1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lemuria and alchemy

Discussion in 'Interviewing Religious Forum Members' started by KAT-KAT, Jun 23, 2021.

1. KAT-KAT

KAT-KAT Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,774
    Religion:
    Daughter of Shiva
    When I say the words "Lemuria" and "Alchemy", they have special meaning to me. One reason has to do with a video game I used to play. The other has to do with some things said to me in an astrological reading.

I was just wondering if those words have any special meaning to you. So yeah, I'll get a lot of "it doesn't" replies, but I'm holding out just in case that 1% relates to those words, and what they might have to say about them

2. Conscious thoughts

Conscious thoughts Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +12,013
    Religion:
    Osmanli Nakshibedi Way, Sufism
    Lemuria seek crystal :) the one that has a message ingraved in it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +11,883
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    I've never heard of lemuria. Alchemy has a recognised meaning, and that is what it means to me.

4. Kooky

Kooky Freedom from Sanity

Ratings:
    +1,141
    In the legends of Atlantis, Lemuria was one of the island-continents that sank to the bottom of the sea alongside Atlantis.

In the legends of the Theosophists, Lemuria was the ancient, mysterious origin of mankind.

In the role playing game Genius The Transgression, the Lemurians are mad scientists whose theories were disproven by reality, and who now live in twilight realms bordering our reality they created from their own pseudoscientific delusions.

In modern reality, Lemurs are an evolutionary branch of mammals from which modern apes and monkeys descended, and which died out everywhere except for the island of Madagascar. They are usually diurnal or nocturnal, with large eyes capable of seeing in areas of dim light or darkness that give them this funny look:
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. KAT-KAT

KAT-KAT Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,774
    Religion:
    Daughter of Shiva
    I can add a couple:

In a video game series called Golden Sun, published by Nintendo and developed by a developer from like the Sega Genesis days called Camelot, Lemuria and Alchemy were big themes as part of the fiction.

Also, there seems to be a slight revival of Lemuria in New Age groups. They think that for those who are starseeds, that they came from one of ten or more groups, and one of those entries is Lemuria.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Kooky

Kooky Freedom from Sanity

Ratings:
    +1,141
    Well, medieval alchemy itself was influenced by Neoplatonism, which could explain the relation to Atlantis and Lemuria.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hermit Philosopher

Hermit Philosopher Selflessly here for you

Ratings:
    +427
    Among certain Christian mystics, alchemy was a term that referred to changes in the experience of a worldly object/phenomenon, caused by an altered spiritual mind-set and perspective.

Humbly
    Hermit