• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize my new religion

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
WHAT!!!! you forgot post #14 already the whole I am a legalist atheistic totalitarian dictator…who once my goal are achieved I can then crush your religion…because this will make me happy….. bears and tanks are a part of my plan for world domination... and yours can be the official religion of my totalitarian state....well....at least for a few minutes..... then I must crush it..... but I as far as religions go... I will crush your religion last.

Bears? Are you going to arm bears with tanks? Cool

Reactions: BSL

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Bears? Are you going to arm bears with tanks? Cool

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

beartank.jpg

DavidFirth

You obviously don't know what atheism is.

Oh, I do not what it is, all right. It is when a person decides that that person is their own god. That's atheism any way you want to twist it, bro.

You are your own god when you think that you decide what is right and wrong and what is good and bad for you. Common sense.

BSL

Atheist God
H
Oh, I do not what it is, all right. It is when a person decides that that person is their own god. That's atheism any way you want to twist it, bro.

You are your own god when you think that you decide what is right and wrong and what is good and bad for you. Common sense.
Make me your god David

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Yeah, you obviously don't know what atheism is. This makes that clear.
1. Atheists do not believe that they are their own God. Atheism is the "lack of belief in God or gods". There is no divinity. There is no supernatural, personal creator. Many believe that we are natural, thinking mammals. The most advanced on earth, but probability dictates that we most likely aren't the most advanced in the universe or even our own galaxy. We will most likely never find intelligent aliens due to the fact that the nearest habitable planet is thousands of years away traveling at thousands of miles an hour, but there is absolutely no reason to think we are alone.
2. Atheists do not believe that they decide what is right or wrong. Imho, societal evolution and empathy does that. But, atheists have varying opinions about the genesis of morality. To group atheists together in this way demonstrates your extreme ignorance as to what atheism is and isn't.

DavidFirth

1. Atheists do not believe that they are their own God. Atheism is the "lack of belief in God or gods". There is no divinity. There is no supernatural, personal creator. Many believe that we are natural, thinking mammals. The most advanced on earth, but probability dictates that we most likely aren't the most advanced in the universe or even our own galaxy. We will most likely never find intelligent aliens due to the fact that the nearest habitable planet is thousands of years away traveling at thousands of miles an hour, but there is absolutely no reason to think we are alone.
2. Atheists do not believe that they decide what is right or wrong. Imho, societal evolution and empathy does that. But, atheists have varying opinions about the genesis of morality. To group atheists together in this way demonstrates your extreme ignorance as to what atheism is and isn't.

You have decided that "societal evolution and empathy does that" so you have decided what is right and wrong for you without even realizing it.

You believe that you are the only god in your life. You take His place in that you believe that you control your own destiny, make all of your own decisions, etc.

I didn't say you are your own God, I said you are your own god. A god is not necessarily divine or supernatural or a creator.

The fact that you think your ancestor from several supposed millions of year ago was an ape-like creature tells me all I need to know about your reasoning ability. You simply believe what you choose to believe. As everyone does.

BSL

Atheist God
I see. Please state your qualifications, Mr. God.

My God answers prayer. Can I beseech you to heal a family member of cancer or no?
Make me your God and you will be able to fulfill all your wishes and those of the members of the religion.
Yes you can beseech me although the act is not a requisite.

BSL

Atheist God
A.k.a. the evolution of humanity

BSL

Atheist God
You have decided that "societal evolution and empathy does that" so you have decided what is right and wrong for you without even realizing it.

You believe that you are the only god in your life. You take His place in that you believe that you control your own destiny, make all of your own decisions, etc.

I didn't say you are your own God, I said you are your own god. A god is not necessarily divine or supernatural or a creator.

The fact that you think your ancestor from several supposed millions of year ago was an ape-like creature tells me all I need to know about your reasoning ability. You simply believe what you choose to believe. As everyone does.
You have replaced yourself with God. Make me your God.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Your question does not follow logically from my statements.

God omnisciently designed people and gave them free will, knowing every decision we would choose in linear time.

You said, and i quote
"The lost ones in Genesis did what they wanted, not what God wanted."

So my post makes sense, unless in his omniscience, he deliberately designed a people to disobey his will

So he's either not omniscient or his design stinks, which us it?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Nope. I said "societal evolution" is what is responsible for what members of a given society consider right and wrong. I have absolutely nothing to do with it. I am in no way an authority. You, on the other hand, seem to think that your opinion of what God considers right and wrong is absolute. That is a lot more presumptuous than merely thinking that societal evolution dictates what members of a given society consider to by right and wrong.
So, you don't believe in free-will? My opinion is that we don't know whether free-will exists. According to great thinkers like Hawking, free-will might very well be an illusion. Our actions could be dictated by past experience, intuition, bias and instinct without us realizing it.

So, how are you defining the term "god"?

This is a silly comment. You failed to explain your reasoning here.

Literally every piece of evidence that we have discovered confirms the theory of evolution by natural selection. What verifiable evidence do you have to support your hypothesis? Why do you doubt evolution? Why do you think it is unreasonable to believe that the theory of evolution is accurate?

Ricktheheretic

"Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law"
Phone auto corrected Laveys to Labels.
Laveys religion is atheistic. Mine has me for god.

If your the god of your religion than no one wants to join it. I know that we can a look at the Bible and know who and what Yahweh is, but at least he's open to interpretation. If god was a person that we could all go out and find then we wouldn't be able to have our own interpretations of what his will and make his will meet our own needs. On both sides of WW2 god was invoked and used to justify the war. In the Middle Ages one man was "king ordained by god" and so was his adversary who wanted to take his kingdom. God is an archetype in the collective unconscious mind and we all clothe it with stuff from our personal unconsciousness. To one person god is "such and such," and to another god is completely different. We all perceive things through our own lenses and our emotions make god the way we feel he should be. Maybe everybody is god of his/her religion.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Make me your God and you will be able to fulfill all your wishes and those of the members of the religion.
Yes you can beseech me although the act is not a requisite.

Can I beseech you to stop pretending to powers you don't have? ;)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You said, and i quote
"The lost ones in Genesis did what they wanted, not what God wanted."

So my post makes sense, unless in his omniscience, he deliberately designed a people to disobey his will

So he's either not omniscient or his design stinks, which us it?

God knew, via omniscience, that people of their free will would do what they wanted, and not His desire for them.

You are confusing omnscience, knowing all, with foreordination, commanding all.

I've told you before that God loves you, knowing you will reject God's love even before I tell you. I knew what you would do but you did it of the godly gift of free will!

ChristineM

Premium Member
God knew, via omniscience, that people of their free will would do what they wanted, and not His desire for them.

You are confusing omnscience, knowing all, with foreordination, commanding all.

I've told you before that God loves you, knowing you will reject God's love even before I tell you. I knew what you would do but you did it of the godly gift of free will!

Your apologetics are typical apologetics and no, i am not confusing any thing. It seems you are limiting the value of omniscience to exclude what messes with your faith.

Omniscient : knowing everything.

So if as you say, he does not know everything then he is NOT omniscient

And now you are clairvoyant... Interesting how so many obvious actions are so easy to see after the fact when the faithful are making god claims.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Your apologetics are typical apologetics and no, i am not confusing any thing. It seems you are limiting the value of omniscience to exclude what messes with your faith.

Omniscient : knowing everything.

So if as you say, he does not know everything then he is NOT omniscient

And now you are clairvoyant... Interesting how so many obvious actions are so easy to see after the fact when the faithful are making god claims.

Your question was whether people doing things God dislikes breaks God's omniscience. The word you meant to use was omnipotence. Foreknowledge of an action is not causation.

God is omniscience but not classically omnipotent. There are some things God cannot do--like act contrary to His nature. His nature is making right and good choices. God chose to give people free will. God could NOT force you to Hell or Heaven against your will because He chose rightly to give YOU the POWER to choose. Since God has given you power, He in this case in not all-powerful.

He knows in advance whether you will choose Heaven or Hell (omniscience).

He allows you in advance to make the choice for yourself (lessened omnipotence).

Understand that omnipotence isn't a biblical term but a philosophical one. The Bible does say nothing is to difficult for God (which here includes sharing power).