• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Assume Science is a Religion

A Troubled Man

I have pursued a career in science because I enjoy probing the mysteries of the universe. This is the same thing religion does, only science limits its toolbox to that which can be measured with a meter stick and tested with statistics. This enables it to intimately understand the mechanics behind our physical universe, but leaves it lacking in other areas. For those other areas, I turn to a mystery religion that encourages direct exploration of the more subtle aspects of reality.

Interesting, but it begs the question, what areas are lacking, what subtle aspects of reality do you refer, exactly and what useful knowledge and information have you gleaned and gained from those other areas by turning to mystery?

idav

Being
Premium Member
For the sake of this thread let's pretend science/the scientific method is a religion.

I haven't seen anyone get past the assertion that science is a religion to finish the train of thought.

So finish it off for us, where does this line of reasoning ultimately lead to.

I'm not fond of rituals unless I get to pick it. Science rituals could be boring. We could just insert science and math knowledge into our DNA with no need to sit around and learn it.