• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Considering its not happened for 2000 years despite people making pathetic threats on a daily basis i reckon my bet is a winner
Look, you can be the winner as far as I'm concerned. Either there will be a better future by divine intervention or there will not be. I understand your rejections of the Bible, I do not, however, agree with your conclusions to reject the Bible as the divine "word of God." I know there have been misunderstandings, some in the horrible sense (the inquisition, opposition to translation) and others with just who's right and who's wrong. I believe what I believe and if I thought someone else was right I would say so.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Look, you can be the winner as far as I'm concerned. Either there will be a better future by divine intervention or there will not be. I understand your rejections of the Bible, I do not, however, agree with your conclusions to reject the Bible as the divine "word of God." I know there have been misunderstandings, some in the horrible sense (the inquisition, opposition to translation) and others with just who's right and who's wrong. I believe what I believe and if I thought someone else was right I would say so.

I don't really care what you belief is, it's your belief and you are welcome to it.
I prefer evidence and facts to form my opinion.

YoursTrue

I don't really care what you belief is, it's your belief and you are welcome to it.
I find the evidence in life around us, also what "I" (not you) consider reliable evidence in the Bible.

YoursTrue

Also, the problem is with evolution or the "Big Bang," there IS no real hard verifiable evidence that (1) the universe exploded at a certain point from a peach sized mass and (2) lifeforms came about by abiogenesis and (3) lifeforms came about as a result of evolution of the Darwinian "natural selection" kind. Now if you want to argue that, go ahead. Scientists have been conjecturing it in the main for a while now. :) Still nothing.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
OK, so you're saying the Arch of Titus is another fabrication, right?

I am sure you read my post but I'll repeat it.

Actually no, fudged in the bible, recorded in many documents of the period and historical writing

It was i reply to your post.

Well, there you have it! Recorded in the Bible.

However do you actually know anything about the arch of Titus?

Commissioned by Domitian to commemorate his brothers official deification and victory over the jewish rebellion. How does this concern what is written in the NT?

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I find the evidence in life around us, also what "I" (not you) consider reliable evidence in the Bible.

That is surely evidence of life. I don't see how it can be evidence of anything in the bible

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Also, the problem is with evolution or the "Big Bang," there IS no real hard verifiable evidence that (1) the universe exploded at a certain point from a peach sized mass and (2) lifeforms came about by abiogenesis and (3) lifeforms came about as a result of evolution of the Darwinian "natural selection" kind. Now if you want to argue that, go ahead. Scientists have been conjecturing it in the main for a while now. :) Still nothing.

Oh goody

First
There is considerable hard evidence of evolution in several different fields of science. You want me to help you study it i am willing, so long as you are.
And
There is no hard evidence of the bb but there are hard evidence indicators of the event such as the CMB and red shift.

1 much smaller than a peach, the maths and logic tells us it was a singularity

2 abiogenesis is the best guess given what is known of conditions.

3 wrong, life came about from abiogenesis, evolution is the mutation of that first life

So now it's your turn can you provide real hard verifiable evidence of your god?

YoursTrue

I am sure you read my post but I'll repeat it.

It was i reply to your post.

However do you actually know anything about the arch of Titus?

Commissioned by Domitian to commemorate his brothers official deification and victory over the jewish rebellion. How does this concern what is written in the NT?
Me, oh my, surprised (amazed) you can't, with all your intelligence, figure it out. Let me guess before I tell you what "I" think. You're saying that Jesus' prophecy about the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem by the Romans was written after the event. Did I guess correctly? And let me guess more -- you're saying that it's all kind of made up about Jesus. Did I guess that correctly, too?

YoursTrue

Oh goody

First
There is considerable hard evidence of evolution in several different fields of science. You want me to help you study it i am willing, so long as you are.
And
There is no hard evidence of the bb but there are hard evidence indicators of the event such as the CMB and red shift.

3 wrong, life came about from abiogenesis, evolution is the mutation of that first life

So now it's your turn can you provide real hard verifiable evidence of your god?
Yeah, I kind of knew that "life" as it is called by some, came about from abiogenesis, I misphrased it. Abiogenesis is -- like the emergence of life from non-life. Did I get that right?

YoursTrue

@ChristineM - I don't mind going into detail with you. (sigh.) I hope you're a little better than Shunyadragon who does nothing but call me names, lolol. (Thanks.)

YoursTrue

Oh goody

First
And

I'm going back to my understanding of the creation account in Genesis to begin with. So your turn, my turn, I suppose.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Me, oh my, surprised (amazed) you can't, with all your intelligence, figure it out. Let me guess before I tell you what "I" think. You're saying that Jesus' prophecy about the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem by the Romans was written after the event. Did I guess correctly? And let me guess more -- you're saying that it's all kind of made up about Jesus. Did I guess that correctly, too?

Considering the arch was built 11 years AFTER the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed and biult in memory of the person who masterminded its destruction i see no prophecy there.

Unless you have another magical explanation that doesn't include failed sarcasm

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
@ChristineM - I don't mind going into detail with you. (sigh.) I hope you're a little better than Shunyadragon who does nothing but call me names, lolol. (Thanks.)

I am talking about learning and truthfully evaluating, not mocking because it doesn't fit your big idea of god magic

When you stop calling people names and trying to be sarcastic then i would think it would happen in reverse too.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I'm going back to my understanding of the creation account in Genesis to begin with. So your turn, my turn, I suppose.

Yeah well whe genesis account is a story made in the ignorance of bronze age people without evidence to back it up.

You are welcome to believe bronze age ignorance if you like but like many bible myths the idea is superceded.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yeah, I kind of knew that "life" as it is called by some, came about from abiogenesis, I misphrased it. Abiogenesis is -- like the emergence of life from non-life. Did I get that right?

And what would you call life?

Yes it seems life emerged from chemical reaction.
Life has, after all, been created several times in a laboratory so it doesn't really seem to difficult.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This has already been proven by YEC that it's a mutation not evolution.

That makes no sense.
If it's a mutation which was then inherited by off spring, then that IS evolution. :rolleyes:

There are examples where fish have reverted back within a single generation when moved to a different environment

That is simply false.
Instead, there are known species whose eyes, after many generations of living in dark environments (fish trapped in a cave for example), became useless. When they become useless, there no longer is selection pressure to preserve its function. Mutations that harm those functions, then no longer are harmful with respect to fitness. They become neutral and are no longer weeded out.

The result is a loss of the function and "broken" eyes.
Moles are a great example. Iin fact, their eyelids are permanently shut. They have non-functioning eyeballs behind a layer of skin.

It's what evolution expects to happen to traits which due to circumstances become useless.

According to evolution that isn't possible without a vast amount of time.

Well, it never happens in "one generation", like you falsely claimed without evidence.

Feel free to post a link to a proper source where it is supposedly documented that this happened in "a single generation".

I won't be holding my breath.

Also, rarely are these mutations an improvement...they are usually a regression. That is not an example of developing more...it's less.

Harmful ones are selected against. They are quickly removed from the genepool.
Rare beneficial mutations is all evolution needs to work with.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You mean there would have been no sycophant god worshipers to go and raid others lands, kill wives and steal virgin daughters to use as sex slaves, one can only guess how they made their selection.
Numbers 31:17-18 Individual translations contract themselves across both old and new testament
Example, how did Saulus (Saul) die? 3 different ways, perhaps even 4
What 3 or 4 ways_______________
Vengeance is God's ( Nahum 1:2)
It was God's vengeance on Midian (Numbers 31:1-12) and the spoils of ' war ' (Numbers 31:13-54)
The female captives were Not sex slaves - Deuteronomy 21:11,14 - they were allowed to become ' wives ' because they were left without family.