• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s talk about the Bible

kjw47

Well, kjw47 didn't deny that he believes Jesus lied about leading His "congregation" until the end of time.

Typical witness for you tho, you make a comment and they focus on the false translation of one word, rather than address the whole comment.

Jesus true religion went underground at best once they started murdering all of them. The religion that came out of Rome is NOT the religion Jesus started.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The word--CHURCH-- did not exist when Gods bible writers penned the words--Adding false words to fit dogma does not fly. CONGREGATION is the correct term used by the bible writers.
Sorry to say that you really don't know what you're talking about as this has been explained to you by several people here as one of the definitions of "church" means "community".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Revelation uses Church 7 x--it is error--The congregation is the correct translating. The congregation is the people--a church is a building.
You must be wrong because in the congregation are people who are not for the will of God to do. That is a FACT. Please, face the fact!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry to say that you really don't know what you're talking about as this has been explained to you by several people here as one of the definitions of "church" means "community".
A community of like-minded people.
They are being taught that all Jehovah's Witnesses together form the congregation of Jesus Christ, but not all Jehovah's Witnesses are honestly for doing the will of God first.
It is well known that there are bad people who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses. Therefore, what they say is God's congregation can't be right.

kjw47

I understand perfectly well.

So when all the attendees leave the building, Did the church leave or did the congregation leave?

kjw47

Then show us which it was, including supplying at least one link to your source.

Daniel 12:4--The one who are revealing these truths here in these last days. The only one with Gods truth. It took making correction to achieve truth.

Oeste

I'm just trying to show kjw47 that "church" is an acceptable translation because all "real" Christians know it doesn't mean a building, only the witnesses think church means a building.

The congregation is the people--a church is a building.

The Church is the people who make up the Body of Christ.

Yep, they're the only ones with their gods ever changing truth. The only ones whose god has an expiration date for his truth!

We're done.

Metis, djhwoodwerks,pcarl... I feel your pain, lol!

KJW has doubled down on his claim that the word "church" means building even though we've explained to him otherwise. He even goes so far as to say their was no Greek or Aramaic word for church when the apostles penned the bible:

The word--CHURCH-- did not exist when Gods bible writers penned the words--Adding false words to fit dogma does not fly. CONGREGATION is the correct term used by the bible writers.

In fact I was called "thick" when I asked too many questions about Daniel:

Wow are you thick.

Whereupon KJW explained our "problem":

Light doesn't enter darkness--that is the problem.

I show you scripture and what Jesus actually teaches--you reject it all.

When you're into "cultist" thinking there is only one truth you understand. It's not grammar, history, or a thesaurus and it's surely not the bible. The only truth is whatever your cult teachers say is the truth, because it's the only truth you know.

So @djhwoodwerks , let's see if KJW's "truth" has an expiration date. @pcarl , let's see if your assertion that "the church makes up the body of Christ" is correct. @metis , let's see if you're really done here because I don't think you are, but I do believe @kjw47 is:

ScreenCap806.jpg

Yes, we can find this "current" truth on the JW.org website (but hurry...this "truth" may expire at any moment)!

As for @kjw47 , This is a marvelous opportunity for him to once again demonstrate his clear independent, "100% FACT" brand of thinking and declare the Watchtower and us wrong. But if his thinking is cultist, he may have received a brilliant flash of light upon reading the image above and reached a new epiphany...that church doesn't mean building at all.

There is a third way...simply fade back into the corners, but KJW doesn't strike me as that sort of person.

In any event, perhaps now KJW can finally press the EASY button and answer that "perplexing" question he posed to Metis, himself:

I understand perfectly well.

So when all the attendees leave the building, Did the church leave or did the congregation leave?

Like you all, I await his reply.

kjw47

KJW has doubled down on his claim that the word "church" means building even though we've explained to him otherwise. He even goes so far as to say their was no Greek or Aramaic word for church when the apostles penned the bible:

When you're into "cultist" thinking there is only one truth you understand. It's not grammar, history, or a thesaurus and it's surely not the bible. The only truth is whatever your cult teachers say is the truth, because it's the only truth you know.

So @djhwoodwerks , let's see if KJW's "truth" has an expiration date. @pcarl , let's see if your assertion that "the church makes up the body of Christ" is correct. @metis , let's see if you're really done here because I don't think you are, but I do believe @kjw47 is:

Yes, we can find this "current" truth on the JW.org website (but hurry...this "truth" may expire at any moment)!

As for @kjw47 , This is a marvelous opportunity for him to once again demonstrate his clear independent, "100% FACT" brand of thinking and declare the Watchtower and us wrong. But if his thinking is cultist, he may have received a brilliant flash of light upon reading the image above and reached a new epiphany...that church doesn't mean building at all.

There is a third way...simply fade back into the corners, but KJW doesn't strike me as that sort of person.

In any event, perhaps now KJW can finally press the EASY button and answer that "perplexing" question he posed to Metis, himself:

I owe all of you an apology on the point you shared with me. JW,org does teach that. Everyone errs.Yet in every sense, congregation is the true meaning.
And no matter what--the religion that came out of Rome was NOT the religion Jesus began. Nor any of its branches.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I owe all of you an apology on the point you shared with me. JW,org does teach that. Everyone errs.Yet in every sense, congregation is the true meaning.
And no matter what--the religion that came out of Rome was NOT the religion Jesus began. Nor any of its branches.
Can you admit that a congregation means a gathered group of people and that in any group there exists some people who do not belong? That is why when it was written it meant "the body of believers". Where two or more are gathered IN HIS NAME he is there. Not all people who profess him are in his name. You know that!

Oeste

And no matter what--the religion that came out of Rome was NOT the religion Jesus began. Nor any of its branches

I appreciate the apology KJW. Quite frankly it shows real character, something in short supply on this forum.

My only concern is that it's not what the bible teaches, but what JW.org teaches in order for you to agree. As djhwoodwerks stated previously this means there is a time limit on it. So if the Watchtower decides tomorrow that the church = Governing Body we will have the same disagreement again.

The ability to sway from a “truth” one day to a totally different “truth” the next is indicative, IMO, of classic cultist thinking (Colossians 2:16-23, Ephesian 4:14).

Daniel 12:4--The one who are revealing these truths here in these last days.

Let's go back here. Can you look at Daniel 12:4 and tell me which word you believe translates as "truth" because I'm not seeing it. Check your Watchtower sources if need be.

The only one with Gods truth. It took making correction to achieve truth.

If you are making corrections then you never had "God's truth". You had your own truth, not God's.

A testimony you must constantly correct does not make you a more believable or reliable Witness. If you take the stand, swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and then tell one story today and a completely different story the next you are not "achieving truth".

Again, going back to the court room, do you believe the testimony of the witness whose story changes one day to the next over the witness who gives a consistent testimony or account?

kjw47

Can you admit that a congregation means a gathered group of people and that in any group there exists some people who do not belong? That is why when it was written it meant "the body of believers". Where two or more are gathered IN HIS NAME he is there. Not all people who profess him are in his name. You know that!

The bible speaks about the real Jesus. There is more than one being taught.
It really isn't that difficult to see-- There is a worldwide brotherhood , united in Love, peace, unity of thought-no division( 1Cor 1:10)
Then there are these--Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand.
We all know Jesus will stand by his religion--So he is not with a divided house.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The bible speaks about the real Jesus. There is more than one being taught.
It really isn't that difficult to see-- There is a worldwide brotherhood , united in Love, peace, unity of thought-no division( 1Cor 1:10)
Then there are these--Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand.
We all know Jesus will stand by his religion--So he is not with a divided house.
What you can't see is that there exists IN the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses people who are not united with you for pure worship. So, the JWs are divided just as every other religion is.

‘Secret dossier’ of Jehovah’s Witness child abuse victims

kjw47

I appreciate the apology KJW. Quite frankly it shows real character, something in short supply on this forum.

My only concern is that it's not what the bible teaches, but what JW.org teaches in order for you to agree. As djhwoodwerks stated previously this means there is a time limit on it. So if the Watchtower decides tomorrow that the church = Governing Body we will have the same disagreement again.

The ability to sway from a “truth” one day to a totally different “truth” the next is indicative, IMO, of classic cultist thinking (Colossians 2:16-23, Ephesian 4:14).

Let's go back here. Can you look at Daniel 12:4 and tell me which word you believe translates as "truth" because I'm not seeing it. Check your Watchtower sources if need be.

If you are making corrections then you never had "God's truth". You had your own truth, not God's.

A testimony you must constantly correct does not make you a more believable or reliable Witness. If you take the stand, swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and then tell one story today and a completely different story the next you are not "achieving truth".

Again, going back to the court room, do you believe the testimony of the witness whose story changes one day to the next over the witness who gives a consistent testimony or account?

By making corrections they will prove to be right in the end of it all. By making corrections prove truth is what they seek.
I believe the word church or congregation has little bearing in the overall picture.

kjw47

What you can't see is that there exists IN the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses people who are not united with you for pure worship. So, the JWs are divided just as every other religion is.

‘Secret dossier’ of Jehovah’s Witness child abuse victims

Yes The bible teaches let them worship together. Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats.
I know for a fact--The elders council the parents to go to the police if they think it is necessary. Parents know enough not to leave a young one alone with another. Satan is everywhere. Didn't you believe Jesus at Matt 7:21-- Not all calling on the Lord will enter Gods kingdom. Obviously the goats.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes The bible teaches let them worship together. Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats.
I know for a fact--The elders council the parents to go to the police if they think it is necessary. Parents know enough not to leave a young one alone with another. Satan is everywhere. Didn't you believe Jesus at Matt 7:21-- Not all calling on the Lord will enter Gods kingdom. Obviously the goats.
Yes, but you are not hearing me! Do you call the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses the Truth? It isn't! There are goats there!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By making corrections they will prove to be right in the end of it all. By making corrections prove truth is what they seek.
I believe the word church or congregation has little bearing in the overall picture.
Scientists seek the truth, but if a scientist is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses what do you learn will happen to her?