4:43; Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8
Didn't Jesus use the singular that he was the ' way '.......
Jesus never used that ' wagon wheel illustration' that all spokes can lead to the same destination - Matthew 7:21-23
Jesus gave us a BIG clue as to who are the genuine 'wheat ' Christians and who are the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians by giving us his New commandment found at John 13:34-35
Jesus' genuine followers would have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus had.