• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Actually from the christians that joined the army.
All Constantine did was make christianity the official religion...................

Wrong because none of Jesus' followers went into the military.
The after-the-first-century so-called followers joined the army.
Constantine made so-callled Christianity (Christendom) the state religion.
It was to him acceptable that the non-Christians could then mix the biblical with the non-bilbical as being biblical.
That is what the churches of Christendom are today: a mixture of Jesus' teachings with non-Jesus teachings.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is it omissions/contradictions or just 'out of context' ideas.
Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written..." (OT) thus expounding and explaining the OT for us.
Jesus used logical reasoning on the OT on which to base his teachings.
Which one of Jesus' teachings is wrong ______________

There are omissions between the different versions of the bible, and there are contradictions by the bucket load throughout

It is written that Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written..." I have issues about whether JC actually lived as described in the bible. It just does not tally with roman law of the period

What JC said is not in question here (although it can be questioned). The teachings of the OT are what promotes violence

ChristineM

Premium Member
The ancient manuscripts can be compared with any and all translations.
The internal harmony among the many Bible writers is seen by the corresponding cross-reference verses and passages.
The apocryphal books simply exclude themselves being out of harmony with the harmonious '66' Bible books.

Nope

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wrong because none of Jesus' followers went into the military.
The after-the-first-century so-called followers joined the army.
Constantine made so-callled Christianity (Christendom) the state religion.
It was to him acceptable that the non-Christians could then mix the biblical with the non-bilbical as being biblical.
That is what the churches of Christendom are today: a mixture of Jesus' teachings with non-Jesus teachings.

I suggest you learn some history of rome

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There are omissions between the different versions of the bible, and there are contradictions by the bucket load throughout
It is written that Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written..." I have issues about whether JC actually lived as described in the bible. It just does not tally with roman law of the period
What JC said is not in question here (although it can be questioned). The teachings of the OT are what promotes violence

The Golden Rule of OT Leviticus 19:18 is Not about violence.
The cities of refuge are Not about violence.
The first 'Ten Commandments' out of over 600 are Not about violence.
Yes, the people of Noah's Day were violent (Genesis 6:11) and if God had Not involved Himself in human affairs there would have been No one righteous left on Earth.

A version and a translation can be two different things.
A translation can be compared with the ancient manuscripts to show there are No translation contradictions.

I find nothing violent about the stopping of war earth wide as mentioned at Psalms 46:9

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yup, when Jesus' comes the world will 'see' (with the mind's eye) that he was right.
Mankind keeps trying to knock down the ' spider webs ' but they keep returning.
Returning because the world can't get rid of the super-human spider aka Satan.
So, only a Super-Human can fix the super-human problems. Jesus can and will.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Examine whatever you like, it makes no difference to the vast array of different bibles versions and the multitude of different sects.

And back to the beginning, it is unfortunate that many Christians have and do consider violence and war to be a valid way to spread Christianity

Self sacrificing love gives way to greed.
The only difference will be when what has been foretold happens. Have a good one.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The Golden Rule of OT Leviticus 19:18 is Not about violence.
The cities of refuge are Not about violence.
The first 'Ten Commandments' out of over 600 are Not about violence.
Yes, the people of Noah's Day were violent (Genesis 6:11) and if God had Not involved Himself in human affairs there would have been No one righteous left on Earth.

A version and a translation can be two different things.
A translation can be compared with the ancient manuscripts to show there are No translation contradictions.

I find nothing violent about the stopping of war earth wide as mentioned at Psalms 46:9

You mean there would have been no sycophant god worshipers to go and raid others lands, kill wives and steal virgin daughters to use as sex slaves, one can only guess how they made their selection.
Numbers 31:17-18

Individual translations contract themselves across both old and new testament
Example, how did Saulus (Saul) die? 3 different ways, perhaps even 4

ChristineM

Premium Member
Jesus nor his 1st-century followers got involved in the issues of the day between the Jews verses the Romans.
They remained neutral and modern-day 'wheat' Christians are also neutral as Jesus was.

They had no choice, Rome was the authority, follow roman law of face the consequences

YoursTrue

Yup, when Jesus' comes the world will 'see' (with the mind's eye) that he was right.
I read more and more editorials from newspapers (non-religious sources) about just how bad the world is becoming, blah blah with the political intrigues one way or the other. Yet with all the increase of crime, it ain't getting any better. Unless, of course, one might argue that a few deaths by murder here and there just doesn't equate to problematic. It's all evolution, they mght say. All evolution. :)

ChristineM

Premium Member

I'll wait

YoursTrue

You mean there would have been no sycophant god worshipers to go and raid others lands, kill wives and steal virgin daughters to use as sex slaves, one can only guess how they made their selection.
Numbers 31:17-18
That's history. But then you might attribute it to evolution, huh?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I read more and more editorials from newspapers (non-religious sources) about just how bad the world is becoming, blah blah with the political intrigues one way or the other. Yet with all the increase of crime, it ain't getting any better. Unless, of course, one might argue that a few deaths by murder here and there just doesn't equate to problematic. It's all evolution, they mght say. All evolution. :)

And has always happened, even in the OT there were murdering massacres far worse than most of todays crimes

YoursTrue

And has always happened, even in the OT there were murdering massacres far worse than most of todays crimes
Oh, far worse you say. Not that it matters, but I guess you don't read up about more modern massacres...wow, sad.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Oh, far worse you say. Not that it matters, but I guess you don't read up about more modern massacres...wow, sad.

Oh wow, personal insult now, i must be getting to you.

Throughout history it is estimated that close on a billion people have died in wars of religion. When you can match that in modern times come back and try again