• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let Your Lawn Grow

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I've seen a documentary with indication......

we NEED to STOP cutting green life

we NEED to leave green things ALONE

see......Kiss the Ground
Netflix

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the vid I mentioned does demonstrate a detailed technique
moving grazing animals from one pasture to another......allowing the green stuff to recover

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not much for watching stuff, but I feel the same way. Why cut the grass? What a waste of time, and how needlessly harmful to so many ecosystems.

I won't let my husband mow the backyard. I remember walking out there late last summer, with some of the shrubbery being taller than me(not that that's a difficult task) under the moonlight, and just feeling amazed....

And then weeks later he cut it all down while I was away. :( Why?? The fence is so big no one can see it... As for the front yard, we don't have that freedom, but I can't understand the benefit of of mowing in the back.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'd just get ticketed by the People's Republic for not cutting a lawn that isn't even theirs.

Ridiculous, isn't it? Why should 'code' decide what's acceptable? Why is it you can spray your lawn full of poison and be perfectly okay, but leave your grass a bit long and you have to pay someone for 'offending' their imaginary beauty ideal?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ridiculous, isn't it? Why should 'code' decide what's acceptable? Why is it you can spray your lawn full of poison and be perfectly okay, but leave your grass a bit long and you have to pay someone for 'offending' their imaginary beauty ideal?
What I find amazing is people who defend and protect diversity and then yells, "WOAH" at a persons personal property line. It is there diversity shalt not pass.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
What I find amazing is people who defend and protect diversity and then yells, "WOAH" at a persons personal property line. It is there diversity shalt not pass.

There are some kinds of diversity few accept.

Like differences on what makes a property beautiful.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

see......Kiss the Ground
Netflix
I haven't seen this yet, however... if you are saying we need to STOP cutting green life, as in an emphatic, absolute, all-caps kind of STOP, then God help the vegetarians! :) What do you plan to feed them?

Furthermore, the reason for cutting your lawn if you live in a city, is because all manner of pests will take up residency in your yard, which then infest your neighbors yard. Living in the woods is fine, but not in a city with large populated residential areas.

No-mow grass is a nice option, that doesn't grow super high like a jungle (like a neglected typical lawn becomes). However, that limits the lawn's usefulness for the homeowner, such as using it to walk over and do work on. But to speak of cutting green as a moral issue, seems a bit too much. We eat greens.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Really? You equate diversity, which is referring to co-habitating with people of different beliefs and skin color than you, with a neighbor who pollutes his property which is directly adjacent to yours, which affects your property or damages it, on the same level as needing to accept social diversity? Wow. What is there really to say to this?

Last edited:

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

see......Kiss the Ground
Netflix

We can't get rid of the lawn industrial complex :) (seriously though) fast enough. Just considering the chemical runoff from residential lawns alone justifies an end to the absurd practice of manicured nature on that scale.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What if your neighbor's business is affecting yours? Say nothing? Loud music at 2:00 AM, "Mind your own business!"?
That neighbor would be minding someone else's business
with such noise. Differences in landscaping appearance
don't have that effect.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Its not like if one person on the block let the lawn 'go natural', everyone would.

We do have one person a couple blocks away who managed to get around the ordinance by ripping out all the grass and letting the wildflowers take over. Looks great, and they're not bothering anyone.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
as a young boy....I grew up with my grandparents
who had three acres of ground behind the house
with what may have been to LAST collection of prarie grass I will ever see

it was coarse

every kind of thistle and burr grew there
after exploring grandma would have to pick and pull at length
to get the prickles out of my green jeans

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the documentary...in case you are not interested