• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let us pray to save humanity?

Viker

Häxan
God ≠ deity

Philosophically God is a being that is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent and omnipresent.
Which is a definition which is not in contradiction with biblical Yahweh.

deity on another side is usually represented with statuette and does not fit into definition of a God.
Unfortunately, deity is another word for a god. Even for the "supreme" ones.

A statuette is just a representation of a deity/god. No different than giving one a name or title. Words and statuettes are human expressions, in this context, for the divine.

Viker

Häxan
Actions speak louder than words. Why pray for world peace when peace can be made?

Prayer is fine and good. I think it needs action to accompany it.

Vee

Premium Member
DEBATE IS WELCOMED ON THE THEME "CAN WE PRAY FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD, IT INCLUDES PEOPLE IN RUSSIA AND THEIR PUTIN?"

We all want the best for our world. The way to do it is to pray for the world.
But that is psychologically stressful and exhausting. And there is the
spiritual danger from satan; he will take revenge against you.
Hence, I suggest the following prayer:

``All saints and holy angels and God, please, give help
to 100 living and 100 dead people.''

After you get used to daily praying like that, you could gradually increase the number.

Prayer is a beautiful gift, but it is useful to understand that, according to the Bible, God is impartial and he's not going to take sides in a human war, benefiting one nation instead of the other. (Galatians 3:28).
I pray for God's will to take place, and for the well being and safety of the millions of decent human beings that exist in this world.
However, praying is not enough. We need to take action, and that action needs to match our prayers. What would be the point of praying if one of my neighbors is facing difficulties and I don't help them first?

questfortruth

The problem with that, is that God will help war criminals
No. Why? The Holy Bible:

Who instilled in humanity the need for Total War? This is when
not two armies are fighting, but civilians are also being wiped out.
There are two parts: peaceful houses and military bases. In a total
war, both houses and bases are bombed in the same intensity. Was it
Paul Joseph Goebbels?

During World War II, the coalition hit civilian and military targets when
it bombed Berlin and Hiroshima and liberated or ``cleaned'' other cities.
Realizing this, they fired on peaceful Germans and Japanese. But this
is not called genocide. Why? Because we are remarkably ``good ones''
and won. Winners are not judged. We are constantly in need of GLORIOUS
VICTORIES to be justified before Jesus Christ in the afterlife.

True God does not like war if it involves willing, wished, and planned
murder of civilians. Well, don't you feel the same as your God feels?
You are an agnostic or something worse, but You feel Him, albeit
unconsciously. You replied am I a crazy idiot. Don't swear like a mad
dog; do not lose Grace.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
You are wrong, because the satan is death (and sickness, and cancer) itself.
Nowhere does the bible say "be afraid of Satan" instead is says resist it James 4:7
The one who we should be afraid of is God: Proverbs 3:7

Are you afraid to die?
We Christians are not pagans to be afraid of death,
not only we are not afraid of death, but we are ready to suffer if needed for Jesus and truth like he suffered for us.

questfortruth

God is impartial and he's not going to take sides in a human war
``And upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves
roaring. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things
which are coming on the earth.'' Luke 21:25-26 KJV.

The Biblical parable called ``sea'' appears to become Russia because it is as
big as the sea and began to overflow its shores to overwhelm the neighboring
countries with waves of soldiers. If so, then the True God is not with her
because the God is only with the final winners, for it is written: ``the first
heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.''
Revelation 21:1 KJV. And even more: ``And I stood upon the sand of the sea,
and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and
upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.''
Revelation 13:1 KJV.

True God commands His people in the last days to respect the freedom
[of choice] and spare the life of a human, for it is written: ``He that
leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the
sword must be killed with the sword.'' Revelation 13:10 KJV, and
``Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.'' Matthew 5:5.

questfortruth

We Christians are not pagans to be afraid of death,
not only we are not afraid of death, but we are ready to suffer if needed for Jesus and truth like he suffered for us.
You are hero. But it is very unpleasant and discouraging if one gets cancer. No joy in cancer. The satan is cancer.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
DEBATE IS WELCOMED ON THE THEME "CAN WE PRAY FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD, IT INCLUDES PEOPLE IN RUSSIA AND THEIR PUTIN?"

After you get used to daily praying like that, you could gradually increase the number.

There are many prayers we can use given in the Baha'i Writings, and yes they help, as the more people pray them, the more they are asking for that to be part of their own person. Here is one that is applicable to the current world situation.

O Thou kind Lord! Thou hast created all humanity from the same stock. Thou hast decreed that all shall belong to the same household. In Thy Holy Presence they are all Thy servants, and all mankind are sheltered beneath Thy Tabernacle; all have gathered together at Thy Table of Bounty; all are illumined through the light of Thy Providence.

O God! Thou art kind to all, Thou hast provided for all, dost shelter all, conferrest life upon all. Thou hast endowed each and all with talents and faculties, and all are submerged in the Ocean of Thy Mercy.

O Thou kind Lord! Unite all. Let the religions agree and make the nations one, so that they may see each other as one family and the whole earth as one home. May they all live together in perfect harmony.

O God! Raise aloft the banner of the oneness of mankind.

O God! Establish the Most Great Peace.

Cement Thou, O God, the hearts together.

O Thou kind Father, God! Gladden our hearts through the fragrance of Thy love. Brighten our eyes through the Light of Thy Guidance. Delight our ears with the melody of Thy Word, and shelter us all in the Stronghold of Thy Providence.

Thou art the Mighty and Powerful, Thou art the Forgiving and Thou art the One Who overlooketh the shortcomings of all mankind.

—Bahá’u’lláh

Link to more

A Selection of Bahá’í Prayers

Regards Tony

Vee

Premium Member
``And upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves
roaring. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things
which are coming on the earth.'' Luke 21:25-26 KJV.

The Biblical parable called ``sea'' appears to become Russia because it is as
big as the sea and began to overflow its shores to overwhelm the neighboring
countries with waves of soldiers. If so, then the True God is not with her
because the God is only with the final winners, for it is written: ``the first
heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.''
Revelation 21:1 KJV. And even more: ``And I stood upon the sand of the sea,
and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and
upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.''
Revelation 13:1 KJV.

True God commands His people in the last days to respect the freedom
[of choice] and spare the life of a human, for it is written: ``He that
leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the
sword must be killed with the sword.'' Revelation 13:10 KJV, and
``Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.'' Matthew 5:5.

It is true that in the Bible the word "sea" is used to talk about large crowds of people, but it's not necessarily one country. Russia might be a part of it, but I don't see why it should be only Russia. In the Bible wild beasts normally symbolize human governments, plural.
This beast has authority and power, like governments do and it rules over "every tribe and people and tongue" (Rev. 13:7). Russia only rules over it's own country and a few pawns in the vicinity. According to this verse, the beast represents something much bigger than one government.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Philosophically God is a being that is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent and omnipresent.
Which is a definition which is not in contradiction with biblical Yahweh.

deity on another side is usually represented with statuette and does not fit into definition of a God.

In philosophy, God is not really by default defined as omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, and omnipresent. If you wish to define God as such, then for each of those attributes you will have to make philosophical arguments separately. Its very difficult to make such a claim as "philosophical" without individual arguments.

Deity would be based on language, and the philosophy of a particular religion. You cant say it does not fit the definition of God. God is a or the deity. In some cases, your own ego could be called a deity. Your money could be called a deity. Well hell, in some cases money can be called God as well. But if you first define what God is, and if you define that "within my premise of God's definition, the word deity does not suit the definition of God". Then you have to define deity as different first.

Then you are making a logical argument.

I do understand what you say, but its not just right.

Clara Tea

LETS PRAY TO SAVE HUMANITY?

God warned the world to stop sinning, then flooded the world (Noah).

God warned Sodom and Gomorrah to stop sinning, then destroyed them.

God warned the world to not attack Babylon (Iraq), in Revelation, and listed the various torments if we defied Him (God). Revelation 15 (7 plagues--such as covid, and monkey pox).

WE ARE PUNISHED BY GOD....PRAYERS WON'T HELP.

The time for prayer was before the we defied God by attacking Iraq. We are doomed to eternal hell.

Clara Tea

View attachment 63318

You pray. I'll do something about what is needed

In a disaster, it is good to be strong. Strong people can lift heavy weights and rescue people.

What if things are so tough that the muscle-bound men decide to kill themselves because they just can't go on?

But, they are strong. If they will be dead, they won't be strong anymore.

Perhaps there are other forms of strength? Muscles are one form of strength. But perhaps perserverence is another form of strength?

Feeding the body is one way of alleviating stress, but is that enough? What about cheering up someone, and giving them hope that the world might get better?

Jews in Nazi concentration camps were incarcerated, starved, tortured, and watched their comrades die like flies.

Robert Clary (an actor in Hogan's Hero TV show, was a real life French Jew prisoner in a German concentration camp). He said that the Nazis just stopped feeding them, and every morning they woke up and another one of their friends was dead. Their faith kept them going...they had little else.

General Burkhalter's actor had a scarred face from being hit, as a Jewish child in a Nazi concentration camp.

Sergeant Schultz's actor (Johann Banner) was an Austria-Hungary (now Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine) Jew who had ben a supply sergeant in the US Army Air Forces. He had posed for a recruiting poster.

Colonel Clink's actor was a half Jewish German.

Hogan's Heros showed that the abusive Nazi regime was more scary to its own citizens than the enemy. Constant fear of being sent to the Russian front. Constant fear that if anyone sees an escape, authorities will pin the problem on them. . . so they "see nothing." (same response of Nazi war criminals...."I saw nothing."...Is that why they were called "not sees?)"

Army chaplains are thought to do nothing. But they give hope and comfort. Soldiers will believe that their souls won't rot in hell if a chaplain gives them the last rights.

The theme song from Mash is about watching your fellow soldiers die, one by one (or sometimes many at a time). It's about believing that the only way out of the war is death, and it is better to die mercifully, than getting blown apart and dying slowly over days.

THEME SONG FROM MASH:

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see
That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes

And I can take or leave it
If I please
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say
Suicide is painless (suicide)
If I please
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger, watch it grin
Suicide is painless
If I please
A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
"Is it to be or not to be?"
And I replied, "Oh, why ask me?"
Suicide is painless
If I please
And you can do the same thing
If you please

These powerful words were written by the teenaged son of the producer of Mash. How can such a young boy have such powerful thoughts? For one thing, he was facing that type of life...draft age.

It took exceptional writers to make a comedy amid such pain and tragedy. All In The Family had good writers make comedy of bigotry.

Having survived cancer (and survived treatment for cancer...a battle of its own), and survived telling my loved ones that I have a 15% chance of living (very sad), I realize that one must feed the soul (perk up emotions) in addition to feeding the body. Soul food and regular food must both be the right food and nutritious.

Cancer is a battle of the body and the mind.

So, even if God does not exist, we still must overcome our own thoughts.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
During World War II, the coalition hit civilian and military targets when
it bombed Berlin and Hiroshima and liberated or ``cleaned'' other cities.
Are you telling me that your God is not better than us? And with "us" I mean agents that are not omnipotent.

So, I would say that your God is useless. And that He offers no added value. And He is, therefore, superfluous.

Ciao

- viole

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In a disaster, it is good to be strong. Strong people can lift heavy weights and rescue people.

What if things are so tough that the muscle-bound men decide to kill themselves because they just can't go on?

But, they are strong. If they will be dead, they won't be strong anymore.

Perhaps there are other forms of strength? Muscles are one form of strength. But perhaps perserverence is another form of strength?

Feeding the body is one way of alleviating stress, but is that enough? What about cheering up someone, and giving them hope that the world might get better?

Jews in Nazi concentration camps were incarcerated, starved, tortured, and watched their comrades die like flies.

Robert Clary (an actor in Hogan's Hero TV show, was a real life French Jew prisoner in a German concentration camp). He said that the Nazis just stopped feeding them, and every morning they woke up and another one of their friends was dead. Their faith kept them going...they had little else.

General Burkhalter's actor had a scarred face from being hit, as a Jewish child in a Nazi concentration camp.

Sergeant Schultz's actor (Johann Banner) was an Austria-Hungary (now Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine) Jew who had ben a supply sergeant in the US Army Air Forces. He had posed for a recruiting poster.

Colonel Clink's actor was a half Jewish German.

Hogan's Heros showed that the abusive Nazi regime was more scary to its own citizens than the enemy. Constant fear of being sent to the Russian front. Constant fear that if anyone sees an escape, authorities will pin the problem on them. . . so they "see nothing." (same response of Nazi war criminals...."I saw nothing."...Is that why they were called "not sees?)"

Army chaplains are thought to do nothing. But they give hope and comfort. Soldiers will believe that their souls won't rot in hell if a chaplain gives them the last rights.

The theme song from Mash is about watching your fellow soldiers die, one by one (or sometimes many at a time). It's about believing that the only way out of the war is death, and it is better to die mercifully, than getting blown apart and dying slowly over days.

THEME SONG FROM MASH:

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see
That suicide is painless

If I please
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say
Suicide is painless (suicide)
If I please
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger, watch it grin
Suicide is painless
If I please
A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
"Is it to be or not to be?"
And I replied, "Oh, why ask me?"
Suicide is painless
If I please
And you can do the same thing
If you please

These powerful words were written by the teenaged son of the producer of Mash. How can such a young boy have such powerful thoughts? For one thing, he was facing that type of life...draft age.

It took exceptional writers to make a comedy amid such pain and tragedy. All In The Family had good writers make comedy of bigotry.

Having survived cancer (and survived treatment for cancer...a battle of its own), and survived telling my loved ones that I have a 15% chance of living (very sad), I realize that one must feed the soul (perk up emotions) in addition to feeding the body. Soul food and regular food must both be the right food and nutritious.

Cancer is a battle of the body and the mind.

So, even if God does not exist, we still must overcome our own thoughts.

If praying makes you feel better about something then thats fine. If it helps you get up and actually do something, that's fine. Unfortunately a lot of people pray and then leave it there, they have prayed, they have done there bit, end of story

And yes, my husband has had cancer, he is still here without prayer, what he had and has is support where needed, not empty words. I too have had my close to deaths moments, no prayer needed by me or the 3 surgeons who battled for 7 hours to save my life

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character

I have God's answer to prayers concerning saving humanity from our most prevalent existential threats! The answer to these prayers is the terraforming and human colonization of Mars,

Greenhouse gases sent from Earth to Mars would desist Earth's global warming and subsequently save life on Earth from the lethal devastation of Earth's global warming as well as transform Mars into a way more comfortable place for sustaining life from Earth. Carbon Dioxide, Methane, and Sulfur Hexafluoride could very well be transported via the Space X interplanetary transport system from Earth to Mars.

The ionization of particles emitted by the Martian moon of Phobos in conjunction with the accelerated flow of these ionized particles would generate a magnetic field shielding the Martian atmosphere from being stripped away by solar radiation, Such a Martian magnetosphere would require roughly 100.000,000,000,000,000 joules of energy, which is comparable to the total amount of electricity consumed by everybody on Earth last year.

How to create an artificial magnetosphere for Mars - ScienceDirect

How to create an artificial magnetosphere for Mars
lR.A.BamfordaB.J.KellettaJ.L.GreenbC.DongcV.AirapetiandR.Bingham

A magnetic field enabling Martian atmospheric retention should very well be the first step towards forming a man-made biosphere that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere. This magnetic shielding would subsequently allow the planet's atmosphere to reacquire its former density that'd be high enough to allow for sustainable surface liquid water.

A few billion Tonnes of Sulfur Hexafluoride gas (SF6) could increase Martian atmospheric surface temperatures by well over 20 degrees Celsius. Sulfur hexafluoride - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SpaceX interplanetary transport system could deliver this super greenhouse gas to Mars at a cost of less than $2,000/kg.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Mar...astructure

The forming of a man-made biosphere around Mars as well as on the Martian surface (terraforming) that is an appreciable fraction in size comparable to Earth's biosphere would create many high tech jobs, and save humanity from the existential threat of the Earth's atmospheric and terrestrial global warming . This project ( terraforming ) to make Mars a better place for human colonization there could be dubbed the "Green New Deal for humanity on Earth and Mars". Please let us agree to favor the "Green New Deal for humanity on Earth and Mars" I figure the cost of terraforming Mars would be just a few trillion dollars per year, which amounts to only a few hundred dollars annually per each person on Earth.

Asteroid mining windfall taxes could fund a significant portion of the multi-quadrillion dollar total cost to transform Mars into a world retaining triple its current atmospheric pressure and a warmer Mars with an average surface temperature of 270 Kelvin.

Last edited: