• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's go over this again, shall we, about chances--

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What's well documented? That various forms interbreed, or that bats interbreed and the groups are identified? Re: bats -- where is it "well-documented" that the various groups interbreed or have interbred and thus documented? Thank you.

I gave you a references that clearly gave the whole classification of of life forms and ALL living life forms are subject to interbreeding that results in hybridization.

The following is a research paper on bats hyridization, but I doubt you will understand it.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ridization-between-bat-species_tbl1_313780627

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand the question. Let's stick to bats for a while. Do you know if the different types interbreed?

Some will and some won't. Those closest are likely to interbreed some, by mistake if nothing else. Sort of like horses and donkeys.

But those not closely related won't.

Now, the question is whether humans and bonobos are more like the distant bat relatives or the close ones.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Can you at least show a reference to particular distinct but not-quite-the-same bats that have interbred?

Why ask for that. Not all species of bats can interbreed. Some of them can. In the US some of the brown bat species can interbreed. I can guarantee that none of them can interbreed with fruitbats.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Some will and some won't. Those closest are likely to interbreed some, by mistake if nothing else. Sort of like horses and donkeys.

But those not closely related won't.

Now, the question is whether humans and bonobos are more like the distant bat relatives or the close ones.

Ther are numerous references to natural hybridization between species and subspecies. Actually the layman species definition is no longer usable since the boundaries between closely related species is most often a gray zone. Human efforts in hypredization is not realy relevant to what occurs naturally among closely related species.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ther are numerous references to natural hybridization between species and subspecies. Actually the layman species definition is no longer usable since the boundaries between closely related species is most often a gray zone. Human efforts in hypredization is not realy relevant to what occurs naturally among closely related species.
And the lack of hard lines is evidence for evolution. When one asks "at what precise generation was interbreeding between two species impossible?" the answer will always be "there is no such precise generation". It is the individual combination of genes that an organism has that will make interbreeding with another species possible. So at the extreme edges of the ability to interbreed there could be a generation where no interbreeding between to populations was possible, and yet with a good shuffle of genes there may be members of the next generation that can.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'm not speaking of natural hybridization between species and subspecies. I'm speaking specifically of interbreeding among the various groups of bats. if you don't know, be honest and say so.

YoursTrue

And the lack of hard lines is evidence for evolution. When one asks "at what precise generation was interbreeding between two species impossible?" the answer will always be "there is no such precise generation". It is the individual combination of genes that an organism has that will make interbreeding with another species possible. So at the extreme edges of the ability to interbreed there could be a generation where no interbreeding between to populations was possible, and yet with a good shuffle of genes there may be members of the next generation that can.
Most humans have teeth when they grow up. Meantime, it's like pulling teeth to get an answer about bat interbreeding from those that keep calling me, in essence, dumb, unlearned, and/or stupid. Maybe not enough scientific research was done among the bat population to determine what groups evolved from interbreeding to get a definite answer.

YoursTrue

Why asks? Creationists have no explanation how life began. Does that make them wrong?
G-gosh -- I was asking shunydragon if he knows how life began. Do YOU have a reasonable (not proveable, of course) explanation? All I see right now is subterfuge from you when you can't or won't answer. You includes shunydragon. Either you (and science) KNOWS how life began, or guess what? you don't know how life began.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Most humans have teeth when they grow up. Meantime, it's like pulling teeth to get an answer about bat interbreeding from those that keep calling me, in essence, dumb, unlearned, and/or stupid. Maybe not enough scientific research was done among the bat population to determine what groups evolved from interbreeding to get a definite answer.
I gave an answer. You seem to have ignored it.

YoursTrue

Not talking about human efforts of hybredization.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
G-gosh -- I was asking shunydragon if he knows how life began. Do YOU have a reasonable (not proveable, of course) explanation? All I see right now is subterfuge from you when you can't or won't answer. You includes shunydragon. Either you (and science) KNOWS how life began, or guess what? you don't know how life began.
How are you using the word "know"? If you mean a concept that is supported by evidence, then yes, we know that life arose naturally through abiogenesis. Are all of the important questions answered? Nope. Not yet.

YoursTrue

Bats are hardly a significant issue in the discussion of evolution. Yes like all similar species in many groups of species, and subspecies of different related animals interbreed. The process is called hyberdization, which is part of the evolution process..

Ineresting reference: List of genetic hybrids - Wikipedia.
You say bats are not a significant issue in the discussion of evolution? Why is that?

YoursTrue

Already answered the question and the answer is yes as described. It is not what I know it is simply well documented science..
When you say well-documented science, do you mean the various groups of bats have been researched and observed so as to form the various groups within the bat species?