• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize my new religion

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What does anything you wrote have to do with anything I wrote? I asked you a question and you reply with rhetoric.

You posted what you consider relevant about the bible, i countered with more relevant stuff about the bible, difference being you like your cherry picked bits, you don't like mine and pretend they don't exist.

I do notice however that you don't even try to refute them

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You posted what you consider relevant about the bible, i countered with more relevant stuff about the bible, difference being you like your cherry picked bits, you don't like mine and pretend they don't exist.

I do notice however that you don't even try to refute them

I don't understand. How can I, at the same time, "cherry pick bits" to prove my point and yet not "even try to refute" the points you're making?

Which is it?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't understand. How can I, at the same time, "cherry pick bits" to prove my point and yet not "even try to refute" the points you're making?

Which is it?

Easy, you just did it again, can't you see that?

You made a cherry picked "god is magic" claim yet whine and hide behind ignorance when other statements that are detailed in the bible are mentioned because you don't like the bits (lots) that paint your faith in a disgusting and inhuman light

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Easy, you just did it again, can't you see that?

You made a cherry picked "god is magic" claim yet whine and hide behind ignorance when other statements that are detailed in the bible are mentioned because you don't like the bits (lots) that paint your faith in a disgusting and inhuman light

I didn't say "god is magical". I said you and I are moral agents, responsible in all society, law and jurisprudence for free will actions. You can pretend to either blaming God for what you do or to blaming predestination or predetermined actions, but you and I know we are moral agents.

As to your accusation, if what you're saying is true than every single Bible believer is delusional. How did the millions or even billions of us all miss the "smoking gun evidence" that Judaism and Christianity are horrible? Are you know claiming that over 1 Billion people are in a cult?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I didn't say "god is magical". I said you and I are moral agents, responsible in all society, law and jurisprudence for free will actions. You can pretend to either blaming God for what you do or to blaming predestination or predetermined actions, but you and I know we are moral agents.

As to your accusation, if what you're saying is true than every single Bible believer is delusional. How did the millions or even billions of us all miss the "smoking gun evidence" that Judaism and Christianity are horrible? Are you know claiming that over 1 Billion people are in a cult?

You attribute the making of everything in the universe including the universe itself and free will to god. How did such events happen. God dun it is just the same as god magic.

I don't blame god in the same way i don't blame harry potter. I am responsible for my own morality, as are you, difference is i accept personal responsibility you blame god.

Its called gullibility, a gullibility that leaches free will.

Actually about 50,000 cults of Christianity alone and there are over 4000 other religions each with theory own share of cults.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You attribute the making of everything in the universe including the universe itself and free will to god. How did such events happen. God dun it is just the same as god magic.

I don't blame god in the same way i don't blame harry potter. I am responsible for my own morality, as are you, difference is i accept personal responsibility you blame god.

Its called gullibility, a gullibility that leaches free will.

Actually about 50,000 cults of Christianity alone and there are over 4000 other religions each with theory own share of cults.

It is a fallacy to say Goddoneit is an inappropriate label on certain things. For example, the telelogical argument tells us that we've yet to prove any designed thing beyond a designer.

If you are responsible for your own morality, and there is a Heaven after death only for those able to exist there (morally perfect, not harming others in the slightest) how will you enter apart from Christ's transformative power.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It is a fallacy to say Goddoneit is an inappropriate label on certain things. For example, the telelogical argument tells us that we've yet to prove any designed thing beyond a designer.

If you are responsible for your own morality, and there is a Heaven after death only for those able to exist there (morally perfect, not harming others in the slightest) how will you enter apart from Christ's transformative power.

We've yet to prove a designer. In fact a designer god is quite probably one of the most disproved concepts ever.

You have evidence of a heaven? End of story.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
We've yet to prove a designer. In fact a designer god is quite probably one of the most disproved concepts ever.

You have evidence of a heaven? End of story.

I think there are several excellent design arguments. One design argument is complex specified information (such as in DNA) has never been shown to originate from anything other than intelligence . . .

I don't need forensic evidence of Heaven if I have reasonable evidence for the veracity of Bible teachings. And I can see Heavenly blessings in terms of cause and effect.

Some would argue we can see evidence of Hell on Earth, too!

ChristineM

Premium Member
I think there are several excellent design arguments. One design argument is complex specified information (such as in DNA) has never been shown to originate from anything other than intelligence . . .

I don't need forensic evidence of Heaven if I have reasonable evidence for the veracity of Bible teachings. And I can see Heavenly blessings in terms of cause and effect.

Some would argue we can see evidence of Hell on Earth, too!

Nonsense indicating dire lack of knowledge of dna which is really quite a simple and made of 5 basic elements (Hydrogen, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus)
which are known to be produced in first generation suns. Perhaps you confusion comes from believing quantity is the same as complexity.

Please provide any valid scientific citation in which the author shows dna to have been designed.

Here are around 3 million links indicating otherwise
development of dna - Google Scholar
Which funnily enough you say don't exist.

So you have no evidence then, thanks for being so honest even if you did taint that honesty with waffle.

Yes live been to hell and back, no supernatural nonsense involved, just a really sick individual.

Or you may me impress by this village in Norway
Town-of-Hell-Norway-791685.jpg

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Nonsense indicating dire lack of knowledge of dna which is really quite a simple and made of 5 basic elements (Hydrogen, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus)
which are known to be produced in first generation suns. Perhaps you confusion comes from believing quantity is the same as complexity.

Please provide any valid scientific citation in which the author shows dna to have been designed.

Here are around 3 million links indicating otherwise
development of dna - Google Scholar
Which funnily enough you say don't exist.

So you have no evidence then, thanks for being so honest even if you did taint that honesty with waffle.

Yes live been to hell and back, no supernatural nonsense involved, just a really sick individual.

Or you may me impress by this village in Norway
Town-of-Hell-Norway-791685.jpg

You diminish the thoughtful argument by posting mocking humor. Every time a skeptic mocks me 1) I get rewarded 2) you prove the Bible's assertion that skeptics are mockers. Thanks for proving the Bible right yet again.

We are both aware there is no peer review "designed!" paper.

However, one design argument is complex specified information (such as in DNA) has never been shown to originate from anything other than intelligence.

Part of this marvelous design includes single-handed chains, chains turning back on themselves and looping closed, and the fact that life is amino acids directing amino acids to produce amino acids.

It's not like you will meet God and say 1) I couldn't see any design evidence anywhere (since it's everywhere) 2) I never met people who proselytized to me and were patient when I mocked them.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You diminish the thoughtful argument by posting mocking humor. Every time a skeptic mocks me 1) I get rewarded 2) you prove the Bible's assertion that skeptics are mockers. Thanks for proving the Bible right yet again.

We are both aware there is no peer review "designed!" paper.

However, one design argument is complex specified information (such as in DNA) has never been shown to originate from anything other than intelligence.

Part of this marvelous design includes single-handed chains, chains turning back on themselves and looping closed, and the fact that life is amino acids directing amino acids to produce amino acids.

It's not like you will meet God and say 1) I couldn't see any design evidence anywhere (since it's everywhere) 2) I never met people who proselytized to me and were patient when I mocked them.

You you still have no explanation for your deliberate misrepresentation on the dna molecule. So fall back on personal abuse and repeating the same old discredited argument over again by misrepresenting dna

P.s. i provided a search link to around 3 million such links. Seems you ignored that.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You you still have no explanation for your deliberate misrepresentation on the dna molecule. So fall back on personal abuse and repeating the same old discredited argument over again by misrepresenting dna

P.s. i provided a search link to around 3 million such links. Seems you ignored that.

I don't understand how to respond. The 3 million links prove that DNA was not designed? What was your point.

And I never fall back on "personal abuse". I'm very kind when we speak, but I have pointed out that when you mock and abuse me, you show the Bible is true.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't understand how to respond. The 3 million links prove that DNA was not designed? What was your point.

And I never fall back on "personal abuse". I'm very kind when we speak, but I have pointed out that when you mock and abuse me, you show the Bible is true.

The fact is i provided a link to search results showing over 3 million links that you claim don't exist.

I do not mock and and abuse, i provide valid, factual information, if you choose to name call me because of that, yes you are using personal abuse.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The fact is i provided a link to search results showing over 3 million links that you claim don't exist.

I do not mock and and abuse, i provide valid, factual information, if you choose to name call me because of that, yes you are using personal abuse.

I never claimed millions of links on the web are nonexistent.

I'm claiming the following currently with you:

1. When you make jokes and mock, you prove the Bible is real, to my full satisfaction. I'm grateful for this.

2. We cannot prove a negative, like "God does not exist" or "DNA was not designed".

ChristineM

Premium Member
I never claimed millions of links on the web are nonexistent.

I'm claiming the following currently with you:

1. When you make jokes and mock, you prove the Bible is real, to my full satisfaction. I'm grateful for this.

2. We cannot prove a negative, like "God does not exist" or "DNA was not designed".

Actually you did, you made a statement that implies those links don't exist.

So my humour validates your faith? Damn if i knew religion was so easily swayed id have joked long ago.

Nor can you prove god exists. Interesting how you only choose to counter a negative

And there you go again claiming those links are false. Yet you deny you make such a claim

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Actually you did, you made a statement that implies those links don't exist.

So my humour validates your faith? Damn if i knew religion was so easily swayed id have joked long ago.

Nor can you prove god exists. Interesting how you only choose to counter a negative

And there you go again claiming those links are false. Yet you deny you make such a claim

No, I can prove God exists, and found it necessary to do so prior to my own conversion. That's not a proof of a negative but a positive.

There are millions of webpages that say things that are true, some that are lies, some that are half-truths. God grant us both the wisdom to know the difference.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No, I can prove God exists, and found it necessary to do so prior to my own conversion. That's not a proof of a negative but a positive.

There are millions of webpages that say things that are true, some that are lies, some that are half-truths. God grant us both the wisdom to know the difference.

If you found proof then obviously you must have evidence to share. I suggest you share it with the religious leaders of all the different faiths because people have been trying for ten thousand years or more to prove their god(s) exist and to date they have failed. Such evidence as you claim would of course make you a religious celebrity, rich and famous, with all those fawning religious leaders on your speed dial.

DNA does not lie, ask the 10s of thousands prisoners who claim they were nowhere near the scene of the crime yet were still convicted on dna evidence alone.

Please note, each and every one of those links are of an academic nature, reviewed and accepted for educational purposes.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If you found proof then obviously you must have evidence to share. I suggest you share it with the religious leaders of all the different faiths because people have been trying for ten thousand years or more to prove their god(s) exist and to date they have failed. Such evidence as you claim would of course make you a religious celebrity, rich and famous, with all those fawning religious leaders on your speed dial.

DNA does not lie, ask the 10s of thousands prisoners who claim they were nowhere near the scene of the crime yet were still convicted on dna evidence alone.

Please note, each and every one of those links are of an academic nature, reviewed and accepted for educational purposes.

I note that your reasons for desiring possible proof of God's existence are fame and fortune. The Bible says God is seeking people to humbly enter into relationship with Him.

I agree DNA has a lot of truth for us, yes:

Has complex specified information (as in DNA) been shown to originate from non-intelligence?

Since DNA provides dangers from mutations, why aren't more people deformed after 400,000 years?

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Since DNA provides dangers from mutations, why aren't more people deformed after 400,000 years?

Because "dangerous mutations" are not beneficial? This is starting to feel like beating a dead horse:

You are arguing about DNA. But you have limited acceptance of evolution. HOW are we going to explain this in a way which conforms to your beliefs? And why SHOULD we?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I note that your reasons for desiring possible proof of God's existence are fame and fortune. The Bible says God is seeking people to humbly enter into relationship with Him.

I agree DNA has a lot of truth for us, yes:

Has complex specified information (as in DNA) been shown to originate from non-intelligence?

Then you note wrong, in fact you completely b*ll*xed up my post with your misinterpretation. Why am i not surprised?

Again, dna is not complex, how many times need you be told that 5 molecules do not make for complexity. You, as those religious people who balk at science because it pops your bubble deliberately misrepresent quantity for complexity.

Has dna been shown to be created? Never.

Your last question shows complete ignorance of natural selection. Also not unexpected