1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Let’s talk about the Bible

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Vee, Nov 1, 2017.

1. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

God set it up for truths to be revealed--At the proper time= when God willed--not before--not one on earth knew the hidden truths until God revealed them at the proper time(Dan 12:4) Matt 24:45)

2. adrian009

adrian009 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,121
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    But do the JWs really unlock the hidden truths? Perhaps one of the most disturbing aspects of the JWs and some other Christian groups is equating the United Nations with the beast. Anyone who is remotely acquainted with history appreciates the necessity of such a body and the need for good international governance in the aftermath of two world wars.

3. Ingledsva

Ingledsva HEATHEN ALASKAN

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Three separate - in the same place - at the same time - means three individuals, - no ONE/trinity. :)

4. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +521
    Religion:
    Christian

The book of Daniel being open in the book of Revelation.

5. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

God allows the govts so their wont be total anarchy, but not one does the will of God.
    The image of the beast = peace and security.
    Satan doesn't get one deceived by going --here I am follow me--Know he and his teachers transforms into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15)-- using love, sharing, whatever it takes to mislead. He beat 99% living today, centuries ago.

6. savagewind

savagewind Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    LOL. Do you know how funny you are?

7. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

What are you expecting for the world to be fooled into worshipping the image of the beast? It has to look good to the mortal heart, right? Like this-2Corinthians 11:12-15)

8. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    No, I do not agree that it has to look good and by the way, the governing body members look good, it has to look right.

Good cannot be faked. Righteousness is being faked all the time.

9. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Then you are saying that mortals are gonna serve the image of the beast even though they know it is satan and they will be standing in opposition to God---Think again. It would have to look good to the mortal heart to fool them into worshipping the image of the beast--- Any sound mature reasoning comes up with that reality.
    Satan and his teachers transform into angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15) Yes they use good, love, sharing --anything to mislead.

10. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +12,245
    Religion:
    Catholic-- liberal & ecumenical
    Not if they're viewed as being "manifestations".

11. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    What! Good? You do not know Jehovah. And if it is by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses that you learned that they do not know Jehovah either.

ALL good things come from Jehovah. There is not one good, but God alone.
    YOU CAN NOT FAKE GOOD!

12. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    @kjw47 You say that the antichrist will fake good. But goodness is Jehovah's Domain.
    How can anybody fake it? Good cannot be faked! Look for good and you will find Jesus.
    Jesus is real.

13. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    Good:

to be desired or approved of.
    having the [real] qualities required for a [real] particular role

that which is morally right; righteousness.

benefit or advantage to someone or something

well

Good is about IS. Righteousness is about want to be.

14. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

I don't see your explanation of why so many will worship the image of the beast? Since you say I am wrong. I showed you the bible says satan and his teachers transform into an angel of light-2Cor 11:12-15

15. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    Yes, light stands for knowing and NOT goodness.

16. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    It is the difference between: I can see it! And I know what is right!

Goodness knows what is right.
    Seeing thinks it knows what is the right way to get to the right.

Which, according to you, is better?

Knowing or knowing the way?

Knowing is best!

17. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

A prime example of satan making a false god look good to mortal hearts---Valentines day--The world Jesus taught to be no part of, added a true life false god=Cupid to this holiday. A false god worshipped by humans for centuries. A cartoon drawing= a graven image. Yet most parent' hand this down to their children. God didn't forget who cupid is-- it is satan posing as all false gods. The world lives in its darkness because they must fit in.

18. Oeste

Oeste Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +389
    Religion:
    Christian
    That’s good to know. I’ll remember it. However I do not see the JW's or the Baha'is as "completely biblically based". The JW's are certainly Watchtower based, while the Bahai's have sprinklings from various religions.

If you believe in the bible as authoritative I'n sure you accept no other gospel except the one preached by Jesus and his apostles:

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

These passages alone eliminates any subsequent gospel message, like those of Mohammed or the Bab.

Individual Christians hold a variety of personal views just like any other religion, and Prejudice is a human trait that can manifest anywhere…in our homes, schools, communities, governments and churches. I’m not aware of any major Christian religion that practices or promotes anti-Semitic views

Prove? I generally shy away from terms such as “prove”. I think it much better to say evidence. The greater or weightier the evidence, the more likely a particular assertion is correct.

I believe “better” theology comes through sound hermeneutics and critical exegesis rather than simply proof texting with a concordance. “Proof-texting” is a great way to draw attention or show that a particular bible verse exists. Beyond that it’s not much more than an exercise in polysemy.

19. Oeste

Oeste Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +389
    Religion:
    Christian
    Confusing me with a Tritheist is like me confusing you with a Mormon.

We are still in the church age.Once this ends scriptural attention focuses on the Jews, but if you see the 3rd temple being built, all bets are off! :)

20. Oeste

Oeste Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +389
    Religion:
    Christian
    Then it is painfully obvious that now is not "the proper time" because they are still changing truths. Once they stop changing truths, we'll know it's the proper time for that truth to be revealed.

Is this correct, or does God reveal improper truths at improper times?