• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's celebrate the beauty of all Faiths

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
There is good in all people and all religions and it would be wonderful if we all appreciated that and celebrated the beauty in all religions and all humanity mixed together in a spirit of friendship. I love the serenity of Buddhist temples and the love of Christians. I have just about every Holy Book in my Kindle and I love them all. The Quran, the Dhammapada , the Bhagavad-Gita , the Bible and the cultures and food of all these traditions are so wonderful. My life is so rich because I feel at one with all religions and all humanity. I don't have to accept one Faith or reject another because I accept all of them and all humanity. I don't have to exalt my Faith over another Faith because their faith is mine also. There is a golden thread that runs through all Faiths. It is that thread which can unite us all.

My favourite verse of the Buddha is " A man may conquer ten times ten thousand men in battle but he is the true conquerer who conquers his own self"

“why should not the followers of each prophet recognize and honour the other prophets also?”

Add your comments or ask questions as to how humanity can be like a family.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I love and respect all religions, and above all atheists, agnostics, and deists. I believe in Kant's imperative : "Sapere aude, have the courage to use your own intelligence without being influenced by anybody".
So I respect any vision of the world, as long as people embrace it willingly and by their own choice.
I've always encouraged other Christians to learn concepts borrowed from other religions like Buddhism and Confucianism. Unfortunately, Christian texts don't have the answer for everything; Confucius is the author of the golden rule (don't do unto others what you don't want them to do unto you). The concept of Nirvana is useful to understand, as Schopenhauer said too, how Christians can develop a strength of will, without which it is impossible to attain salvation.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
There are only about 7 major religions I think. Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Zoroastrian,, Christian, Baha'i.

allright

Either Jesus rose from the dead or he did not.
If he did not Christianity is 100% false
If he did and you do not receive him as you Lord and Savior your
going to hell forever

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It doesn't matter or it shouldn't matter to others what we choose to believe or not to believe. The important thing is we have our common humanity and if we believe in only that we can come together in peace.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Either Jesus rose from the dead or he did not.
If he did not Christianity is 100% false
If he did and you do not receive him as you Lord and Savior your
going to hell forever

Think about this.

Life does not change and laws of physics and supernatural does not change after over 2500 years of christ death.

When man in acts found out he can talk in tongues by gift of the holy spirit why cant people today.

Resurrection shouldnt be a one time event, it should now be a part of life as we figured out gravity exists; it is not.

The resurrection is a belief, not a fact. If christianity is based soley on facts (what Also can exist today as before), it is a lie. If it is based soley on beliefs, it cannot be proven true (we're hoping/faith).

Unfortunetly, like evolution, christianity cannot be proven nor seen the same miracles was before. Life doesnt change after 2500 years. Beliefs cant be proven outside the believer.

Christianity is a belief not a fact.

It is not 100 percent true no matter much information is written about the belief.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There are only about 7 major religions I think. Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Zoroastrian,, Christian, Baha'i.
7 major is a far cry from all, though. And then there are the internal conflicts and the matter of settling which of those 7, if any, have beauty worth celebrating.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Since this is in a debates forum, and not comparative religion, I will respond appropriately.
I only have two points to hit on.

1. The title:
I do not think that was properly thought out, there are many faiths that normal folk might find less than appealing
Many that you yourself might describe as evil.

2. This:
There is good in all people and all religions

I hope you don't truly believe this.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If you think those are major, then what about Sikh, Jain and the Japanese, Chinese religions?

Truth is truth no matter where it comes from. Any religion that teaches good and promotes harmony should be embraced by all.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
There is good in all people and all religions and it would be wonderful if we all appreciated that and celebrated the beauty in all religions and all humanity mixed together in a spirit of friendship. I love the serenity of Buddhist temples and the love of Christians. I have just about every Holy Book in my Kindle and I love them all. The Quran, the Dhammapada , the Bhagavad-Gita , the Bible and the cultures and food of all these traditions are so wonderful. My life is so rich because I feel at one with all religions and all humanity. I don't have to accept one Faith or reject another because I accept all of them and all humanity. I don't have to exalt my Faith over another Faith because their faith is mine also. There is a golden thread that runs through all Faiths. It is that thread which can unite us all.

My favourite verse of the Buddha is " A man may conquer ten times ten thousand men in battle but he is the true conquerer who conquers his own self"

“why should not the followers of each prophet recognize and honour the other prophets also?”

Add your comments or ask questions as to how humanity can be like a family.

Would you you include naturalists in your family?

Ciao

- viole

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Of course!! Why not?? You are family!! You are part of humanity so we are family already. Just accepting each other as equal human beings is sufficient There is no need to interrogate and judge each other on our beliefs. People do that just to make themselves feel superior to others which is sad. And we all can learn from each other and appreciate the diversity in the human race that makes people so beautiful.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

No... only Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism are the major world religions.

Judaism is an ethnic religion, Hinduism is largely confined to India (and not a single religion, besides), Baha'i is still very young, and despite Zoroastrianism's major influence on many monotheist theologies, it has barely any followers anymore.

There is a golden thread that runs through all Faiths. It is that thread which can unite us all.

This might seem like the case when you only look at the most well-known organized religions, but it turns out to not be true at all when stepping out of that small set. (At least if you're talking about the Golden Rule, which I assume).

What of those devotees of Gods who oversee War and/or Death? What of those who worship trickster Gods, who gain infinite glee from causing strife? Or of those Gods who's very role it is to judge?

I'm all for respecting diversity and keeping the frith, but part of that must be an acknowledgment that there will be conflict. Respect may be a default position, but it can be lost. There are religions, and organizations within religions (including my own), who do not have my respect. I am a Heathen. I will NEVER respect those forms of Heathenry which encorporate Neo-Nazi ideas.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You have an excellent point. What we really need is a good definition of religion. For me personally I find the Bahai definition very acceptable.

Religion should unite all hearts and cause wars and disputes to vanish from the face of the earth, give birth to spirituality, and bring life and light to each heart. If religion becomes a cause of dislike, hatred and division, it were better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious act. Any religion which is not a cause of love and unity is no religion.”

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Then we probably should not call whole denominations religions. By your criteria, much smaller pockets must be acknowledged or rejected on their own merits.