• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Less stress in life. (Minimalist benefit)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Less stress
Imagine you’re driving home from work and hear your phone ring. You pick up (on the speakerphone of course) and an acquaintance lets you know she’s in the neighborhood and asks if she can pick up the jacket she left at your place. She lives an hour away, so it would be great if she could get it right when you get home.

Are you panicking yet? Usually, it takes you a half hour to tidy up the house before company comes over, but now you have only five minutes. Maybe less.

But, what if a quick clean up only took you a couple of minutes or so? Just picking up a few things here and there? Or maybe there’s no clean up involved at all? It sounds a lot less stressful, doesn’t it? While it might sound far off, it’s entirely possible—and it’s possible thanks to a lifestyle philosophy called minimalism.

Having clutter around your home and in your life also contributes to stress. When you’ve cleared off surfaces in your home and simplified other areas in your life, you’ll feel a sense of peace and marvel at the difference.

More time
Time is arguably our most valuable resource. Once it is spent, it is gone forever. We never get more than 24 hours in a day and we never know when our time will run out. With less stuff to worry about, less clutter to organize and maintain, we regain time in our days. This provides the opportunity to begin implementing daily habits that will guide your life in the direction you want.

What Is Minimalism? A Practical Guide to a Minimalist Lifestyle - Break the Twitch

PureX

Veteran Member
It only contributes to stress when you think clutter is bad, or you care that other people think it's bad.

Some people thrive in clutter because they can focus on several tasks at once. Or they see the clutter as having lots of available options. And they don't really care what others think of their clutter. Just sayin' .

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It only contributes to stress when you think clutter is bad, or you care that other people think it's bad.

Some people thrive in clutter because they can focus on several tasks at once. Or they see the clutter as having lots of available options. And they don't really care what others think of their clutter. Just sayin' .
Some people like a clutter free home, some feel best at home with their home full of gadget, it comes down to what each person feel comfortable with.

Minimalism may not be the lifestyle for everybody.

PureX

Veteran Member
Some people like a clutter free home, some feel best at home with their home full of gadget, it comes down to what each person feel comfortable with.

Minimalism may not be the lifestyle for everybody.
I guess the point is to rid oneself of whatever, causes us stress. Maybe that's clutter, or maybe it's noise, or maybe it's having to make too many choices, or maybe it's not having enough.

One of the things I learned years ago was to always drive myself to events so that I would never be trapped there, waiting on someone else to leave. I find that scenario very stressful.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I guess the point is to rid oneself of whatever, causes us stress. Maybe that's clutter, or maybe it's noise, or maybe it's having to make too many choices, or maybe it's not having enough.

One of the things I learned years ago was to always drive myself to events so that I would never be trapped there, waiting on someone else to leave. I find that scenario very stressful.
Some people would say "living a extreme minimalist" lifestyle is uncomfortable, and yes to a degree it is. But it is a discomfort that fulfill other areas of life :)

Being in a tiny bit of discomfort make a person more awake and aware of the moment.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Less stress
Imagine you’re driving home from work and hear your phone ring. You pick up (on the speakerphone of course) and an acquaintance lets you know she’s in the neighborhood and asks if she can pick up the jacket she left at your place. She lives an hour away, so it would be great if she could get it right when you get home.

Are you panicking yet? Usually, it takes you a half hour to tidy up the house before company comes over, but now you have only five minutes. Maybe less.

But, what if a quick clean up only took you a couple of minutes or so? Just picking up a few things here and there? Or maybe there’s no clean up involved at all? It sounds a lot less stressful, doesn’t it? While it might sound far off, it’s entirely possible—and it’s possible thanks to a lifestyle philosophy called minimalism.

Having clutter around your home and in your life also contributes to stress. When you’ve cleared off surfaces in your home and simplified other areas in your life, you’ll feel a sense of peace and marvel at the difference.

More time
Time is arguably our most valuable resource. Once it is spent, it is gone forever. We never get more than 24 hours in a day and we never know when our time will run out. With less stuff to worry about, less clutter to organize and maintain, we regain time in our days. This provides the opportunity to begin implementing daily habits that will guide your life in the direction you want.

What Is Minimalism? A Practical Guide to a Minimalist Lifestyle - Break the Twitch

I don't invite people over that mind a bit of clutter. "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind", I hear.

You too, eh?

amorphous_constellation

I naturally have a ton of clutter here, thanks to being a musician. The stuff is sort of organized however, but someone might not perceive it that way. Well, I admit that these instrument cords around here just naturally tangle with each other, and maybe that's not optimal. It doesn't look very neat, but at least I know where everything is, for the most part. I guess my main problem right now, is using it. It is stuff that I want, and seem to need, but I have to use it more.

It stresses me out, this thing about having it, and not making optimal use of it. But time and energy levels make it hard. Maybe that's just an excuse