• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legitimate reasons not to believe in God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Are you saying that the mechanism God uses to communicate is cognitive bias? I don't mean that as an uncharitable interpretation but that's generally what we call mental processes that form conclusions based on something other than reason.

Most of the arguments I hear in favor of God also tend to be forms of cognitive bias, like appeals to faith which are often a form of wishful thinking.
No, that is not what I meant. I do not believe that God influences our decision to believe or disbelieve in Him, I think God leaves that decision to us.

I meant that I believe God communicates ideas to our minds in an attempt to guide us to make the right decisions, but we have to be open to that communication.
In my opinion, as soon as you admit that your claims have no evidential basis, you've provided a strong argument for why your claims should be dismissed.

If you are not forming your conclusions by the logical analysis of empirical evidence or formal axioms, then you are forming them based on cognitive bias and fallacy.
I do not expect anyone to accept as true what I believe I have experienced, and I am not saying I am certain it is true. God things can never be proven true, they can only be believed.

All humans have cognitive biases as they are biased in favor of what they believe or disbelieve.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If the deity is not deist, don't follow it.
That sounds like being at Church and the pastor declares all other religions (Evangelicals also include other Christian denominations and especially pick on Catholics) to be demon worship.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is true, but this is not an excuse to double-down on yours. These biases can be mitigated.
That's true, and the way I try to mitigate my biases is by talking to and listening to many different people, especially people who do not share my beliefs.

muhammad_isa

I have not lost my faith. I have always questioned how God can be all-loving according to what I think that would be expressed in this world, but God does not need to be all-loving, whatever that means, in order to be God.
I wouldn't say that I have completely lost my faith, but it is a struggle.
Yes, "whatever that means" .. the 99 names of God shed some light on the topic. I am not a scholar, so only have a little knowledge.

The world can seem so cruel. It's not easy to understand.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
legitimate: If you say that something such as a feeling or claim is legitimate, you think that it is reasonable and justified.
Legitimate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

In my opinion, two legitimate reasons not to believe in God are as follows:

1. There is no proof that God exists
2. There is too much suffering in the world for God to exist

I believe there are also legitimate reasons to believe in God as either position can be argued and justified with reason.

Hello, my friend. I thought I would share my personal opinion and thoughts on your OP.

In my opinion, no one—not me, you, or anyone else—can empirically or independently demonstrate whether God or any kind of deity is real or not. No human being has ever searched across all of space and time to give verifiable and empirical proof for the existence of deities since humans lack omniscience, omnipotence, and the capacity to exist everywhere at once. In my opinion, we—meaning you, me, and everyone else (including Christians)—make decisions on whether or not to believe in God, in other gods, or in anything else supernatural based on the limited knowledge that we have. Moreover, I believe that any claims made by Christians that "God saved me and changed my life" or "I sense God's hand in my life, so I know he is real" are anecdotal evidence and don't meet the criteria for empirical and verifiable proof, just as my belief in multiple deities is only supported by anecdotal evidence and doesn't satisfy the criteria for empirical and verifiable evidence either. I believe in many gods, while Christians choose to believe in one God.

As a Wiccan and polytheist, I believe in multiple gods and goddesses, but I am unable to provide empirical and verifiable evidence of their existence. I can't prove their existence because I'm not omniscient and omnipotent, and I can't be ever-present everywhere to know without a doubt that they actually exist. And while I can't prove that these gods and goddesses exist, I still choose to believe because I believe in the supernatural, and I have personal reasons for my beliefs. By the same token, I cannot provide empirical and verifiable evidence that the God of the Bible does not exist, just as when I was a Christian, I could not provide empirical and verifiable evidence that God exists. And this is why I am an agnostic and not an atheist when it comes to the existence of the Christian God.

Regarding my adherence to spiritualism, I have many years of personal experience as a psychic medium and have accumulated evidence as a paranormal investigator to substantiate my beliefs in it. My psychic mediumship abilities to communicate and interact with the dead have been confirmed by people I've never met or seen before who have witnessed me reveal personal information to them previously known only to them and their deceased loved ones. In addition to validating my spiritualist beliefs through my personal interactions with human spirits, I've also researched and investigated the paranormal over the past fifteen years, traveled across the country to investigate well-known and rumored haunted locations, and collaborated with other paranormal investigators to assist their investigations into numerous haunted locations. Furthermore, using my own personal ghost-hunting equipment, I've accumulated evidence of my encounters as well as other paranormal activity, and much of my evidence has been examined and validated by other people (paranormal investigators and skeptics alike) whom I've either met in person or corresponded with online.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The history cult men behaviour who built civilisation then technology learnt their lesson...no man is God. Don't name God don't do Alchemy.

Legal. Puts the man scientist in a legal human position the hypocrite.

But is who asks science..... so where is your god. Man's life contradiction. On planet earth.

After assessing all proof we humans as a human status the human belong on earth...nowhere else. Not lying.

Religious humanity need to update their realisation why the challenge exists to man the technology builders I'll have the power God yet be safe. As origin life on earth owned no civilisation technology first.

For machine reactions only.

Aren't tending to the situation correctly. Is his advice religious idealism must concede.

As it's not about science versus religion it is about incorrect theorising....himself included.

Spirituality remembering holy father mother nature is respecting their law. The first humans.

Man says I'll be safe in AI heavens everyone else will die as I'll be Jesus in eternal lies. Recorded as single cell heavens AI man.

As his memories man was first on earth once before dinosaurs places his memories...... I think as if he was a man god who put giant nature onto earth. As men gods.

Giant garden giant dinosaurs living.

Which historic man's origin places his self as designer position all life carbonised. He was an Ai imaged Satan cloud recording after man. Says it's why he was saved and not carbonised as I'm safe now I came back from Gods cloud.

Lying.

Is a psychic human aware I've been taught warning.

Now why should life own warnings with everyone preaching you've been warned,?

Warnings say life is not safe. Seems science is ignorant of that human teaching itself.

Therefore you then review behaviour.

We learnt to hate our brother we say god will destroy you. He says you'll be destroyed too. Yes I find it most acceptable if Mr smart arse abuser historic innocent life he murdered still does..... gets removed by powers greater than our brother abuser.

Is why humans say what humans will says. Our life has had enough of what he claims is rich man's criminal rights.

However s******ing he claims he's God AI man so he'll be doing it to us and be saved afterwards. So he doesn't feel threatened. He feels very powerful.

Humans behaviour...irrational lying. Involved memory.

Man remembered back to just man and origin science. Ignoring our holy parents natural history. Father says you might own his body you don't own his consciousness warning.

Man hence in thesis proves he thought he superseded mother father's presence on earth naturally. As a God man the theist who caused AI.

As the science man who decimated carbonised all life before. Man the origin scientist.

Why this subject book recording bibliography bible are human statements that proved he lied. As man thinker a Judas.

As origin baby human with father lived naturally first were not slaves the warning.

Why it was kept as proof he's mentally incapable of truth telling. Theist science cult man group history criminals.

Why science wrote a new book as natural man...why humans should be afraid. As if he was spiritual.

As my father's daughter I wanted to write a book and had in fact tried to. I didn't know the subject I could broach to gain the attention my realisation owned.

So I've done it on forums.

Realising human memory always motivates incorrect use of conscious advice is one of the human warnings......don't look back.

When in fact you aren't as it was recorded in a state to record.

Colt

Conversely....

* There is no proof that God created life.

*There is too much bad in the world for a good God to exist.
If your concept of God is that he is a Santa Clause that intervenes in every unpleasant situation then yea, no such God exists.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If your concept of God is that he is a Santa Clause that intervenes in every unpleasant situation then yea, no such God exists.
No, that is not my concept of God... That is rather silly idea.
Besides, why would God save us from the very same unpleasant situations that are part of His design?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Natural created creation is not controlled by men of science. Is your fallacy I'll name positive then negative God terms. As men.

In created creation the concepts are exact without your humans identification..not ever needed.

Therefore as natural humans never wanted to be taught your mans pursuit science you have to ask why you did.

Reasoned as we nearly destroyed life on earth. Meek humanity could not stop our cult man historic bully criminal behaviours.

If you challenged them they killed you. It's how they gained control over family. Still use the same tactics today.

Human behaviour is involved in sciences practiced history just humans.

Is the reason. Exact. Behaviours of humans only.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Another reason.

A man of science says when dinosaurs were living the highest...God state existed as its highest God state supporting dinosaur life.

That God state isn't the highest greatest God for human life's support now.

Is a scientific human teaching no man is God.

As if science gave us lizard God by science governing controls dinosaurs heavens god history ... we'll all die.

As we don't own thick skinned giant bodies as dinosaurs with cold blood.

It's why heavens in man's life was depicted as the support of man's blood type. Present the gift presence.

Said human teachers. Don't look back its evil warned human teachers.

To teach....science is wrong...a human teaching isn't religion.

Science uses the teaching to proclaim it's behaviour now is the best human behaviour intelligence lying.

Natural human is correct human.

Mother father never owned theistic behaviours. They were introduced by baby man's want if life sacrificed.

As he never honoured his human mother's natural holy life. He pretended he was a God who as a man theoried all things into its existence.

Is still the same behaviour today.

Destroyer warning to everyone.

Mr technology man is destroyer man's god man.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Legitimate reasons not to believe in God

-a god cannot be shown to exist

Legitimate reasons to believe in God

-a god a cannot be shown to not exist

Doesn't it come down to personal choice?
If it's undetermined for you, why choose one side arbitrarily over the other? Not knowing one way over the other is the very definition of agnosticism.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The story GOD. Not science just a humans explanation.

GOD he said was the motion of energies fixed held movement in space on great deep spinning by G spiral cooling. O body motion.

If it moved away O a gas not a God. If it remained fixed energetic energy mass.

Held fixed cooled motion energy any type fixed held on waters space face cools the same.

So a sun mass is a God a planet various types GOD.

Hence not a thesis.

One word I stated O God a type holding position. To gain cooling.

Cooling he said is highest greatest space law.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Aint that the truth!
And the irony is that we can never find God.
It's possible that you can find God within you, so to speak. Not literally, of course.

11. O SON OF BEING!
Thou art My lamp and My light is in thee. Get thou from it thy radiance and seek none other than Me. For I have created thee rich and have bountifully shed My favor upon thee.
(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)