• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The point of it was to suggest those scenarios shown are now proven to be totally false, regardless if you believe it. It you're happy to believe a lie forever, hand in there comrade.
No matter that I've read a few things by theoretical physicists, I'm going to tell you, if they're happy postulating what they think may be true, each to his own.

YoursTrue

Again, it's the evidence I want and no one can provide it.
I was just listening to a lecture by a scientist and he admitted he didn't understand certain ideas when he was early in his career. Just to clarify, he said he's an atheist. OK, but then later he began to realize there were others who understood more about the possibilities and aspects of the universe than he did. He's still an atheist.
Now, going back to God, I had been an atheist. I used to say there is no God. I'm not going to tell you my experience, but things happened that made me come to a realization different than the belief I had earlier namely that there was no God. I don't ask you to believe me about God. But I believe what happened and I also believe that even though the universe is likely full of energy, there IS a God, a Mastermaker.

YoursTrue

@Boris Norris It bothered me when the person told me only God could give me faith. Because I didn't believe in God. Now I do. Saul, who became the apostle Paul, told his experience. Many didn't believe him. I'm not Paul. I'm not going to tell my experience but I can tell you it changed me entirely.

I was just listening to a lecture by a scientist and he admitted he didn't understand certain ideas when he was early in his career. Just to clarify, he said he's an atheist. OK, but then later he began to realize there were others who understood more about the possibilities and aspects of the universe than he did. He's still an atheist.
Now, going back to God, I had been an atheist. I used to say there is no God. I'm not going to tell you my experience, but things happened that made me come to a realization different than the belief I had earlier namely that there was no God. I don't ask you to believe me about God. But I believe what happened and I also believe that even though the universe is likely full of energy, there IS a God, a Mastermaker.
Being an atheist means believing there is no evidence of god. Can I assume your change was because you saw evidence?
If so, what?

@Boris Norris It bothered me when the person told me only God could give me faith. Because I didn't believe in God. Now I do. Saul, who became the apostle Paul, told his experience. Many didn't believe him. I'm not Paul. I'm not going to tell my experience but I can tell you it changed me entirely.
That does not instill any confidence in me that you are sincere in anything religious.
Perhaps what you think you saw was the delusions that a lot see. What is written in the Bible cannot be taken as fact and you know that.

YoursTrue

It always ends when the evidence is requested.
You have plenty of people here who say they believe in God even though they pick and choose what they believe. Why not ask others why they believe in God? I just give my opinion sometimes about what a person may say or reveal about himself in relation to what I believe perhaps.

You have plenty of people here who say they believe in God even though they pick and choose what they believe. Why not ask others why they believe in God? I just give my opinion sometimes about what a person may say or reveal about himself in relation to what I believe perhaps.
I don't believe I have millions in the bank without the evidence. Honestly, if people are so certain there's a god, proof should be at their fingertips.

YoursTrue

Being an atheist means believing there is no evidence of god. Can I assume your change was because you saw evidence?
If so, what?
I'm not going to tell you. There are those who come to realizations from different aspects. Some thought Jesus was crazy or had a demon. Similarly with the apostle Paul.

YoursTrue

I don't believe I have millions in the bank without the evidence. Honestly, if people are so certain there's a god, proof should be at their fingertips.
Last point. Aside from the fact that the U.S. banks may be in trouble anyway. But the proof for me against the idea of God is not if energy or gravity caused a universe to be formed, therefore possibly nullifying the idea of a God needed for such. Religions in general have done a terrible job of helping mankind. Have a good night. (P.S. I'm not going to fight about the Bible.)

YoursTrue

Of course you won't because I suspect you don't have a valid reason supported by evidence.
Sorry, that made me laugh. But again -- I do wish you a good night. I tend to laugh easily sometimes where other people probably would not. It was not an easy journey for me.

YoursTrue

Again, @Boris Norris I now see evidence of God all day. But before my realization that God existed, I really did not see that because of the mixup in the world.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The point of it was to suggest those scenarios shown are now proven to be totally false, regardless if you believe it. It you're happy to believe a lie forever, hand in there comrade.
Who are you addressing, myself or YoursTrue?
What scenarios are proven to be totally false?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Just like now, there are a few people whose knowledge of cosmic reality is way beyond anything known by science, but the education system and msm only deal with the average human evolutionary stage, the top of the 'bell curve'. So the average Joe Blow was not aware the world was not flat in AD times. Looks like you think human beings are all at the same stage of evolution,:cool:
Any Greek sailor would have known the sea curves towards the horizon and that distant ships, and land itself, sink and eventually disappear below it as one gets farther away. So they would have known the Earth was not flat. A shepherd, up the hills, perhaps not.

One does not judge the knowledge of a civilisation merely by what the man in the street knows. For instance, a wire carrying an electric current at right angles to a magnetic field experiences a force at right angles to both. That's the principle of the electric motors we have all around us. But the average Joe Blow won't know that, if you stop him in the street and ask. Does that mean we, as a civilisation, don't know that?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Any Greek sailor would have known the sea curves towards the horizon and that distant ships, and land itself, sink and eventually disappear below it as one gets farther away. So they would have known the Earth was not flat. A shepherd, up the hills, perhaps not.

One does not judge the knowledge of a civilisation merely by what the man in the street knows. For instance, a wire carrying an electric current at right angles to a magnetic field experiences a force at right angles to both. That's the principle of the electric motors we have all around us. But the average Joe Blow won't know that, if you stop him in the street and ask. Does that mean we, as a civilisation, don't know that?
Precisely, we live in an age of mass education and media, the masses believe the universe came from a BB because their science teachers and/or talking heads on a TV science program tells them. I personally will not accept BBT unless or until all my outstanding questions have been answered.

What caused the BB?
Has there been other BBs?
What existed before the BB?
What is happening to the dark energy as the universe expands?
What constitutes dark energy?
The list goes on!

As of now, I accept an eternal infinite universe, for me it is case of simple logic, it couldn't be any other way.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Precisely, we live in an age of mass education and media, the masses believe the universe came from a BB because their science teachers and/or talking heads on a TV science program tells them. I personally will not accept BBT unless or until all my outstanding questions have been answered.

What caused the BB?
Has there been other BBs?
What existed before the BB?
What is happening to the dark energy as the universe expands?
What constitutes dark energy?
The list goes on!

As of now, I accept an eternal infinite universe, for me it is case of simple logic, it couldn't be any other way.
And dishonest with it.......