• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left wingers in USA seem to be more imperialist fascists than right wingers nowadays

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I tell you my testimony and you don’t believe me and then proceed to tell me I have a “gut feeling”. :rolleyes:
That’s odd, you’re a prophet now
Testimony is not evidence. Anyone can make claims; anyone can 'testify'.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm saying that I can't evaluate your testimony till you give me some tangible evidence. Personal feelings and emotions aren't tangible evidence.
Call it what you will: gut feeling, emotion, personal revelation, dopamine surge.... What you're describing is a personal experience and not evidence that anyone else can examine.
ElishaElijah said:
This view is totally wrong, God is Holy and we are not that’s the problem, sin has separated us from God and you would have to be perfect to stay in Heaven with God. Jesus was perfect for us and took our sin, satisfied God’s judgement against us for our rebellion.
This is just a list of unsupported claims. You're preaching, not discussing, debating, arguing or explaining.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Islam is works related and they have no way of being born again or the confidence they have eternal life. Islam is a religion because it’s based on rules and regulations to be in good standing with God. Then they hope it was enough. I have an engagement ring from God and He is the guarantee of my inheritance. Totally different
Normally I don't even read your stuff let alone comment on them, but the above is simply a nonsensical and truly pathetic stereotype. I have had many Muslim students over the years, I've been involved ecumenically with a great many of them over decades now, and Islam teaches belief and devotion to God ["Allah"] and also living moral lives very similar to what Jesus taught, who's highly revered in Islam, btw.

If one walks-the-walk with God and not just talks-the-talk as Jesus warmed many will only do, then we should do just that and then let Him do the judging. As Gandhi noted, all too many Christians "elevated the man and forgot his message".

this is a one-and-out post

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Turning your life around isn’t being born again, being born again is being filled with God’s Spirit that enables me to commune with God in fellowship. All my sin has been washed away and I have a clear conscience before God and a different desire than I had before.
Again, that is merely a phrase that makes you feel good. That happens quite often with religious groups. Different religions have different phrases. That does not make one better than others or more real.

And you should be using a qualifier. You believe that you have a clear conscience. Others have similar beliefs. So what?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This view is totally wrong, God is Holy and we are not that’s the problem, sin has separated us from God and you would have to be perfect to stay in Heaven with God. Jesus was perfect for us and took our sin, satisfied God’s judgement against us for our rebellion.
So not the God of the Bible then. If one reads and understands the Bible the "God of the Bible" is anything but Holy.

People that make the mistake of reading the Bible literally seem to have a hard time understanding how the myths of Genesis paint God as a bumbling, insecure and incompetent god.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So I was an addict and alcoholic and a messed up life and God delivered me and went from bankrupt in every way to successful and faithful husband and father all because of God and your equivalence is schizophrenic.:confused:
So are you saying you have evidence that there is no God?
How did God "deliver" you and how can you demonstrate that?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Islam is works related and they have no way of being born again or the confidence they have eternal life. Islam is a religion because it’s based on rules and regulations to be in good standing with God.
So what?

Then they hope it was enough. I have an engagement ring from God and He is the guarantee of my inheritance. Totally different
Sounds like the same thing to me. Claims lacking in evidence.

Can you show us this engagement ring you got from God?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I tell you my testimony and you don’t believe me and then proceed to tell me I have a “gut feeling”. :rolleyes:
That’s odd, you’re a prophet now
I'm guessing that was pointed out because you've provided no evidence at all other than your personal belief that a God was responsible for what happened to you.

It sounds to me like you cleaned yourself up on your own volition, as many people do. You should be proud of yourself for that.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
More claims, no evidence.

Thankfully, science doesn't operate in such a way. Now I understand why you reject much of it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So what?

Sounds like the same thing to me. Claims lacking in evidence.

Can you show us this engagement ring you got from God?
0_lCZdhIhpTRCv2sYu.jpg

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
In my perception, they are all very good actors, play charades well and there is no such thing as left vs right. Or Republican vs Democrat. They give the populace this impression but they are all aligned and one, all working to divide and conquer, control and manipulate the populace. They feast off of emotions, mental conditioning, pulling each various emotional string well in the various types of humans.

The left can become the right and the right can become the left and they’ll all still play their acting roles very well. Most will keep falling hook, line, and sinker for it all. Thinking these people are divided and working for your best interest. While all laughing their asses off at the populace behind the curtain.

Guess it’s good entertainment for many though.

Normally I don't even read your stuff let alone comment on them, but the above is simply a nonsensical and truly pathetic stereotype. I have had many Muslim students over the years, I've been involved ecumenically with a great many of them over decades now, and Islam teaches belief and devotion to God ["Allah"] and also living moral lives very similar to what Jesus taught, who's highly revered in Islam, btw.

If one walks-the-walk with God and not just talks-the-talk as Jesus warmed many will only do, then we should do just that and then let Him do the judging. As Gandhi noted, all too many Christians "elevated the man and forgot his message".

this is a one-and-out post
That’s works related because in order to be right with God it depends on something you do as with Islam other religions. But for believers in Jesus Christ it’s trusting what Jesus has done for us on the Cross and by that is our righteousness before God. There is no other way to get right with God.

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
That’s works related because in order to be right with God it depends on something you do as with Islam other religions. But for believers in Jesus Christ it’s trusting what Jesus has done for us on the Cross and by that is our righteousness before God. There is no other way to get right with God.
So you don't actually need to do anything in order to be saved by your God - no good deeds, no moral life, no restrictions or boundaries, you only need to trust very hard in Jesus?

No wonder Christianity is so popular.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you don't actually need to do anything in order to be saved by your God - no good deeds, no moral life, no restrictions or boundaries, you only need to trust very hard in Jesus?

There are quite a few different kinds of Christians. There are those that say works are needed to get to heaven. The worst Christians, in my opinion, are the ones that believe the false dogma of "Once saved always saved." They have the mistaken belief that they cannot sin any longer.

Living a Holy life after you are born again doesn’t save you but is proof and evidence that you are born again. After I received Jesus Christ and was born again I wanted to live different, sin wasn’t attractive anymore. Galatians 5

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Living a Holy life after you are born again doesn’t save you but is proof and evidence that you are born again. After I received Jesus Christ and was born again I wanted to live different, sin wasn’t attractive anymore. Galatians 5
So it's still about you and only yourself, and not about helping others, gotcha.