• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You did not understand what that said. He was talking about the temperature. That was why I challenged you to tell me what that is in mass. If you understand what you are talking about at all you should be able to do that.

But that was not what I asked you. I asked you in the present tense what is the total mass of the universe. I even told you how to Google search it. But congratulations on fixing one of your past errors. Now let's see if you can admit to it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Theoretical BB you mean, a conception created in the mind of relatively lowly evolved human creatures based on contemporary limited scientific understanding. When the universe was about the size of a human being, about 10-35 seconds after the BB beginning, what came before it? What do you think was the cause of this event? Where did the energy come from?
This has been explained many times, and the answer is there is no definitive answer in terms of causation.
I am not knocking science, I am calling it as it is.
Yes, you are as we've seen so many come through here with similar agendas to discount scientific evidence so they can push a religious agenda.

BTW, my old "Signature Statement", which I still do believe in btw, went like this: "Whatever caused this universe/multiverse I'll call 'God' and pretty much just leave it at that."

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This has been explained many times, and the answer is there is no definitive answer in terms of causation.

Yes, you are as we've seen so many come through here with similar agendas to discount scientific evidence so they can push a religious agenda.

BTW, my old "Signature Statement", which I still do believe in btw, went like this: "Whatever caused this universe/multiverse I'll call 'God' and pretty much just leave it at that."

Love the bold one.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Unfortunately scientific research depends on financial funding, where does most of the money come from if not governments. The people in power will fund and/or defund how they see fit, politics can and does have bias. If theologians got to make the scientific funding decisions, the science would turn out different than say, if atheists got to decide funding priorities
Numerous sources, and government does not dictate what we do in science. How it may be applied, sometimes that's the case.
In any case, this is not heaven, science as it is deals with the material world, and as Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of this world".
Yep.
So the Kingdom of which Jesus spoke is not the 5% observable BB universe, where and how is the spiritual kingdom to be found?
IMO, likely from within ourselves through God's Spirit.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes it was, and let's not forget my question to you, if energy can not be created or destroyed, was the 10^15 Gev present at 10^-100 seconds?
Nope, you keep screwing the pooch. You did not understand what he meant by that phrase, I know that because I have at least a clue how much energy that would be and also because that was in the past and not the present. Though it was likely to be the same.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You did not understand what that said. He was talking about the temperature. That was why I challenged you to tell me what that is in mass. If you understand what you are talking about at all you should be able to do that.

But that was not what I asked you. I asked you in the present tense what is the total mass of the universe. I even told you how to Google search it. But congratulations on fixing one of your past errors. Now let's see if you can admit to it.
Let's not forget that the BB is all theory and belief in the theory by the relatively primitive humans of the planet. All the humans that believe in the BB are most probably imho, wrong about a beginning to the universe. You believe because of the 'monkey see, monkey do' principle, ie., fall in line with the atheistic educational teaching. The universe is eternal and never had a beginning, and until science can explain why and how it came into existence, the BB should be taken only as a hypothetical model that challenges the more reasonable steady state eternal cosmos.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

God is not separate from the universe, God is omnipresent imho. To suggest that God is not universally omnipresent, is to believe the universe has no God presence. God therefore would not only be not omnipresent, but also not omnipotent or omniscient because the universe is a God exclusion zone.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Numerous sources, and government does not dictate what we do in science. How it may be applied, sometimes that's the case.

Yep.

IMO, likely from within ourselves through God's Spirit.
Ok you agree that God's spirit is within humans, but not within the rest of the universe?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let's not forget that the BB is all theory and belief in the theory by the relatively primitive humans of the planet. All the humans that believe in the BB are most probably imho, wrong about a beginning to the universe. You believe because of the 'monkey see, monkey do' principle, ie., fall in line with the atheistic educational teaching. The universe is eternal and never had a beginning, and until science can explain why and how it came into existence, the BB should be taken only as a hypothetical model that challenges the more reasonable steady state eternal cosmos.
Okay,, so you do not even understand what a theory is. You are quite wrong as usual. One does not have to "believe" a theory. That is what one does with religious beliefs that have no reliable evidence. One accepts the theory because it is well supported by evidence. Where there is no evidence for any god or gods.

You may believe because of "monkey see monkey do". That is the most likely explanation for your religions believes. You should not assume that others have your flaws.

Would it make you feel better if it was the Law of the Big Bang? We could call it that, but I do not think that the theory would appreciate the demotion.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Nope, you keep screwing the pooch. You did not understand what he meant by that phrase, I know that because I have at least a clue how much energy that would be and also because that was in the past and not the present. Though it was likely to be the same.
Haha, you claim to know how much universal energy there is, or was, and expect me to believe you. I suggest you do not know, what I suggest you know is an energy level you read somewhere about the theory of the BB and believe it is true. Belief is not the same thing as knowing, it is remembering something, like a parrot. Unfortunately, atheists are all about belief, they see the world through conceptualization and never realize it for what it really is.

The dogmatic belief of an atheist is that there is no God, so says SZ. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Haha, you claim to know how much universal energy there is, or was, and expect me to believe you. I suggest you do not know, what I suggest you know is an energy level you read somewhere about the theory of the BB and believe it is true. Belief is not the same thing as knowing, it is remembering something, like a parrot. Unfortunately, atheists are all about belief, they see the world through conceptualization and never realize it for what it really is.

The dogmatic belief of an atheist is that there is no God, so says SZ. :rolleyes:
Oh my, another epic fail. There is no dogma in atheism. And atheism is not necessarily a belief that there is no God either.

Also I told you to the phrase to use for your Google search. You would have gotten the right answer instead of the one that you did not understand. You have not converted the figure that you said was the total energy of the universe to kilograms yet. Why is that? Can't you even do simply math? If you admit that you cannot I will do it for you. I will show you the formulas and do the math. You will be able to understand it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Okay,, so you do not even understand what a theory is. You are quite wrong as usual. One does not have to "believe" a theory. That is what one does with religious beliefs that have no reliable evidence. One accepts the theory because it is well supported by evidence. Where there is no evidence for any god or gods.

You may believe because of "monkey see monkey do". That is the most likely explanation for your religions believes. You should not assume that others have your flaws.

Would it make you feel better if it was the Law of the Big Bang? We could call it that, but I do not think that the theory would appreciate the demotion.
Really, to what grade did you learn science, or is that an English weakness.? A theory is a theory, that is its reality, a theory may mean to represent a reality, but it is not the same as the reality it represents. BB theory does not equate with an actual BB, it is an theoretical explanation of what someone thinks, Then SZ comes along and believes the BB theory and thinks it is correct and believes in it. You believe your belief is the same as an actual BB. :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really, to what grade did you learn science, or is that an English weakness.? A theory is a theory, that is its reality, a theory may mean to represent a reality, but it is not the same as the reality it represents. BB theory does not equate with an actual BB, it is an theoretical explanation of what someone thinks, Then SZ comes along and believes the BB theory and thinks it is correct and believes in it. You believe your belief is the same as an actual BB. :D
No, a theory is as good as it gets in the sciences. There are no official rankings, but if there was one at the very top would be a scientific theory. You are conflating the way that the general publics uses the word with a totally different concept.

Your projection is also immense. You screwed up, and you are terribly afraid of that fact. If you were not you would have either done the simple homework that your claim demands of you or you would have admitted that you could not do so and you would have asked med to show you how it was done.

So are still going to run away from reasonable requests?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Oh my, another epic fail. There is no dogma in atheism. And atheism is not necessarily a belief that there is no God either.

Also I told you to the phrase to use for your Google search. You would have gotten the right answer instead of the one that you did not understand. You have not converted the figure that you said was the total energy of the universe to kilograms yet. Why is that? Can't you even do simply math? If you admit that you cannot I will do it for you. I will show you the formulas and do the math. You will be able to understand it.
Merely your claim, you imho are a dogmatic atheist based on my experience.

Understand what, a theory that has no beginning because there was no time, and so we are asked to believe universe came from nothing, Show me the math that shows how the BB started and where the energy came from nothing, and see if I understand?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Merely your claim, you imho are a dogmatic atheist based on my experience.

Understand what, a theory that has no beginning because there was no time, and so we are asked to believe universe came from nothing, Show me the math that shows how the BB started and where the energy came from nothing, and see if I understand?
No, not just my claim. But you do not even know how to ask questions properly. How can you learn when you will not acknowledge your obvious errors and you do not even know how to ask questions? You are going to be stuck at a ninth grade level of scientific literacy or lower forever.

And please, no strawman arguments involving the science that you do not understand..

Do your homework or admit that the math is beyond you.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, a theory is as good as it gets in the sciences. There are no official rankings, but if there was one at the very top would be a scientific theory. You are conflating the way that the general publics uses the word with a totally different concept.

Your projection is also immense. You screwed up, and you are terribly afraid of that fact. If you were not you would have either done the simple homework that your claim demands of you or you would have admitted that you could not do so and you would have asked med to show you how it was done.

So are still going to run away from reasonable requests?
No, a theory is not as good as it gets in science, how about replication. Science is meant to help humanity, and a lot of it has, electricity, rockets, moon landings, nuclear power, etc.

The best way is to approach darkness is with light, expose the ignorance that lurks in the dark, and it will be transformed.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, not just my claim. But you do not even know how to ask questions properly. How can you learn when you will not acknowledge your obvious errors and you do not even know how to ask questions? You are going to be stuck at a ninth grade level of scientific literacy or lower forever.

And please, no strawman arguments involving the science that you do not understand..

Do your homework or admit that the math is beyond you.
Oh c'mon, you are dogmatic wrt atheism, that's ok, that's who you are.

One more time, belief in something, even dogmatic belief, does not make it real, it is just cerebral popcorn going off.

Math on BB beginning or it didn't happen!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, a theory is not as good as it gets in science, how about replication. Science is meant to help humanity, and a lot of it has, electricity, rockets, moon landings, nuclear power, etc.

The best way is to approach darkness is with light, expose the ignorance that lurks in the dark, and it will be transformed.
You have your concept of "replication" wrong. The evidence needs to be repeatable. That means if I observe something others have to be able to make the same observation and that is what happens with the Big Bang theory. Any person can make an error in observation. That is why observations need to be repeatable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh c'mon, you are dogmatic wrt atheism, that's ok, that's who you are.

One more time, belief in something, even dogmatic belief, does not make it real, it is just cerebral popcorn going off.

Math on BB beginning or it didn't happen!
How so? What dogma have I demonstrated? It appears that you are making false accusations using words that you do not understand.

And your last sentence is unclear and appears to have a false conclusion if you are trying to say what I think that you are saying.

But remember, I have answered your questions time and time again. You screwed up in your answers time and time again. And to show this you need to convert that energy you quoted into mass. But you are either very very afraid that you are wrong or cannot do it. All that you have to do is admit that you cannot do the simple math and I will complete it for you. You put the burden of proof upon me by admitting that you can't do it.

Your turn to answer. Once you have shown at least a good faith effort then you can ask me questions.