• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
They had no choice, Rome was the authority, follow roman law of face the consequences

Yes, faced the Roman consequences of being thrown to the lions.
True today. Look at Russia today if you preach you can end up in jail.
True Christians can often end up in Russian jails.

When Germany was the authority the Christians faced the camps as the bad consequences.
Unlike the Jews, the Christians could leave the camps if they renounced their faith.

None of this means that genuine followers of Jesus should put 'Caesar' first - Acts of the Apostles 5:29

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'll wait
Yes, but wait as in having a waiting attitude as found at Lamentations 3:21; Lamentations 3:24; Lamentations 3:26.
While waiting keep awake, keep on the watch as Jesus said to do at Mark 13:33-37
So, while waiting keep Alert! - World needs more 'Lerts !

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What 3 or 4 ways_______________
Vengeance is God's ( Nahum 1:2)
It was God's vengeance on Midian (Numbers 31:1-12) and the spoils of ' war ' (Numbers 31:13-54)
The female captives were Not sex slaves - Deuteronomy 21:11,14 - they were allowed to become ' wives ' because they were left without family.

1 Samuel 31:4-6 says Saul killed himself by falling on his sword.
2 Samuel 1:2-10 says Saul, at his own request, was slain by an Amalekite.
2 Samuel 21:12 says Saul was killed by the Philistines on Gilboa.
1 Chronicles 10:13-14 says Saul was slain by God.

Spoils of war in the name of a bloodthirsty and violent god does not help your cause.

And do you really think a young virgin girl who has just seen her family massacred by her captor would willingly marry that captor? Honestly?

She would spend her life in fear, forced to give up her body to her captor for fear death and of loathing with nothing in return. That!y dear is sex slavery,it doesn't matter how the bible pretties it up

gnostic

The Lost One
Me, oh my, surprised (amazed) you can't, with all your intelligence, figure it out. Let me guess before I tell you what "I" think. You're saying that Jesus' prophecy about the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem by the Romans was written after the event. Did I guess correctly? And let me guess more -- you're saying that it's all kind of made up about Jesus. Did I guess that correctly, too?

The four gospels were composed at different times:

Mark, between 65 and 75 CE

Matthew, between 75 and 85 CE

Luke, also between 75 a12
John, between 85 and 105 CE​

None of these were contemporary eyewitness accounts.

The longer the period between the "event" and "writing" of that event, the most likely to be distorted, embellished and becoming unreliable.

If the gospels were written between 30 and 45, it would have less embellishments than they already have now.

The points are that we really don't know what Jesus taught, because the gospels are older than the writings of apostle Paul, and much of the gospels were probably more of Paul's teachings than that of Jesus'.

And btw, though Jerusalem fell in 70 CE, the rebellion occurred even earlier this date. Militarily, it started in 66 CE, but politic was emperor.al and socially, the tensions were brewing since Tiberius and Caligula were emperors.

Examples:
  • Tiberius ordered Jews to be conscripts into the Roman army (Auxilia units).
  • Tiberius expelling Jews from Rome.
  • Caligula ordering statue of him to be erected in the temple.
  • Encounters between Greek and Jewish residents in Alexandria, Egypt.
  • And then there were always the issues of taxes, ever since Judaea was annexed in 6 CE (Augustus' reign), and transform into Roman province. In Augustus' days, taxes were far lower than that of Syria and Egypt, but with each imperial reign, taxes were increased.

During Tiberius and Caligula, major rebellions didn't happen, but with Caligula, he was assassinated before statue could left dock in Ostia (a town and port near Rome).

Claudius was more conciliatory to the Jews...then problems flared up again in Nero’s reign.

The confrontations between Romans and Jews were to be expected, sooner or later. So it is not much of prophecy that the temple would be in ruins...especially how late these 4 gospels were composed.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I read more and more editorials from newspapers (non-religious sources) about just how bad the world is becoming, blah blah with the political intrigues one way or the other. Yet with all the increase of crime, it ain't getting any better. Unless, of course, one might argue that a few deaths by murder here and there just doesn't equate to problematic. It's all evolution, they might say. All evolution. :)
I suppose by saying ' evolution ' that means: Not responsible to anyone or anything. An excuse to do bad.
Today's super-human problems need a Super-Human Hero.

ChristineM

Premium Member
True Christians can often end up in Russian jails

As can muslims, hindus, buddhists and atheists for preaching dessent.
FYI. Russia is among one of the most devout Christian countries in the world, a considerable greater proportion of the population holds to Christianity than say... America.

When Germany was the authority the Christians faced the camps as the bad consequences.

Oh how wrong. Germany was and still is a Protestant nation. Those facing camps were atheist, gypsies, non whites, and dissenters

put 'Caesar' first

Ceasar (Rome) was the governing authority

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1 Samuel 31:4-6 says Saul killed himself by falling on his sword.
2 Samuel 1:2-10 says Saul, at his own request, was slain by an Amalekite.
2 Samuel 21:12 says Saul was killed by the Philistines on Gilboa.
1 Chronicles 10:13-14 says Saul was slain by God.
And do you really think a young virgin girl who has just seen her family massacred by her captor would willingly marry that captor? Honestly?.............
Would a young girl (does not have to mean a minor) mind being rescued_______Deuteronomy 21:13
Remember: she could leave.
1 Sam 31 is right
2 Sam 1 please notice the person lied - 2 Samuel 1:16 (Notice after verse 12 verse 16 )
2 Sam 21 the Philistines took already dead Saul - 1 Chronicles 10:8 ( the next day....)
1 Chron. 10:14 God allowed Saul to kill himself.
1 Samuel 13:13 Saul acted foolishly......

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As can muslims, hindus, buddhists and atheists for preaching dessent.
FYI. Russia is among one of the most devout Christian countries in the world, a considerable greater proportion of the population holds to Christianity than say... America.
Oh how wrong. Germany was and still is a Protestant nation. Those facing camps were atheist, gypsies, non whites, and dissenters
Ceasar (Rome) was the governing authority

Communism is Not Christian.
The Russian Church is for the political and Not for Christ.
The church should Not biblically back the Russian War with Ukrane.
Christian in name only does Not make one a genuine follower of Christ.

I never heard that Germany is still a Protestant nation because I did Not know Protestants are: anti - atheists, gypsies, non-whites and dissenters, besides those who wore the purple triangle in the world war.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Would a young girl ( does not have to mean a minor ) mind being rescued_______
Remember: she could leave.
1 Sam 31 is right
2 Sam 1 please notice the person lied - 2 Samuel 1:16 (Notice after verse 12 verse 16 )
2 Sam 21 the Philistines took already dead Saul - 1 Chronicles 10:8 ( the next day....)
1 Chron. 10:14 God allowed Saul to kill himself.
1 Samuel 13:13 Saul acted foolishly......

She has to be untouched by man. I interesting that finding out nullifies the whole concept.

Rescued by her family's murderers, not sure i would consider that being rescued, sounds to me like a virgin hunt to me.So yes i think a virgin girl would mind her family's murderers whisking her away to become an unwilling surrogate hand

Apologetics. It still boils down to contradictions

ChristineM

Premium Member
The Russian Church is for the political and Not for Christ.

In your opinion, but it is not up to you to judge.

The church should Not biblically back the Russian War with Ukrane.

Ah i agree with you there but they do, rather like Christian groups throughout history have backed their country in war

Christian in name only does Not make one a genuine follower of Christ.

More judgement

I never heard that Germany is still a Protestant nation because I did Not know Protestants are: anti - atheists, gypsies, non-whites and dissenters, besides those who wore the purple triangle in the world war.

The religious demographics of Germany, both current and historical are available online.
It took a lot of willing Christians to operate those gas chambers

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
She has to be untouched by man. I interesting that finding out nullifies the whole concept.
Rescued by her family's murderers, not sure i would consider that being rescued, sounds to me like a virgin hunt to me.So yes i think a virgin girl would mind her family's murderers whisking her away to become an unwilling surrogate hand................

Not surrogate but 'wife' - Deuteronomy 21:13

P.S. ' surrogate hand '

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In your opinion, but it is not up to you to judge.
Ah i agree with you there but they do, rather like Christian groups throughout history have backed their country in war
More judgement
The religious demographics of Germany, both current and historical are available online.
It took a lot of willing Christians to operate those gas chambers

The MANY of Matthew 7:21-23 make up the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians Jesus warned against.
The 'weed/tares' are like the figurative ' goats' at Jesus' coming Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-34.
Willing 'false' Christians - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30

ChristineM

Premium Member
Where would they go - family was gone - Not surrogate hand, but as 'wife' - Deuteronomy 21:13

I've got an idea, how about going as an unwilling sex object (oops, unwilling wife to skivvy and ****) to those murdered your family. How happy you you be?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
And what would you call life?

Yes it seems life emerged from chemical reaction.
Life has, after all, been created several times in a laboratory so it doesn't really seem to difficult.
Oh, it doesn't seem too difficult?
I have read several of your post replies, and find them wanting in discernment. Including that of denying the verification of prophecy confirmed by the overrun of Jerusalem by the Roman armies.

YoursTrue

Life has, after all, been created several times in a laboratory so it doesn't really seem to difficult.
As noted, science cannot "prove" anything. And the idea that you say life has been created "several times in a laboratory" is not making sense. Science does not prove that God does not exist, it also does not prove that God does exist. Or that God does or does not give life. Elements and possible electricity had to be introduced in order for whatever is deemed to be life to come about. You and science will never prove that God does not exist and is not the Creator and guarantor of life. No lab experiments prove that life can be formed in a laboratory, despite the claims made by "scientists." Sparks and chemicals are introduced into the mix. Argue away, but thanks anyway for the brief conversation. So have a nice day, and what you have demonstrated to me is your insistence on saying that the Arch of Titus is not a memorial recognizing the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy regarding the overrunning of Jerusalem, and the idea that scientists can create life. They cannot. The experiments themselves show that, even if one denies that. (Have a nice day.) By the way, as I get into these discussions, I realize that I'm not going to argue with some philosophically any more. So again -- I wish you well as life continues unfolding one way or the other.

YoursTrue

It "seems like" life emerged from chemical reaction. Seems like, you say. Hmm from the tests, nothing grows?? You said you would go step by step with me, teaching? So show where things grow from the 'life' you say was chemically induced in experiments. Grow as in evolve.

gnostic

The Lost One
Hmm from the tests, nothing grows?? You said you would go step by step with me, teaching? So show where things grow from the 'life' you say was chemically induced in experiments. Grow as in evolve.
Something that “grow” and something that “evolve”, are two different things.

Growing don’t necessarily mean evolution in the sense of biodiversity of the species.

Second:

It "seems like" life emerged from chemical reaction. Seems like, you say.

So far as Abiogenesis is concern.

You can have inorganic chemicals that when mixed together, cause chemical reaction that form those set of chemicals into organic matters.

Certain kinds of amino acids, which are chains of compounds that are building blocks to certain types of proteins.

In a human body, proteins make up the largest organic matters, 20% of the masses in human, while the second largest is lipids (body fat, fatty acids) make up 12% of the masses.

The real largest composition of matters, is actually water, but water isn’t organic. Water is very important to life, because it is still inorganic molecule. It help the proteins from drying up (hydration), as well as regulate the temperature of the body (again, hydration). Water also help with functions of body parts, eg removing waste and even toxins, like urines would carry these waste and toxins out of the body.

Anyway, some of the experiments have shown that organic molecules and compounds can be created in labs, by using inorganic chemicals.

The Miller-Urey experiment (1952) were able to produce and identify 9 types of amino acids from using ammonia, methane, water and hydrogen. With heat and electricity from electrodes to simulate lightning, reactions occurred where they produce these amino acids.

They were stored in some vials, and weren’t re-examine until 2007, by Miller’s student. They further identify another 11 amino acids in those vials.

So yes, chemical reactions can cause growth of newer amino acids. This is growth, not evolution.

Other experiments have also produced amino acids, using other inorganic chemicals, like carbon dioxide and hydrogen cyanide.

Hydrogen cyanide exist naturally in smoke, smoke that would exist in volcanic eruptions.

Likewise, other experiments have managed to produce one of the organic compounds, like lipids, carbohydrates, and components that exist DNA.

For instance, Joan Oró’s experiment in 1961, using ammonia and hydrogen cyanide was able to produce adenine. Adenine is one of 4 nucleobase chemicals found in nucleoside of DNA.

These experiments are not creating life, but they can create certain types of organic matters that are essential components in living cells.

Without these biological compounds, cells wouldn’t exist, therefore life would exist if there were no cells.

As to creating “life” in the lab, it have already been done, by gathering cells from parents: sperm from man and egg from woman. Fertilization and cell division occurred in the lab, before the fertilized egg is implanted back into woman’s womb.

This however is vitro fertilization, not Abiogenesis.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Oh, it doesn't seem too difficult?
I have read several of your post replies, and find them wanting in discernment. Including that of denying the verification of prophecy confirmed by the overrun of Jerusalem by the Roman armies.

Making a prophecy after the event is no prophecy.

The bluster of an army before an war/battle is no prophecy

You are entitled to interpret history in whatever way madsages you ego. I will go by the historical narrative