• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Sit and Talk...

Sundance

Premium Member
Hey, everyone! Uh, while looking through, as well as posting in, a thread created by @LuisDantas offering a critique of a particular way at approaching other religions, I began to notice that a certain religion was the recurrent target of such critiques, the same religion with which I, as well as a few others on the Forums, identify – The Bahá’í Faith. Having thought about those various criticisms raised concerning a particular way in which some Bahá’ís or I, myself, have approached other religions, I am prepared to open up this thread for any constructive criticisms or questions from (primarily) my Hindu and Buddhist brothers and sisters, though of course, my brothers and sisters who follow other religions (or none) are, as well, more than free to chime in with any questions or constructive criticisms. Additionally, I’m going to give my own thoughtful responses to each. This thread is designed to give me some new methods, some new considerations in my approaching other religions, going back to the quote from the Kitáb-i-Aqdas:

“Consort ye with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship!”

So, have at me....hahahahaha!! Peace and Blessings to one and all.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hey, everyone! Uh, while looking through, as well as posting in, a thread created by @LuisDantas offering a critique of a particular way at approaching other religions, I began to notice that a certain religion was the recurrent target of such critiques, the same religion with which I, as well as a few others on the Forums, identify – The Bahá’í Faith. Having thought about those various criticisms raised concerning a particular way in which some Bahá’ís or I, myself, have approached other religions, I am prepared to open up this thread for any constructive criticisms or questions from (primarily) my Hindu and Buddhist brothers and sisters, though of course, my brothers and sisters who follow other religions (or none) are, as well, more than free to chime in with any questions or constructive criticisms. Additionally, I’m going to give my own thoughtful responses to each. This thread is designed to give me some new methods, some new considerations in my approaching other religions, going back to the quote from the Kitáb-i-Aqdas:

“Consort ye with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship!”

So, have at me....hahahahaha!! Peace and Blessings to one and all.

Please forgive me. Can you clarify your OP. Are you saying that many people critique the Bahai religion (assuming Buddhist and Hindu by context of your OP) and you'd like to answer any questions or criticisms we may have of the Bahai faith?

Sundance

Premium Member
If I create a religion on my own, are you obligated to maintain friendly fellowship with me, no matter my doctrines and dogmas?

Greetings and peace, buddhist! I would have an answer, although I am not sure about the nature of your question. Is it combative or constructive? If it is combative, then I must ask for a constructive question or else any further interaction between us will not occur. This is not the thread for it.

Sundance

Premium Member
Please forgive me. Can you clarify your OP. Are you saying that many people critique the Bahai religion (assuming Buddhist and Hindu by context of your OP) and you'd like to answer any questions or criticisms we may have of the Bahai faith?

Well, Carlita, yes. Though, the critiques to which I refer specifically relate to some criticisms I have read on one of @LuisDantas's earlier threads.

Do you have anything you'd like to ask or say concerning how my faith approaches other religions?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well, Carlita, yes. Though, the critiques to which I refer specifically relate to some criticisms I have read on one of @LuisDantas's earlier threads.

Do you have anything you'd like to ask or say concerning how my faith approaches other religions?

I have noticed that Bahai here are really the only ones who ask other people to ask them about their faith. I notice a lot eastern faiths is less to share unless asked. Of course, the other end is the evangelical.

I'd have to think of some questions; but, I like your approach.

Sundance

Premium Member
I have noticed that Bahai here are really the only ones who ask other people to ask them about their faith. I notice a lot eastern faiths is less to share unless asked. Of course, the other end is the evangelical.

I'd have to think of some questions; but, I like your approach.

Well, I am one for doing so. Although, not too many know that much about us...

And thank you.

buddhist

Greetings and peace, buddhist! I would have an answer, although I am not sure about the nature of your question. Is it combative or constructive? If it is combative, then I must ask for a constructive question or else any further interaction between us will not occur. This is not the thread for it.
It was a neutral statement, impelled by curiosity.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
No, this is not, syncretic. This thread is a discussion thread. You didn't read my post fully, dude.
The other posts indicated that you were having this discussion in a manner that is like a 'ask about Baha'i', how they /approach other religions. which is part of the Baha'i religion, they use different parts from other religions. wheres the discussion, not noticing it.
If you want to use this type of format, though, whatever

Sundance

Premium Member
It was a neutral statement, impelled by curiosity.

Then, truly, all is well! But I have a question for you, as a Buddhist: do you have any criticism about the way many Bahá’ís approach your religion?

Sundance

Premium Member
The other posts indicated that you were having this discussion in a manner that is like a 'ask about Ba'hai', how they /approach other religions. which is part of the Ba'hai religion, they use different parts from other religions. wheres the discussion, not noticing it.
If you want to use this type of format, though, whatever

No. This is what I said through my introductory post:

“If ever I, or any Bahá’í, have misunderstood your religion (speaking to primarily Hindus and Buddhists, but really anyone) in any way, shape, or form, or presented our different interpretations of any aspects thereof as being superior or more authentic than your own, I'm truly sorry. Show me the right understanding, and I will work to adjust to my own perspective accordingly.”

buddhist

Then, truly, all is well! But I have a question for you, as a Buddhist: do you have any criticism about the way many Bahá’ís approach your religion?
No, as I do not personally know any Bahais, unfortunately.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
@DJ_sXe I am very knowledgeable about the Baha'i Faith. I am also a Advaita Hindu, so I am a good one to address your OP. I'll be honest that I am an ex-Baha'i (but in no way anti-Baha'i). I do not see any indication that Bahá’u’lláh was really acquainted with eastern religions; i.e. Buddhism and Hinduism. The Baha'i Faith presents these as earlier dispensations in the line with middle-eastern dispensations. And that these were earlier and less advanced than the Baha'i dispensation. It seems the Baha'i Faith wants to force-fit eastern religions into the mold of a religion started by a manifestation of God for its time and place. This isn't really true at all for Hinduism for example.

Let me know if there are any other issues you would like to discuss with me.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What is a ''constructive question''?

No. This is what I said through my introductory post:

“If ever I, or any Bahá’í, have misunderstood your religion (speaking to primarily Hindus and Buddhists, but really anyone) in any way, shape, or form, or presented our different interpretations of any aspects thereof as being superior or more authentic than your own, I'm truly sorry. Show me the right understanding, and I will work to adjust to my own perspective accordingly.”

Sundance

Premium Member
@DJ_sXe I am very knowledgeable about the Baha'i Faith. I am also a Advaita Hindu, so I am a good one to address your OP. I'll be honest that I am an ex-Baha'i (but in no way anti-Baha'i). I do not see any indication that Bahá’u’lláh was really acquainted with eastern religions; i.e. Buddhism and Hinduism. The Baha'i Faith presents these as earlier dispensations in the line with middle-eastern dispensations. And that these were earlier and less advanced than the Baha'i dispensation. It seems the Baha'i Faith wants to force-fit eastern religions into the mold of a religion started by a manifestation of God for its time and place. This isn't really true at all for Hinduism for example.

Let me know if there are any other issues you would like to discuss with me.

Thank you, George, for your very constructive comment!

Admittedly, Bahá’u’lláh was probably not too acquainted with Hinduism, or Buddhism, seeing as He was reared in a Middle Eaatern nation (Iran), He would have been far more so with Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Zoroastrianism.

You mention earlier religions not being advanced according to Bahá’ís. I perceive that that's more so pertaining to the time, the day and age in which we as human beings have lived and in which the Religions were revealed, not so much with the Religions in and of themselves.

With the adaptation of eastern religions into such a context, well....my own understanding is that that is reflective of the Bahá’í Faith as an Abrahamic tradition: prophets/messengers. I am willing to adjust my perspective according to the realities of it.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Thank you, George, for your very constructive comment!

Admittedly, Bahá’u’lláh was probably not too acquainted with Hinduism, or Buddhism, seeing as He was reared in a Middle Eaatern nation (Iran), He would have been far more so with Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Zoroastrianism.

You mention earlier religions not being advanced according to Bahá’ís. I perceive that that's more so pertaining to the time, the day and age in which we as human beings have lived and in which the Religions were revealed, not so much with the Religions in and of themselves.

With the force-fitting of eastern religions into such a context, well....that is reflective of the Bahá’í Faith as an Abrahamic tradition: prophets/messengers. I am willing to adjust my perspective according to the realities of it.
I will PM you.