• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left wingers in USA seem to be more imperialist fascists than right wingers nowadays

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So I was an addict and alcoholic and a messed up life and God delivered me and went from bankrupt in every way to successful and faithful husband and father all because of God and your equivalence is schizophrenic.:confused:
So are you saying you have evidence that there is no God?
Now you are trying to shift the burden of proof. A rational person does not believe that something exists until sufficient evidence is given for that belief. Your "evidence" is very weak. If you had studied other religions you would understand why. Do you have evidence that Bigfoot does not exist? I don't. I still do not believe that he exists. Give me some reliable evidence and I will change my mind.

I don't need evidence there is no god. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim -- that would be you.
I have my evidence and that’s why I’m a believer, you asked if I could prove it to you and no I don’t have the ability to open your eyes, only God does.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have my evidence and that’s why I’m a believer, you asked if I could prove it to you and no I don’t have the ability to open your eyes, only God does.
The problem is that it is not very reliable evidence. Other religions have the same sort of evidence. Does that make Islam correct?

Let me ask you this. Since you believe in god, what evidence do you have that a god exists?
Remember this is your claim. The burden is on you to support it, not on anyone else to disprove it.
The way these discussions start are people make a claim that a person cannot know God or that He exists and I would respond that comment is false because I know God and share my experience. Then the other questions and unbelief come in on the dissenters.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wouldn’t say being born again is a religion but a relationship with God my Creator.
Trust us, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. It looks like you are just recognizing the flaws of many religions and do not want your religious beliefs associated with other beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The way these discussions start are people make a claim that a person cannot know God or that He exists and I would respond that comment is false because I know God and share my experience. Then the other questions and unbelief come in on the dissenters.
Actually you believe that God exists but so far have refused to change your believing to knowing. That is why proper testing is done in the sciences. Early on a scientist may believe that he has found some new discovery. He does not change over to knowing until the discovery has been thoroughly tested.

The problem is that it is not very reliable evidence. Other religions have the same sort of evidence. Does that make Islam correct?
Islam is works related and they have no way of being born again or the confidence they have eternal life. Islam is a religion because it’s based on rules and regulations to be in good standing with God. Then they hope it was enough. I have an engagement ring from God and He is the guarantee of my inheritance. Totally different

Actually you believe that God exists but so far have refused to change your believing to knowing. That is why proper testing is done in the sciences. Early on a scientist may believe that he has found some new discovery. He does not change over to knowing until the discovery has been thoroughly tested.
The final exam is at the Judgement so that’s when we are going to know.

Trust us, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. It looks like you are just recognizing the flaws of many religions and do not want your religious beliefs associated with other beliefs.
Not by works of righteousness that we have done but according to His mercy He saved us. This is unique not like the others. If you believe all are the same you don’t understand the gospel.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have a gut feeling, that's "evidence" only for you. When people ask for evidence of something they're asking for tangible, observable, testable evidence than anyone could examine.
I wouldn’t say being born again is a religion but a relationship with God my Creator.
Characterize it however you will, you adopted a belief system and it worked for you as a therapeutic modality. That doesn't make the belief system true, only effective -- for you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Islam is works related and they have no way of being born again or the confidence they have eternal life. Islam is a religion because it’s based on rules and regulations to be in good standing with God. Then they hope it was enough. I have an engagement ring from God and He is the guarantee of my inheritance. Totally different
So what? "Born again" is just a nonsense term that is not even used by all Christians. It does not mean that Muslims cannot turn their life around due to their beliefs.

If you want to claim that there is a difference you need something much more substantial than that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not by works of righteousness that we have done but according to His mercy He saved us. This is unique not like the others. If you believe all are the same you don’t understand the gospel.
Again, that is just your branch of Christianity. Other religions, and even other Christians have different beliefs. Your claim is a big "So what?" Think about it. According to you we are being saved from an evil version of God. If you fully understood the Garden of Eden myth you would understand this.

You have a gut feeling, that's "evidence" only for you. When people ask for evidence of something they're asking for tangible, observable, testable evidence than anyone could examine.
I tell you my testimony and you don’t believe me and then proceed to tell me I have a “gut feeling”. :rolleyes:
That’s odd, you’re a prophet now

Again, that is just your branch of Christianity. Other religions, and even other Christians have different beliefs. Your claim is a big "So what?" Think about it. According to you we are being saved from an evil version of God. If you fully understood the Garden of Eden myth you would understand this.
This view is totally wrong, God is Holy and we are not that’s the problem, sin has separated us from God and you would have to be perfect to stay in Heaven with God. Jesus was perfect for us and took our sin, satisfied God’s judgement against us for our rebellion.

So what? "Born again" is just a nonsense term that is not even used by all Christians. It does not mean that Muslims cannot turn their life around due to their beliefs.
Turning your life around isn’t being born again, being born again is being filled with God’s Spirit that enables me to commune with God in fellowship. All my sin has been washed away and I have a clear conscience before God and a different desire than I had before.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Huh? What are you talking about? Who claimed all religions were the same?
Every religion's 'unique', or it wouldn't be a separate religion.
OK... But I'm not making any claims. I'm just asking if you have any actual, tangible evidence that a god exists.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Apparently he was never taught how to reason logically, how to use and evaluate evidence, or how to think critically. He confuses feeling with thinking.
And one seems to severely undercuts their claim to be Christian when they support and try to justify the words and behavior of someone like Donald J. Trump, which so many on the religious right have done and continue to do.

"You are like the company you keep", thus if one supports autocrats that repeatedly lie, demean innocent people, repeatedly committing adultery, bragging how they can sexually assault women, bragging about their penis size, etc., they simply are not acting as a Christian would and must. Instead of Christianity, it's secular right-wing politics that's obviously their #1 driving force-- not Jesus' teachings of love of God & neighbor. And if Jesus was around today, I think he likely would tell them "I know ye not".