• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Take It From The Top!

Kemosloby

Premium Member
They do have 7 Principles and Purposes:

• The inherent worth and dignity of every person
  • Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
  • Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
  • A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
  • The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
  • The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
  • Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
So regardless of how you try to paint it, it still has more depth and substance than your own.

It doesn't have anything with regards to religion, You can find most of that in the constittution, topped with some meaningless drivel.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Here we go....and a-one, and a-two, and a-three.

*deep breath*

OK, Everyone, I need your help again! Work through this with me, please, if yous don't mind. Here are some facts regarding my religious beliefs or interests:

#1, As for my understanding of the Divine (and as aforementioned), I am an unlimited polytheist.
#2, I am a monist.
#3, As for the Afterlife, I'm increasingly inclined towards reincarnation or rebirth.

(Sounds a bit like Hinduism so far, right? (Which I'm eternally indebted to for having first introduced me to these ideas.)Though, this next one is where things might get a bit sticky.)

#4, Owing to my own broadmindedness, I have no problem with studying sacred texts, honoring deities, or engaging in practices which originate from other cultures or religions, provided there is no appropriation being done (on my end, at least).

With all of this, my question becomes: where do I belong???
What's your take on Theravada Buddhism?

Theravada Buddhism: A Brief Introduction to Its History and Teachings

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Here we go....and a-one, and a-two, and a-three.

*deep breath*

OK, Everyone, I need your help again! Work through this with me, please, if yous don't mind. Here are some facts regarding my religious beliefs or interests:

#1, As for my understanding of the Divine (and as aforementioned), I am an unlimited polytheist.
#2, I am a monist.
#3, As for the Afterlife, I'm increasingly inclined towards reincarnation or rebirth.

(Sounds a bit like Hinduism so far, right? (Which I'm eternally indebted to for having first introduced me to these ideas.)Though, this next one is where things might get a bit sticky.)

I can't see anything other than Hinduism.

#4, Owing to my own broadmindedness, I have no problem with studying sacred texts, honoring deities, or engaging in practices which originate from other cultures or religions, provided there is no appropriation being done (on my end, at least).

I see the great faiths as God's gift to humanity so trying to claim cultural appropriation like intellectual property rights doesn't make sense to me.:)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Hinduism generally does not discriminate against other deities. Unless it's a super orthodox path. But even still the idea is that a person is free to worship whatever deity they see fit. Because such a thing is deeply personal. Each person is drawn to whatever works best for them.