• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s talk about the Bible

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@djhwoodwerks and the Jehovah's Witnesses cannot be convinced of anything other than what they believe to be true. I was JW. You know that! I did not LEAN on what they taught me. I am not LEANING on what people say the Bible means.

djhwoodwerks

@djhwoodwerks and the Jehovah's Witnesses cannot be convinced of anything other than what they believe to be true. I was JW. You know that! I did not LEAN on what they taught me. I am not LEANING on what people say the Bible means.

No, you're LEANING on what you UNDERSTAND the Bible to be saying. You are LEANING on your own understanding, which you claim the Bible warns against, "DO NOT"!

Yes. I trust him and I think he is with me just like he promised he would be.

Awesome! Doesn't He give you understanding?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[QUOTE="djhwoodwerks, post: 5386725, member: 57254
Awesome! Doesn't He give you understanding?[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Understanding is a good thing. It is written that ALL good things are from God.
So, therefore "own" understanding isn't even real.
All right understanding is from God. There is no own understanding. Understanding is not mine to own. It is a gift. And for each scripture, it must come. It doesn't come from me.

djhwoodwerks

I am not resting on it! It is resting. I can see it resting! OMG. I should post it again? Should I?

You can play the word game, like a good jw does, but it doesn't matter what you call it, "lean on", "rest on", "trust in", "rely on", pick one, you are doing it because you are on here claiming you know what is right!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You can play the word game, like a good jw does, but it doesn't matter what you call it, "lean on", "rest on", "trust in", "rely on", pick one, you are doing it because you are on here claiming you know what is right!
I don't think I am claiming that I know what is right. You, though, seem to be doing that. I am claiming that I know what is wrong and I am trying explanations for it.
It is WRONG saying that a person should not lean on his own understanding because believing so can and DOES (because we can SEE IT) foster trusting in the understanding of The Other People which is perfectly ridiculous! All the people who communicate their belief of righteousness ARE LEANING ON THEIR OWN UNDERSTANDING and people are leaning on theirs.

I am of the mind that at the very least God's Word should not teach ridiculousness!

djhwoodwerks

Awesome! Doesn't He give you understanding?

Exactly! Understanding is a good thing. It is written that ALL good things are from God.
So, therefore "own" understanding isn't even real.
All right understanding is from God. There is no own understanding. Understanding is not mine to own. It is a gift. And for each scripture, it must come. It doesn't come from me.

So, if JESUS gives you the "gift" of understanding, you're not to, lean on, trust in, rely on or rest on that understanding, because when Jesus GIVES you understanding, then it's yours, right? Or is Jesus just understanding for you thru you?

It is written that ALL good things are from God.

And how do you know that's true?

God didn't write the Bible. You know that!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All that was written is written by people who were leaning on their own understanding.
Now, you all are leaning on those people's own understanding.
Just because it is once removed does not make it right.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, if JESUS gives you the "gift" of understanding, you're not to, lean on, trust in, rely on or rest on that understanding, because when Jesus GIVES you understanding, then it's yours, right? Or is Jesus just understanding for you thru you?
I am not the one arguing. I am procrastinating my housework.

And how do you know that's true?
I don't. But, I believe nothing is possible without first GOD. I believe God is GOOD. Goodness and understanding are inventions OF GOD.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, if JESUS gives you the "gift" of understanding,
I can't answer that. Each understanding I perceive as a gift. The one gift is adoption. I am a born again.

you're not to, lean on, trust in, rely on or rest on that understanding,
Understanding is of the mind. The brain is flesh. I do not trust in flesh.

because when Jesus GIVES you understanding, then it's yours, right?
Yes, but I am aware that it is not mine to keep safe. I can't keep it safe.

Or is Jesus just understanding for you thru you?
That is a wonderful sentence! I shall think about for and through.

djhwoodwerks

I don't think I am claiming that I know what is right. You, though, seem to be doing that. I am claiming that I know what is wrong and I am trying explanations for it.

Your witness mentality is showing again sw!

You're not claiming you know what is right, you're just claiming you know what is wrong? And then giving "explanations" of why "you're right" and the Bible is wrong, correct?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your witness mentality is showing again sw!

You're not claiming you know what is right, you're just claiming you know what is wrong? And then giving "explanations" of why "you're right" and the Bible is wrong, correct?
Yes, that is correct. It works best when it is right, imo.